Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Post the strangest bit of conversation you ever had vol 0.0023
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.28.2007, 07:47 AM   #1
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Hi there. Today I stored the pictures of my trip to sweden, and it brought back many good memories of those days.
One night I was talking to a bunch of "goth" guys outside a bar and we started talking about crimes/ prison , and one of those guys said :

GG: " I've actually been in prison for a few days..."
Me : "What for?"
GG : " D & D"
Me : " Drink & drive?"
GG : "No, Dungeons & Dragons... I chopped 2 fingers off this guy's left hand while live roleplaying."
Me : "Oh, I see............................................"

GG= goth guy
Me= me
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 08:06 AM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
On the bus a few weeks ago:

Ex con with half a hand missing: ''Most people look at my hand and are not impressed by what they see''.

Me: ''Hmmm....erm...hmm..erm..''

Ex con with half a hand missing: '' Would you like to get off the bus and smoke a cigarette?''

Me: ''I'm sorry but my stop is further up the road so it wouldn't be convenient getting off the bus here''.

Ex con with half a hand missing:''Ok,no problem.My stop is further up the road too.''

I'm about to get off when the bus reaches my stop .We shake hands and he goes: ''Nice meeting you
and thanks for chatting to me'' to which i replied:''Nice meeting you too'' and made my way home.

It's only the last fragment of the whole conversation as we spent most of the journey talking to each other.

It's not the oddest chat that i've had with someone either but the last bit about getting off the bus to smoke a fag perplexed me as it was neither of us's stop.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 08:22 AM   #3
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Ex con with half a hand missing

Perhaps he went roleplaying in sweden...
Trains and buses are bottomless vaults of strange situations and conversations, indeed. Now I can't get out of my mind the image of Frankenstein Junior's General (or whatever he was)...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 08:28 AM   #4
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
On a train stop in Birkenhead, Wirral waiting for a train to New Brighton:

Homeless person: "I like your hairy legs"

Me: "Thanks mate"

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 09:33 AM   #5
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
on a bus to the city, there were some goth guys talking, they seemed to have an argument but i wasn't really paying attention. suddenly one turns around to me:

goth: do you know what color radishes actually have?
me: ehm some kind of magenta i guess.
goth: what's magenta?
me: something between red and pink. but there are different kinds of course. you have white radishes too.
goth: yeah and some are more red or more pink. i didn't know about the white radishes. thanks!

it still makes me chuckle

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 11:44 AM   #6
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Me : " Drink & drive?"
GG : "No, Dungeons & Dragons... I chopped 2 fingers off this guy's left hand while live roleplaying."

HAHAHAHAHA!!

RLRP (real life role playing) makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

as a geek who is hopelessly addicted to World of Warcraft, I never cease to be amused by people who feel the need to take things further.

I PUT ON MY ROBE AND MY WIZARD HAT!!

my strangest conversation was with a demon-possesed heroin junkie who had just finished shooting up 5 year old morphine into her arms. her dirty feet and the giant purple goose-eggs the morphine left weren't even the most shocking thing about her.

Angie: "Gibby is the biggest queen I've ever met"

me: "not so shocking"

Angie: "I'm gross, I like to do gross things"
me: "oh....really?"

Angie: "last month I was in chicago with Trent Reznor and we had a murder party. someone called the cops and we told them that it was a video shoot but we were really performing a black magic ritual"

me: "oh....really?"

she then went on and on for hours about how Alan Jorgenson (from Ministry) was a lot older than anyone knew and that he hid his true age with black magic.

by the end of it all, I ran out of my apartment and left her there. I was convinced she was sent by the devil.

this would have been really easy to write off as the drugs talking if she didn't really know all those people (she was the girlfriend of Mike Scacia who played (still plays?) for Ministry).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 01:13 PM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
On a train stop in Birkenhead, Wirral waiting for a train to New Brighton:

Homeless person: "I like your hairy legs"

Me: "Thanks mate"

Ha!

What were you doing in Birkenhead, of all places?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 04:38 PM   #8
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
A while back, I was walking to a friends house, and some woman wearing torn clothing walked up to me in a hysterical state. She was crying and shaking, telling me that her husband had taken both her two kids away from her, and was on his way to the airport. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it, but she kept crying and begging me to help her. I called the police station and expained the situation. The receptionist interrupted by telling me not to take notice, because the lady I was phoning about, had been responsible for countless calls to the 112 emergency line every day...

I let go of her hand, and hurried off feeling like a twat.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 04:50 PM   #9
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
The other day, I walked over to a friends, and while on the way a harmless looking, elderly lady stood on the curb with a shovel. Not odd considering it had just snowed. As I passed her I politely smiled, and said 'hi'. Before I even finished saying 'hi', she then grabbed the shovel, and swung back and started hitting a bag of dry ice.

(whack, whack!!)

Lady: DON'T TOUCH IT!! IT'S DRY ICE!!

(whack!)

Me: oh...but I wasn't go--

(whack!)

Lady: IT'S DRY ICE!!

Me: I know, I was ju--

(whack!)

Lady: IT WILL BURN YOUR HAND OFF!

(whack!! whack!)

It was so strange, and unexpected.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 04:58 PM   #10
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
On the bus a few weeks ago:

Ex con with half a hand missing: ''Most people look at my hand and are not impressed by what they see''.

Me: ''Hmmm....erm...hmm..erm..''

Ex con with half a hand missing: '' Would you like to get off the bus and smoke a cigarette?''

Me: ''I'm sorry but my stop is further up the road so it wouldn't be convenient getting off the bus here''.

Ex con with half a hand missing:''Ok,no problem.My stop is further up the road too.''

I'm about to get off when the bus reaches my stop .We shake hands and he goes: ''Nice meeting you
and thanks for chatting to me'' to which i replied:''Nice meeting you too'' and made my way home.

It's only the last fragment of the whole conversation as we spent most of the journey talking to each other.

It's not the oddest chat that i've had with someone either but the last bit about getting off the bus to smoke a fag perplexed me as it was neither of us's stop.

speaking of weird shit on the bus...

the other day an older guy got on the bus who clearly was a little odd & was FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. if that wasn't bad enough he walked to the back of the bus and his pants fell down and it took him about a minute to pull them back up. yucky.

p.s.- 500th post....awwwwww yeah babay

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 06:34 PM   #11
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Shop Assistant: Your [3 year old] daughter is lovely.
Me: Thanks.
Shop Assistant: If she was 20 years older...

I was a bit in shock for a while after. I was thinking: did he really just say that.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 06:57 PM   #12
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Shop Assistant: Your [3 year old] daughter is lovely.
Me: Thanks.
Shop Assistant: If she was 20 years older...

I was a bit in shock for a while after. I was thinking: did he really just say that.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Old 02.28.2007, 07:12 PM   #13
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I've had some wierd conversations, man.
HBO x 1,000
but the other day I was walking to the library and this old guy on the street started follwoing me and talked about Jesus for about 20 minutes.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 07:16 PM   #14
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

A few months ago I was waiting at the bus stop at about 6:30 in the morning (it was still dark) and this lady stopped her car, got out, gave me a Jehovah's Witness "magazine", and proceeded to tell me all about it. She also told me that geckos can stick to any surface except teflon.

Old 02.28.2007, 07:41 PM   #15
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
scene = bus stop

homeless man: do you have any change?

me: sorry...

homeless man: can i do something to you?

me: huh?

homeless man: (touches forefinger to tongue, then places forefinger on my forehead while making a sizziling sound) tsssss

that's not the strangest, just the most recent. i tend to attract crazy people.
Old 03.01.2007, 04:07 AM   #16
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Ha!

What were you doing in Birkenhead, of all places?

Living in New Brighton for 3 months, working in a shitty factory in Flint and occasionally going to Liverpool via Birkenhead to do some shopping.

Birkenhead is a shithole, but shhhhh, Hip Priest lives there

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2007, 04:10 AM   #17
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Luckily, I have one of them recorded on audio, under the influence of Ambien. Not gonna post it though.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 06:17 PM   #18
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
A phone call in work, a couple of years ago:

Me: Hello, Community Shop.
Woman: Oh hi, I wanted to drop some stuff off, is that OK?
Me; YEs, of course. Thank you.
Woman: Oh good. We used to come quite regularly, do you remember us?
Me: No.
Woman: I'm usually with my husband; are you sure you don't remember?
Me: No, I don't, sorry
Woman: The last time we visited was about four years ago.
Me: Oh, I've only been here for a couple of years, so I wouldn't have seen you.
Woman: Right, we wouldn't have met then.
Me: No. I'll see you later then.
Woman: Right, bye..............................the last time we were there we bought some records...do you remember us now?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 06:20 PM   #19
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Haha. People are so strange.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 06:21 PM   #20
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Oh god. I'm on a bus, and this evident junky sits next to me.

Me: (coughing?)
Him: You alright, mate?
Me: Yeah, just got a cough, that's all
Him: I can give you something for that (knowing stare)
Me: (thinking: 'arrgghh!) Uh, no thanks.

He started nodding off near me later on. What a pleasant journey that was.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth