Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm a miserable person that hates/despises nearly all of my friends
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.17.2007, 08:46 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I think Ms. Dickinson, and many other people, long to be adventurous, but are too scared or lazy to be adventurous.

I'm leaning towards lazy.

dont typecast people-- emily dickinson did a ton of housework back in the day and wrote some of the best volumes of poetry ever to come out of america. please brother...

on that note the bronte sisters did the same-- cooked, baked breade, embroidered, sewed, tended to the household AND managed to write some kickass novels-- if wuthering heights is not one of the best things you've ever read, then what is?

i dont think that one-size-fits-all works in the land of the free...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 08:53 PM   #42
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dont typecast people-- emily dickinson did a ton of housework back in the day and wrote some of the best volumes of poetry ever to come out of america. please brother...

on that note the bronte sisters did the same-- cooked, baked breade, embroidered, sewed, tended to the household AND managed to write some kickass novels-- if wuthering heights is not one of the best things you've ever read, then what is?

i dont think that one-size-fits-all works in the land of the free...

I didn't specifically mean she was lazy, but definitely a little scared and sheltered. This is probably what her poetry is made of.

I'll read Wuthering Heights and get back to you on that one, brother.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 08:57 PM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I didn't specifically mean she was lazy, but definitely a little scared and sheltered. This is probably what her poetry is made of.

I'll read Wuthering Heights and get back to you on that one, brother.

ok, but don't be hard on luxy, or else...

ps as an intro to wuthering heights i strongly suggest you read bataille's "literature and evil", he's the one who turned me on to emily bronte.

hm, lots of emilys.
Old 05.17.2007, 09:07 PM   #44
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
emily is the best name in the world.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 10:12 PM   #45
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

however, on the subject of friends, etc-- life changes, friends change, everyone goes off & creates their own lives whether they stay in their hometown or go abroad, and it sucks but you'll have to adapt to the fact that your highschool friends won't stay the same one way or another, and in fact if they stay the same it's a sign that something is wrong with them. you change too, everybody changes, for good or bad, and that's life.

in other words, the paradise of your childhood and teenage years is forever gone and you can't go back, i'm afraid. have a ceremony and bury it some place nice, cos it's not coming back...

My friends really aren't a huge problem. I'm just going to have to deal with them this summer and then hopefully they'll go away. I don't want things to be like they were in high school, or when I was a kid, as far as friendships go (or anything else, really). They weren't good then either. I wouldn't want to go back to that. I mostly like the way things are now. I don't want you to get the idea that I'm trying to hold on to the past, because it was so great or something. It wasn't, and I'm not.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 10:18 PM   #46
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Lux, I see where you are coming from, but for me I need to get out of this town, I mean I love it, it is the best town I have seen, but for christ sake I need more things around me, and driving just stresses me out. I could stay here, and go to CSUN which is the university they have here, I mean I have it as a safety school, but I think I have been sheltered way too long. I was a sickly kid and everybody sheltered me for fear of I getting hurt, and I think I am ready to break out, and see if I can truly make it on my own. I don't know I just feel I need to blow this town, cause I feel there is nothing for me here.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 10:25 PM   #47
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
Once I moved back to my hometown, after a completely disastrous semester in Chicago, a lot of people I know--including certain friends and family members--began to look down on me for something that I felt wasn't so much of a choice as a necessity. I still have to take crap about it from people who don't even understand the whole ordeal, simply because they want to believe I chickened out in some way. Who would want to live in a place where they don't feel welcome?

Don't you love it how quick people are to judge when they haven't walked in your shoes?

I eliminated all of those friends.

Now I have friends that don't judge me, but instead get really annoying after awhile.

I have a few friends that are more quiet, and they don't say much, but I can talk to them, and they seem to get it. My one friend like this called me when he was in Nashville just because he was bored. Another friend of mine is in the military, and I barely knew him before he left, but he got ahold of my number and he calls me and tells me about parties and stuff when he comes to visit town on leave.

I hate to sound like a girl, but I love when a friend calls me for no reason. Because they felt like talking to me, and might have had a little bit of information to convey me, but nothing dire. It makes me feel like I'm actually their friend, and not just somebody to hang out with when bored. Or the guy with the big house and a really nice mom that makes everyone tea.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 10:46 PM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
My friends really aren't a huge problem. I'm just going to have to deal with them this summer and then hopefully they'll go away. I don't want things to be like they were in high school, or when I was a kid, as far as friendships go (or anything else, really). They weren't good then either. I wouldn't want to go back to that. I mostly like the way things are now. I don't want you to get the idea that I'm trying to hold on to the past, because it was so great or something. It wasn't, and I'm not.

oh, ok. sorry i was a bit confused because in an earlier post you complained that your friends were better friends in the past etc (those who changed, the one w/ the boyfriend & the other, i forget). good to know then.

so the problem is not that you're here nor there, but that you can't find tolerable people, eh?

hmmm........

hm....

well yeah if you're picky friends will be hard to find. but you should be picky. no need to submit yourself to the intrusion of annoying creatures just because "you're supposed to have friends". fuckem.

madame !@#$%! and i have a few friends we like. we take them in moderation so as not to burn out. we also have friends of our own, but it's harder to spend time with them because well, life's that way.

i think as one grows older, the relationship energy tends to go towards building one's tribe (spouse, brats, whatever), and friends take second place. friends can be nice, but after a long day with them you realize why you could never marry them. plus the lack of make-up sex make friendships more brittle.

hm... so... i guess... nothing...!
Old 05.18.2007, 12:24 AM   #49
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
This is a very common response, but I still am unable to make sense of it. First, there is the assumption that once you're out of high school you'll have more of a chance of meeting people who are similar to you. It's not necessarily true, because it's all based on luck. I mean, the same people who are going to these colleges are the ones who attended the high schools in the surrounding area, usually. College doesn't automatically change people for the better. Also, I can't just expect to soon meet people who are more like me. In college, I can tell that a lot of my interests still put people off in the same way they did in high school. And I don't even make a big deal out of it all--it's something that people just find out eventually, by asking questions and such.

And then you talk about the people who choose to keep living in the same area they grew up in--what of it? It's not hurting you, and it's their own personal choice anyway. Once I moved back to my hometown, after a completely disastrous semester in Chicago, a lot of people I know--including certain friends and family members--began to look down on me for something that I felt wasn't so much of a choice as a necessity. I still have to take crap about it from people who don't even understand the whole ordeal, simply because they want to believe I chickened out in some way. Who would want to live in a place where they don't feel welcome?

I don't mean that I've moved continents. I moved to the city, more a coastal town about a 25 minute drive from where I grew up and went to school. Leaving school doesn't mean you meet new people, but it means you can drop the ones who you don't truely care for as you're not around them everyday in a classroom. I never attempted to meet knew friends, I just did what I wanted to, I went to shows, galleries, etc etc, by myself if need be. I met people who were also into the same thing. I didn't hang around school friends until I met knew friends.

Living in the same town you grew up in depends on the town to me. Where I grew up was very football orientated and alot of people were destined to repeat the past. They now work at shitty jobs and date people from school who they never really even spoke to. Why? I don't know. Probably because they run in the same circle as eachother now. I can't think of anything worse.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth