Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page whats the wierdest food youve ever eaten?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2006, 11:18 AM   #61
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
octopus tentacles. They were extremely chewy.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 11:31 AM   #62
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
About 20 years ago, in the middle of this beer party my wife and I were throwing for a few select friends, one of my best friends, quite drunk as were we, decided he wanted me to show him how I cooked these special burgers I'd been bragging about. So I threw together our recipe and we all headed off to the park to grill them. This was at midnight and the park's lights were all out. We managed to get the grill going and I did my grilling magic. My friend ate one, two hamburgers, so did we, and he exclaimed they were the best damn burgers he'd ever had. We had a few left over, so he took them home with him.

Next afternoon, I got a call from my hungover friend. "Yeah, Gary, you know those burgers you made for us. I took one out for lunch. They're raw!"
Old 09.26.2006, 12:45 PM   #63
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i have eaten plenty of mammals reptiles fish and seafood in many forms of preparation, but i don't consider them "weird"

the title would be reserved for maggots, maggots that live in the rotting trunks of the aguaje palm in the amazon. they are served deep-fried and they are delicious.

however, the weirdest thing i've eaten is a mixture of industrially processed ingredients, steeped in pesticides and antibiotics and preservatives, frozen, reheated, covered with chemichal sludge, and packaged in landfill growth factor, a thing which is popularly known as the big mac. what shit and how weird and how even weirder the people that actually like to eat it, i swear.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2007, 09:00 PM   #64
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
About 20 years ago, in the middle of this beer party my wife and I were throwing for a few select friends, one of my best friends, quite drunk as were we, decided he wanted me to show him how I cooked these special burgers I'd been bragging about. So I threw together our recipe and we all headed off to the park to grill them. This was at midnight and the park's lights were all out. We managed to get the grill going and I did my grilling magic. My friend ate one, two hamburgers, so did we, and he exclaimed they were the best damn burgers he'd ever had. We had a few left over, so he took them home with him.

Next afternoon, I got a call from my hungover friend. "Yeah, Gary, you know those burgers you made for us. I took one out for lunch. They're raw!"
hahahaha. Awesome story
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2007, 09:04 PM   #65
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
i was bored and i starded making something. i put in a bunch oh shit in a glass and drank it. i put in ketchup,lemons,pills.....

hah, i did that at lunch once with my male friends. it was french dressing (there was more this than anything else), gatorade, lettuce, carrots, some ketchup.. it was disgusting. i chugged it.

burger king's fries are pretty weird.
Old 01.10.2007, 09:24 PM   #66
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't eaten many weird foods, so I'll tell a different consumption story.

My friends and I were jamming and we wanted to do a refused song with the heavy screaming and all. So I heard that the guy who plays Gollum in Lord of the Rings used raw eggs to lubricate his throat. That and lemon juice.
...it was awful.
Old 01.10.2007, 09:47 PM   #67
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
For me, gator. Didn't hate it, didn't like it really either. Kind of halfway between fish and pork.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2007, 10:03 PM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well, last weekend i had 2 wonderful awful things at the chinese restaurant

a) jellyfish

b) duck blood with pork skins

both kind of bland, but what qualifies as weird is jellyfish-- why? i've been stung plenty by those motherfuckers. i expected they would do the same to my intestines. however, thanks to some mysterious chinese magic, they were prefectly edible, and had a fresh oceanic taste.

i'll stick to the roast pork next time, however-- fucking SUBLIME
Old 01.14.2007, 10:37 PM   #69
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
This is a good old thread!

Do any of you watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel Channel?

The scene where he is in Quebec eating a seal, raw, with the Inuit family horribly disgusting.

Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2007, 10:46 PM   #70
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
This is a good old thread!

Do any of you watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel Channel?

The scene where he is in Quebec eating a seal, raw, with the Inuit family horribly disgusting.

i dont do tv much, but what's so horrid about raw seal?
(ive eaten seal ias musciame, formerly it was made with dolphin, it's this delicious italian.. thing... salt-cured/dry/raw sorta... oh yum... seal is the substitute). guilty pleasures... oh, don't ask!
Old 01.14.2007, 10:55 PM   #71
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
So like i went to Bali and they had these weird things, made of something called Pota-toes or something, and what they do is slice them into long thing rectangles and put them in his liquid that is really hot and turns them to a golden sort of colour

Then they have this stuff, its going to sound gross...but its red, bright red like blood, and they put that next to these cooked pota-toes and u dip the pota-toes in it...its soo good.
Old 01.14.2007, 10:58 PM   #72
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i dont do tv much, but what's so horrid about raw seal?
(ive eaten seal ias musciame, formerly it was made with dolphin, it's this delicious italian.. thing... salt-cured/dry/raw sorta... oh yum... seal is the substitute). guilty pleasures... oh, don't ask!

Nothing at all! However, when it is freshly caught, and cut open for the whole family to enjoy in a bloody mess, it is horrid!

Here is another snap shot from the show.

Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2007, 11:14 PM   #73
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Nothing at all! However, when it is freshly caught, and cut open for the whole family to enjoy in a bloody mess, it is horrid!

Here is another snap shot from the show.

fucking a! it must be filled with greasy goodness. at polar temperatures im sure it's quite rewarding.
Old 01.15.2007, 04:21 AM   #74
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I once tried whale meat in Brazil. Horrible! It looks like an ordinary T-bone steak, but it smells and tastes like fish.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 06:04 AM   #75
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i suppose black pudding which i loved when i was a kid. pretty gross.

also i must have eaten dirt and mud and sand and things when i was a kid so that was pretty weird.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 07:19 AM   #76
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i ate Heather Mills leg (the actual one that works)
tasted like Chicken
Old 01.15.2007, 09:26 AM   #77
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, now I remember what I ate.

My uncle's from Lebanon and he knows tonnes of good recipes, and he prepared raw lamb. It was absolutely delicious. You eat it, and then have to take a shot of heavy alcohol (I took scotch) to be able to burn it so you don't poison yourself.
Old 01.15.2007, 10:44 AM   #78
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ive eaten wasabi- its ok....

seaweed, kelp done with a celariac and parsnip mash. mmmmmmmmm

nettle soup.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

nettles in salads

fried cockroaches and some kinda beetle..... nice but more like nibbles than food

not reall unusual but wiotrth a mention as regarding fish

swordfish, shark, all great on a barbeque
love shellfish, cockles, mussels, whelks, oysters (to a lesser extent), but i cant eat em as i developed an allergic reaction to em about 5 years ago and now i cant even have prawns or crab..... gutted!

pigsfeet... real nice if you can get overthe fact that you are eating pigs feet!!!
Old 01.15.2007, 10:46 AM   #79
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ive had snake and kangaroo
ostrich and pidgeon...

i would highly recommend then to anyone if they appear on a menu!!!
Old 01.15.2007, 10:59 AM   #80
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i haven't really eaten any weird meats or foods, being a vegetarian..

i once ate soap though, i was five years old and had been watching snow white. then i decided it'd be fun to blow bubbles out of my mouth and ears like the dwarf did. bad idea.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth