Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A few questions about death
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2009, 01:34 AM   #21
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
I think when you die you just sort of float around for a while. Maybe visit people, see how they're doing. And then I think you just sort of become extinguished. Only you never are fully extinguished. In a way there's always a part of you that goes on...
Old 06.29.2009, 01:43 AM   #22
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Apparently after having your head chopped off, you still have brain function for 10-15 seconds. So I'd imagine you feel pain. I think "quick and painless death" might be a bit of a myth.

I think we have immortal souls.

Yes, but the massive loss of blood pressure will probably knock you out in a second.

I'm having hard time believing in anything that is "post-life" as it seems bit ridiculous. The whole idea probably emerges from peoples unwillingness to admit the chance that were just mere biological machines that stop working at some point.

There's certainly a cyclicality in everything but there's nothing metaphysical to it.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 02:17 AM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 02:59 AM   #24
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I don't think suicide is painless, unless it's an instant death (or maybe the pain could somehow lasts longer?).
As for when you die, I kind of think there's nothing, but this is hard to imagine - like, before you were born, you didn't exist, but you can't really imagine not existing. Reincarnation is something I've thought of before, but I don't know what to write.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 03:12 AM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

Do you think he felt pain?

Old 06.29.2009, 03:49 AM   #26
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses

i'm pretty sure that when you die she comes for you and guides you to where you're going. i'm looking forward to it myself.

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 06:39 AM   #27
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
In my opinion the quicker you die, the more painful it is, but it's only for a shorter time. Inversely, the slower you die, the less painful it is, but it is painful for a longer period of time before death.

Also after you die, body rots in ground. Your mind just shuts off, as if you were never alive in the first place.
Old 06.29.2009, 06:50 AM   #28
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
well, I don't really know what to think about killing yourself by shooting yourself into your head/mouth. someone (sway?) said it would be really painless and brief, but i'm not really sure. I mean, it must be fucking INCREDIBLY painful, and I don't really believe you'd be dead within a milisecond, would you? i still think it takes a couple of seconds before you die.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 06:58 AM   #29
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I agree. Shooting yourself would indeed be incredibly painful. I would know, one time I turned a shotgun to my face, hurt like a bitch.
Old 06.29.2009, 08:01 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

if I kill myself, I'm going to take a shitload of sleeping pills and wrap myself up in a blanket in a running car. Drive run into the garage about 20 minutes after taking the pills. Let the carbon monoxide vapours fill my lungs. That should do the trick.

Old 06.29.2009, 08:55 AM   #31
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
if I kill myself, I'm going to take a shitload of sleeping pills and wrap myself up in a blanket in a running car. Drive run into the garage about 20 minutes after taking the pills. Let the carbon monoxide vapours fill my lungs. That should do the trick.

Fuck that. http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=manly_suicide
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 08:58 AM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

This is the best thing I've ever read.

Headbutting is probably the manliest thing ever. Not only is it useful for suicide, it's also a great way to break up with your girlfriend. For example, I couldn't find the words to tell my ex that our relationship was over, so one day while we were watching TV I headbutt her in the tits. Then I picked up my jacket and left. No awkward goodbyes, no "still friends" bullshit. Just a couple of bruised titties and a failed relationship. I rule.

Old 06.29.2009, 09:05 AM   #33
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses

terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 09:55 AM   #34
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
who cares if it hurts?

suicide's for fucking pussies.

I have very little sympathy for this highly selfish, and all-too-emo act.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 10:06 AM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I feel we get one go round.

make the best of it.
or make the worst of it

you have to live with your decisions.

and when you die... well, life woudl be pretty pointless if death was just more life....
Old 06.29.2009, 10:07 AM   #36
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
life woudl be pretty pointless if death was just more life....

do you eat, or say, use fertilizer?

I do!

creation feeds upon entropy, and vice versa.

I have no reason to believe that the metaphysical world doesn't mimic the physical one.
Old 06.29.2009, 12:20 PM   #37
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
who cares if it hurts?

suicide's for fucking pussies.

I have very little sympathy for this highly selfish, and all-to-emo act.

the highly selfish suicide is only one of the different kinds of suicide. even if the asshole doing it only wants to catch attention, this person is dealing with putting an end to his/her own existance.. it sounds more like a serious mental problem/disorder more than some emo act.. :P
[Sandbag] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 12:27 PM   #38
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i have this notion that heaven is a complete aural/visual experience made strange by the fact that we won't have bodies. just spirit viscera floating in this ocean of unbelievably bright shifting spectrum, enveloped in sound.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 12:39 PM   #39
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

fuck sound and light. I want 99 horny virgins.
Old 06.29.2009, 12:41 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
do you eat, or say, use fertilizer?

I do!

creation feeds upon entropy, and vice versa.

I have no reason to believe that the metaphysical world doesn't mimic the physical one.

that's exactly my point.

I have no reason to believ there is a metaphysical world at all.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth