Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page your relationship with yo parents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.07.2008, 08:06 PM   #41
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I am pretty much 50% like my mom and 50% like my dad, which makes perfect sense, but is still pretty wild.

mom - My favorite person in the world. She's the hardest worker ever....still gets up at like 4:30 in the morning to get ready to go teach 2nd grade at 62 years old. We get along great even though she is still really protective of my sisters and I and paranoid about everything. I just laugh at her and tell her she's insane....then she laughs and we both take a hit of crack. jk

dad - Really chill guy who is kind of a weird ass loner a bit like myself. He's naturally a pretty quiet person, so we never really had a "tight" relationship. We both are sports freaks....that's always something that we can talk about. We def. bang heads like most sons do and he pisses me the fuck off sometimes because he can be so close minded, but all in all it's not too bad.
Old 04.07.2008, 08:07 PM   #42
touch me i'm sick
expwy. to yr skull

touch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's asses
my parents were divorced since before i was born, so i don't really know what it's like to live with them both at the same time ( iguess that's a good thing).

i live with my mom mostly and have had a sort of difficult relationship with her mostly because are personalities are so simliar. it's also hard living with ehr alone since my older sister went away to school . lately we've been getting along wonderfully which is good.

my dad lives 10 minutes walking away from my mom, so i get to see him whenever i want. i'm so grateful for that. i feel like my relationship with him is stronger in a sense because i only see him 6 days out of a month. i guess we don't have any time to waste on silly nonsense and fighting. i've also known my stepmom since i was born, so she's practically like another mother to me,and i get along with her very well. i also love my two half siblings very much.

i've got it easy
touch me i'm sick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 11:40 PM   #43
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Wow, you're in your twenties and your parents let you do what you want?
Like you can put up that Marilyn Manson poster and they don't make you take it down?

You cunt. I was on my cell, and didnt have more time to post a long reply.

As a teen, my parents always encouraged me to do what I wanted to do. They only cared that I was happy, the only thing that they pushed me for is school. But other than that, they always let me do my own decisions.

MOM= Love her, she is a feminist without declaring herself a feminist. She has been through so much in her life, she is very outspoken and the nicest lady ever. Too nice. But yeah, the thing she always tells my sister is "Don't let any man ever control you. Be yourself." Yeah I love my mom because she is a fighter.

DAD= The most intelligent man I ever met. He doesn't know much English, yet he can't understand anything you tell him in English. He thought me how to read in Spanish, and in English, I owe him the love for reading. He is always giving me advice on any issues I might have. He is a great story-teller as well. Great sense of humor and very calm. Dad also encouraged me to like art, which I appreciate.

They are not your typical Mexican parents at least not closed-minded. Well my whole family is not that typical Mexican family. We are more American than anything, because we are too dysfunctional but we bond so much we each other as well.

To end this I have to say I Love My Parents.
Old 04.08.2008, 03:27 AM   #44
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Mum = good
Father = dead

Correction:

Father = Dead physically and might as well have been dead while alive 'cause we didn't have a relationship of any sort at all. It revolved around superficial talk and nothing else. Technically I grew up without a father figure.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 04:32 AM   #45
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
My parents are fantastic and we get along great.
Old 04.08.2008, 08:29 AM   #46
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
INSANITYY how many people don't get along with their fathers.

i was shocked when it sunk in that some people have dads who are nice guys and do cool or thoughtful things for their kids. the only genuinely good times i had with my dad were when i was a very small child, probably up until the age of about 4 or 5
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 08:33 AM   #47
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i was shocked when it sunk in that some people have dads who are nice guys and do cool or thoughtful things for their kids. the only genuinely good times i had with my dad were when i was a very small child, probably up until the age of about 4 or 5

My dad, upon meeting my bandmates in an old band of mine, said something along the lines of "great set; I'm a psychedelic voyager from way back!"
That went down pretty well with my bandmates. The only other "band dad" that came to see that band said "Sorry I didn't stay for the whole set, but I just can't listen to that shit, ya know?"
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 08:41 AM   #48
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
my relationship with my father is very strange, even more so now as his life may very well depend on me.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 08:43 AM   #49
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the other day my sister was at my dad's house and she asked if it was alright if she stayed at his place sometimes because it is convenient for her work, and he said ok, but only on certain nights, and then she told him there was a TV program she wanted to watch at 10 and if that was ok and he said in response (and in all seriousness) maybe it's not a good idea for her to stay at his place. so on the one hand it's not like he's an abusive (anymore) or a drunk or anything, but on the other hand, he's just a twat. anyway, for a long time i accepted that sort of behaviour as the way fathers are to their children.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 08:50 AM   #50
sarramkrop

If it was for my father I might have as well been dumped into a bin, that's how much he cared about his kids. The worst thing is that he behaved in a civilised way towards us only because he wanted to get us off his back, things like ''Here, take some money, buy yourself an ice cream, but stay away from me''. Good thing that before he died it seemed like he suddenly realized that the only reason his sons and daughters talked to him sometimes was because we get along fine with our mum. None of us ever cared about him at all. Good riddance of some serious cunt.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 10:11 AM   #51
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Since my mom passed away (almost exactly 2 years from now), my relationship with my dad has got way better than it had been before this painful loss. Before that he used to get on my nerves a lot and since I'm a pretty explosive type of person, we used to fight a lot. Too bad that it was the death of my mother that made me realize how dreadfully much they both mean for me, so I completely changed the way I see my father now. I love him to death, for fuck's sake, and I'm really worried about him (he's an older person, turning 64 this year, and not in perfect condition health-wise). Hell, I'd die if something happened to him, for real.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 10:27 AM   #52
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
my father decided to talk to us again after we sued for childs support. then we visted him for 3 years then he hung up on me one day and we never spoke again. he also stopped paying childs support.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:02 AM   #53
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
My mother is a difficult person and has strange views on certain things sometimes. Her depressions don't make things easier but i try help her as much as i can. Most of the time we get along fine, though.

I never had a very good relationship with my father who died last december.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:08 AM   #54
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
My dad, upon meeting my bandmates in an old band of mine, said something along the lines of "great set; I'm a psychedelic voyager from way back!"
That went down pretty well with my bandmates. The only other "band dad" that came to see that band said "Sorry I didn't stay for the whole set, but I just can't listen to that shit, ya know?"

ha, my mom never comes to my shows, she doesn't like to go to gigs. my former ladyfriend used to tell me that i was a cunt for not inviting her, she never believed me that she didn't want to go.

that said, although my mom seriously doesn't like harsh noise at all (and i mean it literally, i have played her incapacitants and merzbow and stuff, she knows what harsh noise is, but she just doesn't like it), she always listens to my recordings and tells me if it's sounding good or not.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:16 AM   #55
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
My mom is obviously the most important person of my life, being the one who brought me up and took care of me. I've never met my father and I know nothing about this person... never asked about him either, it's hard to miss something you've never had.

I've come to an conclusion that I wasn't very planned child. haha.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:55 AM   #56
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
that said, although my mom seriously doesn't like harsh noise at all (and i mean it literally, i have played her incapacitants and merzbow and stuff, she knows what harsh noise is, but she just doesn't like it), she always listens to my recordings and tells me if it's sounding good or not.

My Mum's a bit like that. She's entirely unpredictable, insofar as she'll sometimes quite enjoy some Xenakis, Drumm, Merzbow [etc] but she absolutely hated Pavement and the White Stripes when I played them to her. Not that I like either of those (at all), but you'd think she'd prefer that. She seems to quite enjoy my music as well. I once made her a tape of me doing my Fahey-acoustic impression, she still listens to it in the car, which is more flattering than anything else I've done musically.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 08:06 PM   #57
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ha ha ha, that is so great!!
Old 04.08.2008, 08:15 PM   #58
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
ahaha clone your dad sounds like he would be very amusing

a lot of people i know don't have good relationships with their father. my parents never married and i almost never saw my dad as a kid. not even on holidays. as i've gotten older and put the effort in to establish some sort of relationship with him i realize why my mum doesn't want anything to do with him.
Old 04.08.2008, 08:40 PM   #59
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I get along with both of them fine, but am glad I moved to a different state. Lately my mom's been very helpful with the baby, though obsessive, and my dad has hardly seemed to notice he's a grandfather now. Of course I'd prefer the happy medium that doesn't exist.

I show my art and music to my dad and he's mostly polite about it even though it's far from his thing. I don't show any of it to my mom because she would 1) be bothered by it almost no matter what and 2) probably say something rude and/or discouraging. Oddly though, if I have a real problem in life, she's the one I would more likely turn to.

My relationship with them both is quite different from many people I know, because they stayed married until I turned 30 and then got divorced and started new lives. I actually got divorced 2 years before they did, which was really odd. I think they basically waited until I finally got a college degree to split up as I was the whole reason they ever stayed together to begin with.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 08:43 PM   #60
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
my mom used to let me listen to black flag and minor threat and stuff when she used to drive me places when i was like 13 or 14. she still sings some minor threat from time to time.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth