Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Friday the 13th 2009 trailer... help !
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2008, 02:04 PM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
ALright, I'm with EXCEPT I have this weird thing....... I agree about people capable of making crap, but I like that. If it makes sense? Like "Oh man, JASON TAKES MANHATTAN is soooooo bad, I love it." kind of thing. It's not even that I'm saying the film is great. But because it's a film about Jason hacking up teens. Then I'm on board. It's fun. That's why slashers are by far my favorite genre. It goes back to the UP ALL NIGHT stuff. It's fun for me.

FEAST II sounds like it has a lot of the stuff in FEAST I. meh.

Eli Roth has tons of potential I think. His THANKSGIVING trailer was brilliant (borrowing heavily from The Majorettes, if you didnt notice?). The Hostels were good I think, for what they were, but I think he's going to really deliver down the road. He's planning a full DVD of fake trailers by the way.

Also, I found this on G. Andrews: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_F...:_Spring_Fever
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 02:08 PM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I knew about Cabin Fever 2... dunno what to think. We'll see.....

I just realized that I am wearing Battle Royale shirt as I type this (I don't ever notice what shirts I put on since they're all black anyway), and Eli Roth was wearing one on the Bravo channel on Halloween. Haha. Okay, anyway, Eli Roth will eventually do something great, I just.. I dunno... all of his films have like 3 or 4 really amazing scenes, that's what gets me... All in all, I don't really like any of his films though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 02:26 PM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Not sure what to make of CF2 either. I dnt think I like that Roth is not attached. But, it does have some reoccuring characters. We'll see.

I want to say though, that I am sick of remakes. I was sick of remakes years ago really. I'd love to see some straight up sequels. Or even a prequel is OK with me. But why remakes? It's weird.
Old 11.04.2008, 02:44 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The only remake I've seen that I really liked was the Departed... though I'd rather watch Infernal Affairs... and most people making remakes aren't Scorsesce..

But horror remakes just flat-out don't make any sense to me... the worst offender was definitely the shot for short remake of Psycho...

Old 11.04.2008, 02:50 PM   #25
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Good call. There's a short list of horror remakes I like. For instance, Carpenter's The Thing is undeniable. Or Cronenberg's The Fly. And there's a few recent ones that I think are good, but again would have been even better had we just called them sequels.

PS-- we own this thread, son.
Old 11.05.2008, 12:00 PM   #26
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Cronenberg's The Fly is a billion times better than the original... Cronenberg took a haunting story and actually made it into a haunting film.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 12:18 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Ah yeah the Fly remake is great. There are some good remakes, I just overlook them because I'm thinking of the 200 or so remakes released in the past few years. Abel Ferrara's "Body Snatchers" kinda remake was really good too... but again that was like 15 years ago.

Old 11.05.2008, 02:08 PM   #28
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Rob Zombie's Halloween was horrible. This looks horrible as well. My ratings for the Friday the 13th series:

part 1 - 7/10
part 2 - 6/10
part 3 - 7/10
part 4 - 6/10
part 5 - 3/10
part 6 - 8/10
part 7 - 6/10
part 8 - 7/10
part 9 - 7/10
part 10 - 5/10
freddy vs jason - 4/10

Part 6 is your favorite? Seriously?

Part 7 is fun for the ridiculousness of the ending
Part 9 is fun for Creighton Duke
Part 1 is fun for the knife through the bottom of the bed
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 02:30 PM   #29
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Ah yeah the Fly remake is great. There are some good remakes, I just overlook them because I'm thinking of the 200 or so remakes released in the past few years. Abel Ferrara's "Body Snatchers" kinda remake was really good too... but again that was like 15 years ago.

The Blob remake was good. The 80's one with Shawnee Smith in it.
Old 11.05.2008, 02:31 PM   #30
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Part 6 is your favorite? Seriously?

Part 7 is fun for the ridiculousness of the ending
Part 9 is fun for Creighton Duke
Part 1 is fun for the knife through the bottom of the bed

6 is my favorite. For real. It's such a good mix of all the series' strong points.
Old 11.05.2008, 09:14 PM   #31
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

6 is by far the best. I'm pretty sure most fans of the series think so (not that it matters).

Old 11.05.2008, 11:44 PM   #32
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
i agree 6 was the last great friday the 13th...weird to see others like six too, haha..id have to say 6 and the final chapter(4) are my favs, but ill watch 1-6 anytime they are on

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 11:53 PM   #33
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
part 8 jason takes manhatten was a work of unparalelled genius.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 02:12 AM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I've always had a soft spot for 8. Dunno why. It's technically pretty shitty, but.. I dunno. Something about it..

Old 11.06.2008, 08:20 AM   #35
noisereductions
invito al cielo

My wife and I have had long discussions about 8, because in a way (or in most ways) it's the worst of the series. I mean, it's a bad film. But if yr a fan you can't help but like it. There's something about it. I dnt know. I think it feels like an end to an era of F13 films (and it was -- the beginning of the Jason films).

And I think the reason that most real fans of the series are so into part 6 is because that's a straight up fan-film. Y'know? It's like... high body count? Check. Awesome kills? Check. Hilariously unreal characters? Check. And then at the same time it's got tons of injokes to the series itself (the gravedigger? etc). It's really sort of an homage to the series itself.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth