Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm a miserable person that hates/despises nearly all of my friends
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2007, 12:23 AM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
They are all just sooooo. . . eh. Uncultured heathens I say. Unrespectful lazy mongrels.

You might say I'm lazy, but I'm not. I'm simply unmotivated. Ask my friends to lift a feather and they will complain to you about how heavy it is. Ask me to lift it and I will ask why. Convince me, and I will pick it up with ease, and tell my friends it was nothing compared to the rock that I was convinced to pick up the day before.

Oh, plus my friends are freaking cheap. I don't have a job- so all the money I get is from doing odd jobs, which are infrequent. But when I have money I'm not cheap with it and I give good tips. My friends always bitch about not having money but always have it for cigarettes and they have jobs which they bitch about constantly. When I say I don't have any money, I really mean it. If I don't have any money on me, but I'm not broke, I specify.

Plus they come over to my house on the weekend, play with all my cool shit, eat food, practice guitar, all that shit- but they never tell me about any plans they make or anything they're doing.

They go to shitty punk/ska shows but don't get anything more advanced to that. So I end up going to "cool" shows with my mom.

They form these shitty punk bands that I could care less about but I invite to basement shows that I set up because I don't want to be mean.

But then when they set up shows, I have to beg them like a dog. Which I don't do. The shows they set up always end badly. A show going badly for me involves me being pissed off because a band had no etiquette. For them, it ends up with "hardcore" kids breaking stuff and the show getting ended because my friends have absolutely no discretion when it comes to picking bands to play.

So I've taken to openly insulting and berating my friends, telling them how inferior they are to me, and they just smile. They don't see that I'm using sarcasm as a mask to tell them the truth.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 12:47 AM   #2
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
To me if they have money to buy cigarettes they aren't broke.

My one friend was over and my Dad happened to need to deliver some furniture to somebodies house. Just a simple bedroom set. He bitched so fricking much about lifting the dresser, when I was supporting most of the weight. And it was nothing, and I'm not a fit strong guy at all. He has never had to lift furniture made completely out of rosewood, butcher blocks, large pieces of marble or slate, or large stones.

I don't know, some of my friends are just little bitches and they really annoy me.

And my older friends are no better. I'll go to parties and they just try to get me drunk as fast as possible, and we end up throwing shit at eachother and hitting eachother.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 01:06 AM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
To me if they have money to buy cigarettes they aren't broke.

My one friend was over and my Dad happened to need to deliver some furniture to somebodies house. Just a simple bedroom set. He bitched so fricking much about lifting the dresser, when I was supporting most of the weight. And it was nothing, and I'm not a fit strong guy at all. He has never had to lift furniture made completely out of rosewood, butcher blocks, large pieces of marble or slate, or large stones.

I don't know, some of my friends are just little bitches and they really annoy me.

And my older friends are no better. I'll go to parties and they just try to get me drunk as fast as possible, and we end up throwing shit at eachother and hitting eachother.

holy ass man, if you can't find different friends, then get out of that loser town. go to philly.

but you must admit, you're bitching as well.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 01:59 AM   #4
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
That sucks man, that is why I have been mostly isolated. But I have met several cool people at college, but we are just too busy to hang out.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 02:10 AM   #5
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like my friends either, but not really for the reasons you've listed. The bad part is that I have no desire to make new ones because it always turns out the same way.

One of my pet peeves is when I hear people say that they are bored, and this is what my friends do constantly every time we're together, which thankfully isn't often anymore, though that may change this summer. They complain about being back in Washington when they could be having more fun on their school campus. They're always slagging me off for some reason or another...it's childish. I think maybe that's my problem with them in general, is that they can't just grow up, and they're just about the least interesting sort of people to talk to. One friend in particular, I just realized on Sunday when we were together, is very predictable and has nothing to contribute to anything, and the whole time I was with her I just wanted to go home and work on my essays for class the next day.

Another friend of mine has changed for the worse since going to college. Before, she was always the best person to talk to, my best friend without a doubt. Very open-minded and non-judgmental, and had interests that were different from my own though we still enjoyed each other's tastes. And now she's got herself a truly retarded boyfriend, and she has become the female version of this loser, and has no interests or goals of her own anymore. She likes everything that he likes, and she changed her major to his, and it's all really frightening and I absolutely hate talking to her now, it makes me ill.

Those are really the only two that matter because in the past they were better friends to me than anyone else. The others aren't that great anymore either, but they still irritate me less than these two.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 03:24 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hmm, preach on, old chap.

though i'm pretty much the most popular person in my town (no kidding and no ego attached to that statement), i hate it, and i hate that everywhere i go people recognize me and say hey to me. i just have... i am just so different from everyone. i just stand out, i guess. it's the red hair.

but yeah i have like 2 close friends now...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 03:50 AM   #7
sarramkrop

[quote=luxinterior

And now she's got herself a truly retarded boyfriend, and she has become the female version of this loser, and has no interests or goals of her own anymore. She likes everything that he likes, and she changed her major to his, and it's all really frightening and I absolutely hate talking to her now, it makes me ill.

quote]

That's exactly what puts me off relationships. People who abandon their own personality in favour of that of their partner. In saying that, it's probaly also true that perhaps they didn't have one to start with.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 04:45 AM   #8
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I don't like my friends either, but not really for the reasons you've listed. The bad part is that I have no desire to make new ones because it always turns out the same way.

One of my pet peeves is when I hear people say that they are bored, and this is what my friends do constantly every time we're together, which thankfully isn't often anymore, though that may change this summer. They complain about being back in Washington when they could be having more fun on their school campus. They're always slagging me off for some reason or another...it's childish. I think maybe that's my problem with them in general, is that they can't just grow up, and they're just about the least interesting sort of people to talk to. One friend in particular, I just realized on Sunday when we were together, is very predictable and has nothing to contribute to anything, and the whole time I was with her I just wanted to go home and work on my essays for class the next day.

Another friend of mine has changed for the worse since going to college. Before, she was always the best person to talk to, my best friend without a doubt. Very open-minded and non-judgmental, and had interests that were different from my own though we still enjoyed each other's tastes. And now she's got herself a truly retarded boyfriend, and she has become the female version of this loser, and has no interests or goals of her own anymore. She likes everything that he likes, and she changed her major to his, and it's all really frightening and I absolutely hate talking to her now, it makes me ill.

Those are really the only two that matter because in the past they were better friends to me than anyone else. The others aren't that great anymore either, but they still irritate me less than these two.

I don't like most people at all. I find the middle-of-the-roadness of most people irritating. I can't stand ordinary folk. Luckily I have really great friends thats share my sense of humour and always have something fresh to say. Lux its extremely easy to be negative about relationships, but you must remember they are two-sided. People are not perfect you will always find faults as will people find faults in you. The only way to enjoy people's company is to let go. That goes for all kind of relationships romantic or otherwise. My problem is I feel like everytime someone opens their mouth nothing but utter verbalised shit comes out and im constantly biting my tongue.
Old 05.16.2007, 05:54 AM   #9
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
"You got problems you cant solve,
Its enough to make you start to hate your friends.
You go to a show and they stare at your face.
Dont you know?
You hate your friends.
Your face is blushing and your temperatures rising.
Drink yourself silly,
Theres no use disguising that you hate your friends.
Stare at the newspaper, nothing to say.
Theres really no use in me going away.
I think Ill go to the drugstore today.
Maybe that chicks working over there today.
When you got problems you cant solve,
You go to a show and they stare at your face.
Dont you know?
You hate your friends.
When you got problems you cant solve,
You go to a show and they stare at your face and
Dont you know?
You hate your friends.
Your face is blushing and your temperatures rising.
Drink yourself silly,
Theres no use disguising that you hate your friends.
You hate your friends.
You hate your friends.
You hate your friends."
-Evan Dando

I have some really good friends, friends that care about me and want to talk to me and spend time together everyday. I guess i am very lucky in that respect, that i have about 10 very close friends. But i am a nice person, so i attract nice people. So i think you kinda get what you give, i invest time and money in my friendships and i get that back.
Oh and my friends all have crap jobs at supermarkets etc, but they never complain about it. And they all smoke roll ups as they are cheaper.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 07:24 AM   #10
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
I have some really good friends, friends that care about me and want to talk to me and spend time together everyday. I guess i am very lucky in that respect, that i have about 10 very close friends. But i am a nice person, so i attract nice people. So i think you kinda get what you give, i invest time and money in my friendships and i get that back.
Oh and my friends all have crap jobs at supermarkets etc, but they never complain about it. And they all smoke roll ups as they are cheaper.

Its true you have to invest time with people. It takes awhile for people to open up and be intresting. If you shut people off after they only speak to you once or twice you never get to know them. I have some very close friends nowadays that are just awesome and will go out of there way to help you. Life is a lot better when you have that. I do enjoy by own company aswell but thats probebly because I get just the right amount of it. My life is probebly better than its ever been nowadays.

My friends smoke rollies too. I do occasional (I dont smoke, just keep tobbaco there for if I feel like one when im drunk, stressed, or need to make a 'special' cigerette). Rolling your own is better in everyway, its cheaper, tastes better and when you actually have to roll a cigerette you think twice about it and thus resist chain-smoking.
Old 05.16.2007, 07:27 AM   #11
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
^ i agree with most of that, i am very good an being alone, i am an only child so i have been used to my own company for a long time.
Old 05.16.2007, 07:32 AM   #12
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
sometimes they're assholes and and make fun of my cat

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ahe ba eh eaheah ehae ah hae

my friends do that too, but he is yucky, he is fat and has no tail. i'd take the piss out of him too if he wasn't mine.
Old 05.16.2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
theres about 5 people i consider "friends" and id do anything for any single one of them.

sometimes im an asshole and drink all their beer, sometimes they're assholes and and make fun of my cat, sometimes my cats an asshole and whines for an hour and a half waking everybody up cause he needs to go outside.

but when its all said and done...they can have my freaking beer, my cats an asshole (not to mention hilarious) and deserves to be called a bastard sometimes, and who cares anyways...least my cats cool enough to shit outside.

we love eachother.

Haha one of the best posts i've read in a long time!

Yeah im an only child and spent most of my younger life on my own observing life and figuring everyone out. Its why I have a good understanding of the thoughts that are going through peoples head most of the time. My friends find it incredable. Being left alone from about 11-15 is great for character. I kinda observed life before I decided to live it.
Old 05.16.2007, 07:40 AM   #14
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
They are all just sooooo. . . eh. Uncultured heathens I say. Unrespectful lazy mongrels.
Sadly enough I know exactly what you mean.
But it's probably my own fault, I'm a difficult person to be around.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:19 AM   #15
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i love my chums, when they are pissing me off i just say... "Lads, yr fuckin pissin me off now, sort it the fuck out" and then they usually do.. some of em need a little more persuasion than others but they sort themselves out anyways.. see i have adapted a "no nonsense" approach with my buddies in where i say what i think and dont hold back, its got me some good results so far cuz i think half of em are just plain afraid of me (well thats what i like to think anyways!)

love me ould posse though and even with all my giving out, they know i do.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:58 AM   #16
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I don't like most people at all. I find the middle-of-the-roadness of most people irritating. I can't stand ordinary folk. Luckily I have really great friends thats share my sense of humour and always have something fresh to say. Lux its extremely easy to be negative about relationships, but you must remember they are two-sided. People are not perfect you will always find faults as will people find faults in you. The only way to enjoy people's company is to let go. That goes for all kind of relationships romantic or otherwise. My problem is I feel like everytime someone opens their mouth nothing but utter verbalised shit comes out and im constantly biting my tongue.

I don't expect my friends to be perfect. I expect them to be at least tolerable, generally speaking, and they are not.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 05.16.2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I used to have lots of friends, but I decided they weren't as good as me so I stopped talking to them. We jammed and partied every week in the basements, but we never defined a music style becuase we all liked different genres. Then one of them got a girlfriend, and has been her pet since. He started spending all his time and money on her and didn't care less about not seeing me, so I stopped talking to him. As for the others, well, I quit the whole "emo" thing and we haven't really talked since.
Old 05.16.2007, 11:23 AM   #18
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
My friends live in different parts of town, and it is a hassle to go back and forth to pick everyone up to hang out. But all my high school friends used to annoy me, so I hardly talk to them. It is just life, that is telling you to grow up, and need to know how to act, that is all.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 11:56 AM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i think that girl is just the typical example of being in love and young and yes with some weak personality. however, when a person still interests you as a friend, you can attempt having an open conversation of what is bothering you. more correctly, you feel the need to do that. its tougher since a boy is involved and she might not been seeing clearly, it can also result to completly ruinging the friendship, but since its not of high quality anymore, why not give it a shot.

now that's the best advice i've read so far. but i should continue reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I don't expect my friends to be perfect. I expect them to be at least tolerable, generally speaking, and they are not.

you need new friends. or as nefeli wisely adviced, discuss it with your former best friend-- you have nothing to lose, after all, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
My friends live in different parts of town, and it is a hassle to go back and forth to pick everyone up to hang out. But all my high school friends used to annoy me, so I hardly talk to them. It is just life, that is telling you to grow up, and need to know how to act, that is all.

it's called growing up. as you become more of an individual, you realized that you can no longer match the expectations of the herd. well, not herd. but as a teenager it's easy to make friends-- you can be friends with practically anybody. as you develop and define your own personality, you realize it's harder to match. that's why people gravitate towards their relationships in young adulthood and relate less to their groups of friends-- it's the natural impuse to mate after all. happens to everybody.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 12:31 PM   #20
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you need new friends. or as nefeli wisely adviced, discuss it with your former best friend-- you have nothing to lose, after all, no?

I have already, she accused me of being jealous, which is such a cop-out.

- Sebastian Bach

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth