Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page France releases ALL U.F.O. footage and paperwork!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.23.2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
French get a look at nation's UFO files
Gov't releases 100,000 pages of testimony, photographs and film footage
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17753893/

http://www.cnes.fr/ they mentioned that the french website had mass overload of hits when they released the info. i tried and the page is down. sucks! try later!
Old 03.23.2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

http://www.cnes.fr/ they mentioned that the french website had mass overload of hits when they released the info. i tried and the page is down. sucks! try later!

That's fucking brilliant I hope more countries will follow suit and quit acting like some lil scared ass bitches. Server is still down.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 11:12 AM   #3
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I've got an English version of that report on my laptop somewhere. It's interesting reading and all - but it comes largely to witness statements and debatable physical evidence, like scorch marks and depressions in the ground.

They haven't found a dead aliens body or a mashed up UFO on Mount Blanc or anything at all like that.

I'm pretty much from the Sagan camp of "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". I believe there's life elsewhere in the universe, but I don't think there's nearly enough proof, in this report or elsewhere at this point, to firmly say that aliens are chilling out on earth.

Over the last year or so I've really tried to look at the evidence, and there are tantalising eyewitness reports from people that appear sane and rational. But I also know people are prone to being deeply fucked up, irrational, or just plain shit stirrers.

Everyone should know that a strange light in the sky isn't necessarily a UFO. Yet people consistently mistake venus for a flying saucer. People mistook a rocket burning up in the atmosphere for a UFO, they even said it had windows and the aliens were looking out.... that kind of leap scares me and it's things like that, which make me highly dubious of all eyewitness reports.

But, I do think the subject is worth looking into with an open and honest scientific study. If at the end of it, they find the evidence is still sorely lacking, then there's a good job for psychiatrists in trying to explain why certain people insist we're being "visited."
Old 03.23.2007, 11:24 AM   #4
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
a cool site for aliens and conspiracys is
www.abovetopsecret.com
Old 03.23.2007, 11:27 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimissyou
I'm pretty much from the Sagan camp of "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". I believe there's life elsewhere in the universe, but I don't think there's nearly enough proof, in this report or elsewhere at this point, to firmly say that aliens are chilling out on earth.

well put.

humans have always been egocentric. we want to believe that someone/something would even bother coming from halfway across the universe to visit us.

I think the Nazca Lines of Peru offer more reasonable evidence for visitation than anything I've see or heard in the last 30 years.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 11:31 AM   #6
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
did you catch my post on the size of other stars and shit in this universe. Its so amazing, and it got me thinking, correct me if im wrong....but if there is suns a zillion times bigger than our suns and so on..does that mean there could be planets a zillion times smaller than us with life on it?
Old 03.23.2007, 11:37 AM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure about a zillion times bigger but lots of stars have more mass than our sun does. we've got a medium-small yellow.....which is good news if yr worried about core collapse at some point.

thanks to the redefinition of "planet", I'm not sure that a body much smaller than Mercury would qualify as one any longer.

I firmly believe that life is like a virus and spreads from "planet" to "planet" via ejection material. adaptation depends on the environment, and I'm sure that SOMEWHERE there is a colony of super-small Astral-Sea Monkies plotting universal domination.

that being said....I think there's still a very good chance that life exists in the polar caps of Mars. there's also a decent chance that there is something under the ice of Europa (points to avatar). granted...."life" doesn't mean that it's likely more than single-cell organisms.
Old 03.23.2007, 11:45 AM   #8
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
did you catch my post on the size of other stars and shit in this universe. Its so amazing, and it got me thinking, correct me if im wrong....but if there is suns a zillion times bigger than our suns and so on..does that mean there could be planets a zillion times smaller than us with life on it?

Giant stars have short lives from what I understand. This means their planets have a short time to form and develop any sort of atmosphere worth talking about. That's not even discussing the posibility of life.

So I don't think they'd be ideal candidates.

Tiny stars, dead stars, dwarfs.. whatever they're called. I don't know much about their planetary systems, but I'm guessing the lack of light & the fact that any close planet probably got fried before the star shrunk (stars like our sun grow massively before they die) wouldn't help life either.

The Alpha Centauri system is a really interesting place, at least one of the Stars is much like our own and it's relatively close by - a few light years. If there are planets in orbit, there could be one like ours.

But the big variable is, we only know about evolution on one planet, our own. It's possible that life could evolve which is extremely different from us in every way. I'd love to think that life, any kind, be it microbe or plant will be discovered off earth in my lifetime. Europa, the high latitudes of mars and Titan have to be studied in even greater depth than they have been already.

Personally I think one of the most interesting discoveries made since we went into space was on one of the Apollo missions. They took back an instrument from a robotic lander that got there before them. When the instrument was analysed, they discovered traces of bacteria/virus (some flu variant I think). It got in before the lander was launched when somebody sneezed.

Turns out the organism was able to adapt quickly, and went into a kind of slumber while on the surface of the moon. If a lifeform from this planet is able to adapt so quickly to such an alien world, it says much for the possibility of life throughout the universe. In my opinion anyway.

Sorry for going on at length, I'm a bit of a space dork. The cosmos just fascinates me to a rediculous degree. I enjoy thinking about it... daydreaming.
Old 03.23.2007, 11:48 AM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the attribution of ancient people's artistic achievements to "aliens" is an insult to their capabilities and intelligence. The Nazca lines of peru and the piramids of ancient egypt are always taken to be too great for their creators to have made. That is prejudice.

the nazca lines are visible from tethered hot air balloons. There is evidence that the culture that made them had knowledge of primitive ballooning.

I personally think that it is far more likely that we are being visited by humans from the far future than from an alien life from some other planet.

The era of radio/energy communication in the Earth is under 100 years old. That means that, at optimum conditions, any "signals" that we have sent out that may be intercepted by some alien life, woudl have only travelled about 100 light years in all directions. That is not very far considering estimates of over 150 thousand light years as the diameter of our galaxy.

One thing. The "brightest" object in our solar system is not the sun, but the earth. the earth shines forth in every possible energy spectrum much brighter than the sun, due to our television, radar, radio, microwave sattelite, etc etc etc. If a pasing ship were to train a radio telescope at our solar system they would see what looked like two stars.
This has been suggested a sa way for us to find intelligent life, if we can find extra solar planets that shine as bright as earth does, then we would KNOW that there must be intelligent life creating such a massive energy release.
Old 03.23.2007, 11:49 AM   #10
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

well the idea came from the video i posted in HUGE BALLS thread.
It is said that earth is invisible when your looking at the size of VVceiphe(sp?)
so it got me thinking..what if we are a huge planet compared to this tiny weeny planet..but it isnt really tiny weeny..we are just huge..
I dont know the deep science of how it all works..so forgive me if i come off as an idiot
Old 03.23.2007, 11:53 AM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

well, alien anal, isaac asimov once stated that, since the earth has at least a 4.5 BILLION year hiostory, that the odds that we were visited by alien life in the 4.5 billion years before humanity came around (we have been aroundsomewhere between 1 million and 500 thousand years) are astronomically larger than to have been visited in the past 200 years.\

also, he stated there is no way to know that aliens are not crawling all ove rus at any second, because they could just as easily be microscopic to us, or macroscopic, too large for us to notice they are aliens.
Old 03.23.2007, 11:55 AM   #12
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

neato. watch this if you havnt already. It svery impressive

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...66981713172831
Old 03.23.2007, 11:56 AM   #13
ithinkimissyou
stalker

Quote:
well the idea came from the video i posted in HUGE BALLS thread.
It is said that earth is invisible when your looking at the size of VVceiphe(sp?)
so it got me thinking..what if we are a huge planet compared to this tiny weeny planet..but it isnt really tiny weeny..we are just huge..
I dont know the deep science of how it all works..so forgive me if i come off as an idiot

You're not coming across as an idiot, you're just speculating about the possibility of something, that's how all good idea's start off

I don't know enough about the subject to talk about the likelyhood of it though. But anyone who's seen an illustration of the structure of an atom, and knows what the solar system looks like can see certain similarities...

We could just be one dimension.

There's so much we don't know.
Old 03.23.2007, 11:59 AM   #14
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

i once read this cool page on dimensions, and it used illustrations of a triangle man and his world living in 2D and how it would look if a 3d man stuck a pin into his 2D world..then it went on to say ask what would it look like if a 4D man stuck a pin in our 3D world
Old 03.23.2007, 12:06 PM   #15
ithinkimissyou
stalker

Quote:
i once read this cool page on dimensions, and it used illustrations of a triangle man and his world living in 2D and how it would look if a 3d man stuck a pin into his 2D world..then it went on to say ask what would it look like if a 4D man stuck a pin in our 3D world

Yeah I've watched demonstrations of that too...

I actually can't get my head around it to be honest. Can I use the term "complete mindfuck" to describe it. Ok it was a complete mindfuck. I'm just glad I wasnt high at the time or I would have had an anyeurism.
Old 03.23.2007, 12:09 PM   #16
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

haha yeh, i wanna be high. should be getting a bag tomorrow Woo
anyway
Its pretty annoying we wont see much of future space travel in our life time.
Old 03.23.2007, 12:13 PM   #17
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:

isn't that truth.

it's already waaaay past 2001 and we still haven't found a giant obelisk on the moon.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING FUTURE I WAS PROMISED BY ARTHUR C CLARKE??
Old 03.23.2007, 12:14 PM   #18
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

i wish who ever it is would let the raileins build their temple thing, so they might be crazy mofos..but if they arnt then we have aliens waiting at our doorstep!
Old 03.23.2007, 12:14 PM   #19
ithinkimissyou
stalker

Quote:

I agree somewhat, but it would have been far worse living 500 years back with no telescopes and the church burning you if you said the earth wasn't at the centre of the universe.

Also, we might wind up blowing ourselves to smithereans before we can achieve interstellar travel. Thats why, even as a kid I reckoned any "aliens" which might happen upon our little world would be decent folk. Because to get here they would have had to co-operate in the use of massive power sources instead of blowing each other up with it, the latter of which seems to be a bit of human trait unfortunately.

Hopefully we'll change.
Old 03.23.2007, 12:24 PM   #20
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
they might be crazy mofos..

I endorse alien_sex_cults of any kind!

personally, I'm waiting for Quetzalcoatl's return 12/21/12. the Mayans might have been heart-eating savages, but they sure knew a lot about the sky and their universe.

although, I'm going to be really pissed off if Quetz turns out to be Jeezus instead of a googly-eyed spacemonster.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth