Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Mushrooms are a power, not a drug, and power must be yielded wisely.. discuss.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.29.2008, 08:03 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 02:52 AM   #22
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
Too much fucking money for me though, man. I'll stick with liquer.

How much do you pay and for what type?

i never have to pay for mushies, there is an abundance of mushrooms (liberty caps/Psilocybe semilanceata) grow here in the autumn and i've been picking every year since 1993, last year was one of the best and longest season yet probably because the summer was so shit and wet, there were still shrooms coming up at xmas!

i think this year could be very good aswell

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 04:32 AM   #23
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Best thread title ever!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 04:53 AM   #24
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
such friends, the way you are talking - it almost seems like you are suggesting
that mushrooms take you to a different reality that always exists. as in the power they have is to unlock a state of mind that is always present. Most people instead think its just making the reality you inhabit now feel different.

i would agree with you if this is what you are suggesting. i believe that all different states of reality exist simultaenously and by ingesting shrooms or whatever we simply unlock the door to them. a bit like changing the resolution on yr computer monitor only in your mind.

If humanity got to a state where shrooms became a part of our diet permanently and our brains eventually evolved to accomodate this then the laws of physics written would prob include explanations for monstors coming out the tv screen, or whatever trippy shit becomes the norm.

Shrooms are both a drug and a power. The more people take them, the more time humans spend on them, then the more their power becomes a part of society. However at the moment since they are taken by so few the reality of shrooms is limited in the potentials it can offer to deal with a generally non tripping society.

All power corrupts of course.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 04:59 AM   #25
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Oh for crying out loud, when you start beleiving psychedelic drugs are keys to unlock doors to alternative realities there is only one clear message to heed: STOP TAKING PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 03:23 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
such friends, the way you are talking - it almost seems like you are suggesting
that mushrooms take you to a different reality that always exists. as in the power they have is to unlock a state of mind that is always present.

yes, that is exactly I am saying. these things can be easily explained by current astrological cosmologies and deep equations of string theory, which suggest and almost demand the existence of alternate and parallel universes/dimensions that exist concurrently within each other. The chemicals in the fungus, once ingested and metabolized shift the focus of consciousness towards the perception of these alternate dimensions of existence. Further, you need not any substance to do this, rather any kind of meditation, prayer and even day dream can achieve this level of higher consciousness.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 03:34 PM   #27
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Oh for crying out loud, when you start beleiving psychedelic drugs are keys to unlock doors to alternative realities there is only one clear message to heed: STOP TAKING PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS!
Old 08.30.2008, 03:39 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here

yes, if you are referring to synthetics like LSD-25, MDMA, or PCP.

However, Daturas, certain mushrooms, a mescaline cacti, DMT, and hundreds of other hallucinogenic plants are all naturally occurring, in fact, your brain already produces low quantities of DMT for a yet unknown purpose, the same way it produces THC and morphine as endorphins and endocannibinoids

I accept that these naturally occuring chemicals can alter the consciousness of the human mind to enhance perception.

Old 08.30.2008, 03:43 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

so what are you in doubt:

a) the existence of these alternate dimensions of existence

and/or

b) the ability of certain plants to alter consciousness and allow perception of these said dimensions

c) the ability at all to perceive this universe, by any means?

Old 08.30.2008, 03:45 PM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ I'm about reposting statements I agree with in large bold text when all other rep means fail.

and.....hi. I used to grow psilocybe cubensis in petri dishes (note to DEA agents following Mr. Dangerous: over 9000 years ago). had they indeed held power, I would be fucking Dr. Doom by now.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 03:48 PM   #31
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
My definition of a drug:
something you sniff, shoot, inhale, or inject, suck on, let in through your pores, eat, or insert into your butt that affects someone's mind/nerves OR acts as a catalyst for a bodily function- pooping, antibody creation, etc OR alters your levels of bodily chemicals OR affects your blood pressure/heart rate OR rids or helps rid your body of an alien presence.

I think shrooms fit under my definition.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 03:53 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
^^^ I'm about reposting statements I agree with in large bold text when all other rep means fail.

and.....hi. I used to grow psilocybe cubensis in petri dishes (note to DEA agents following Mr. Dangerous: over 9000 years ago). had they indeed held power, I would be fucking Dr. Doom by now.

yes, I am sure the bag-o-wire are all around, but DEA is a bit high ranking for little ol me. so could I put you down for agreeing with A, B and C then?

Bag-O-Wire in Websters

and now for the real definition: bag-o-wire is the name given to the three FBI informants who sold out Marcus Garvey to a young Mr. J. Edgar Hoover. today it remains slang for any agent or informant

FBI reports on marcus Garvey

Old 08.30.2008, 03:55 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
My definition of a drug:
something you sniff, shoot, inhale, or inject, suck on, let in through your pores, eat, or insert into your butt that affects someone's mind/nerves OR acts as a catalyst for a bodily function- pooping, antibody creation, etc OR alters your levels of bodily chemicals OR affects your blood pressure/heart rate OR rids or helps rid your body of an alien presence.

I think shrooms fit under my definition.

things within my definition of a drug fit that list, but for I-man

drug= synthetic

there are chemicals in an apple that can affect heart rate or mood but we do not think of fruit as being psychotropic..

Old 08.30.2008, 04:03 PM   #34
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
DEA is a bit high ranking for little ol me.

I kid. I am a kidder. we both know it's the FBI.

Quote:
so could I put you down for agreeing with A, B and C then?

yes, but...OH SHIT MAN IT'S THE POL---
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 04:29 PM   #35
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
My definition of a drug:
something you sniff, shoot, inhale, or inject, suck on, let in through your pores, eat, or insert into your butt that affects someone's mind/nerves OR acts as a catalyst for a bodily function- pooping, antibody creation, etc OR alters your levels of bodily chemicals OR affects your blood pressure/heart rate OR rids or helps rid your body of an alien presence..

what like mountain dew?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 05:19 PM   #36
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
things within my definition of a drug fit that list, but for I-man

drug= synthetic

there are chemicals in an apple that can affect heart rate or mood but we do not think of fruit as being psychotropic..
Okay, then cannabis is not a drug either, nor is cocaine, etc.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 05:19 PM   #37
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Old 08.30.2008, 05:28 PM   #38
SYRFox
invito al cielo

If everything that has occured naturally is good,
should I reconsider Sum 41 ?
Old 08.30.2008, 05:30 PM   #39
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
No no no no no!!!
Old 08.30.2008, 06:27 PM   #40
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
lol

This is a ridiculous thread.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth