PC 25 50.00%
Mac 19 38.00%
Neither 5 10.00%
1 or 2, but I'd like to qualify my choice cuz I'm a douche 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05.23.2006, 05:44 PM   #41
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
pc's look like they were just cobbled together

My PC was cobbled together. It's just a big metal box with wires hanging out of it.

What about those guys who customize their PC cases? Sure, it's really fucking nerdy, but they create some cool PCs, I guess:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra...49247.jpg?5976

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra..._48983.jpg?193

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra...48706.jpg?7448

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra...44545.jpg?2147

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra...46652.jpg?5319
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 05:45 PM   #42
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra..._45594.jpg?493

Holy shit. A lego PC.

This guy built a PC into his girlfriend's desk:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra...43992.jpg?5182

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/picture_libra...43993.jpg?4768
Old 05.23.2006, 05:45 PM   #43
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
Oh ads. Give me a fukin break. This does not state anything about you opinion on which you prefer. I use an iMac. I dont have any virus/spyware problems while my old PC got something every once in a while, and i dont download shit. Macs are just better machines. And touching on the software "problem." Any higher software have mac models or will have. I have had this iMac for 4 months now and not once has it froze up, and while brand new IBM comps in my school freeze all the time, and these are even newer. You know what they say, if you prefer PC, it because you dont know how to use a mac, dont have the money, or are cheap.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 06:00 PM   #44
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
yeah PCs could be more funny cause you can build them as you want and change them buying a piece here and there but they arent so reliable as a Mac then. You could install a Linux os and hardware will works better but then it's not so easy to use for a green. Then you cant blame it cause it's working good for real!
Old 05.23.2006, 06:21 PM   #45
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well, thats a bit of a cliche. you can't compare "any mac" to "any pc"-- like a $2K mac vs. an old $500 compaq-- that's just an unfair comparison, as if i was trying to compare my newly built video editing workstation with an old g3. you have to go maybe on a dollar-by-dollar comparison and see where you get most for your money. when you compare top of the line PCs with top of the line Macs the differences are not so obvious-- you can do anything you want in a good pc just like you can do on a mac. the thing is there are no "cheap" macs to compare to cheap PCs, and in that case the macs will win. but take that headless imac (do they still make it) & compare to what you get for $500 in the pc world. both are crap for sure but w/ the pc at least you get a mouse

i wasn't just comparing "any mac" to "any pc". i was comparing my old $1,000 compaq to my new $1,200 ibook. if i spend $1,000 on a machine, i don't expect it to crash or freeze up when i hit the "record" button.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 06:38 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh... compaq... i think im gonna puke...

--
almost anything is better than compaq. except for whatever they sell at sears.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 06:43 PM   #47
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i had a dell before the compaq and it was actually WORSE than the compaq! dude...fuck a dell.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 06:54 PM   #48
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
this guy (on the left) was a customer of mine...he designed a novelty computer called the "helmet PC" which is a CPU that fits inside your favorite team's football helmet. It's all legal. His company is a licensed dealer of Riddell football helmets. He told me he plans to build an all-in-one gaming system with gaming chair, all the available different consoles & a PC in it with a menu of all the available games. He says he's gonna put them in luxury hotels.

atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 06:59 PM   #49
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
dells are gay.

and dude fuck hipsters, its about the computer not who uses the computer. I'd say PCs are only good for people who know what they are doing and can fully utilize its power, otherwise it will go awol on you. the typical computer user should probaly stick to the mac which hasnt been happening because of the price. i forsee a big change though, esspecially with the advent of the minimacs.
Old 05.23.2006, 07:00 PM   #50
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh... compaq... i think im gonna puke...

--
almost anything is better than compaq. except for whatever they sell at sears.

so true...they are the worst pc on the market.

the only PC I own is a low-end Dell...the 2400 dimension series...i've got a spiffy memorex burner hooked up to it though...ive got 7 macs, 4 G3s, 2 G4s (i finally got another one, !@#$%!) & an ancient mac power pc server...it's pitiful, but the G4s aren't even on OS X yet; they are still running OS 9-point-whatever.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 07:08 PM   #51
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i have to say i've NEVER had a virus; still i know dunces who put themselves online WITHOUT a firewall and WITHOUT an UPDATED antivirus.

thel lack of viruses for the mac is simply due to their under-3% market share, and it's the same reason why software developers are not flocking apple.

i think the mac os is far superior, being bsd/unix based; unfortunately the dumbfucks at apple have held on to the proprietary standards that turned their company into some kind of hothouse flower in the first place.

whatever-- my first computer was a mac as well. but now i custom-build my own and this gives me not only great satisfaction but also saves me big bucks.

when apple licenses its software and lets me load it in MY custom-built machine i'll sure "switch"!

but as long as they attempt hold me captive to their schemes, they can suck my big dripping kielbasa.
Old 05.23.2006, 07:09 PM   #52
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
aww i miss the old macs.

EDIT - what about when microsoft licenses THEIR software? they are bloated with proprietary standards.
traditionaly OS X has been open source, ive heard rumors of them closing their source which would be sad
Old 05.23.2006, 07:26 PM   #53
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
aww i miss the old macs.

EDIT - what about when microsoft licenses THEIR software? they are bloated with proprietary standards.
traditionaly OS X has been open source, ive heard rumors of them closing their source which would be sad

yo, microsatan doesnt demand i buy THEIR hardware. i can slap the OS onto whatever hardware is made to handle it. intel, amd, via, whoever makes cpus/chipsets, they don't care. that's how they fucked over IBM back in the DOS days. the PC clones took off, MS spread like fire, the rest is (now ancient) history. apple never learned that lesson, or chose consciously to remain a boutique product.
Old 05.23.2006, 07:39 PM   #54
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
dells are gay.

and dude fuck hipsters, its about the computer not who uses the computer. I'd say PCs are only good for people who know what they are doing and can fully utilize its power, otherwise it will go awol on you. the typical computer user should probaly stick to the mac which hasnt been happening because of the price. i forsee a big change though, esspecially with the advent of the minimacs.

golden child is right, PCs are great for people who know stuff about computers, while macs are great for casual computer users.

another great thing about PCs is if you don't want to spend $1,000 on a shitty dell or HP you can build a better one yourself for half the price.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 07:44 PM   #55
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Never was a fan of Mac. I use Linux Fedora Core 4 with WINE, but the compatability is limited in comparison to Windows. Once WINE gets better development, I'll be completely linux. It's open source and has soooo many advantages. You can specify your swap space, Temporary files can be plugged in and used as the file itself (instead of having tmp files) so if you download a song, you can listen to what you've had so far in MP3 format. You can also shut down graphics interference, so if something wrong happens to your interference, it's easier to fix than having to use DOS with the command line.
Old 05.23.2006, 08:06 PM   #56
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
yo, microsatan doesnt demand i buy THEIR hardware. i can slap the OS onto whatever hardware is made to handle it. intel, amd, via, whoever makes cpus/chipsets, they don't care. that's how they fucked over IBM back in the DOS days. the PC clones took off, MS spread like fire, the rest is (now ancient) history. apple never learned that lesson, or chose consciously to remain a boutique product.

true, there is no proprietary hardware, but thats because microsoft doesnt make hardware. they are a software company that licenses its product to the hardware companies so naturally they dont care about your software cause they get the money no matter what. what microsoft DOES do is develop proprietary software that is only available for their operating system.
embrace, extend, extinguish.
those are the ethics microsoft lives by.

software should be free
free as in speech, free as in beer

have any of you acually read the EULA?
Old 05.23.2006, 08:36 PM   #57
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance feeeedback
golden child is right, PCs are great for people who know stuff about computers, while macs are great for casual computer users.

another great thing about PCs is if you don't want to spend $1,000 on a shitty dell or HP you can build a better one yourself for half the price.

and i really should take that back, PCs arent nessicarly good for people who know stuff but if you are gonna be a fool and use PCs you better know what you are doing.
Old 05.23.2006, 08:48 PM   #58
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

It's really not that hard to use a PC.
Old 05.23.2006, 09:07 PM   #59
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

its also not hard to get fucked in the ass by a pc.
Old 05.23.2006, 09:17 PM   #60
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
In the first place computers are complex machines, runnning complex pieces of software, which are basically complex mathematical equations instructing the computer what to do... The only difference between PCs and Macs is the interface which the end-user(read: you) uses to interact with the computer and politely request it to do stuff for you. There is no fundamental difference between PCs and Macs with regards to my first paragraph. Therefore the major difference is how someone interacts with the computer. Last time, when PCs used DOS and the command prompt, the ease of use factor was obviously slanted towards Macs, now that PCs have ripped off the Mac GUI for Windows XP, there isn't much of a difference anymore. Another difference is that, as I mentioned before, Macs are built from the ground up to be things of beauty that are meant to be appreciated and valued, wherehas PCs have none of this sort of consideration, being primarily used in staid, boring offices, where the only creative expression is the boss wearing a polka-dot tie(shock!). And UNIX can be run on both PCs and Macs, and now Macs are using Intel chips. So...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth