Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Being Content!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2007, 04:07 AM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Welcome, these are my thoughts, at this moment, at this night. Nothing is happening that is exciting or worthwhile, I just felt I wanted to be opiniated on the world. And the world is fine, nothing is wrong, I am tired of whiny people, albeit I was one, but straighten that out.

Congratulations to those that are amidst the greatest news they ever received. To those who are in the forefront of the greatest discovery of their lives, who will succumb to their deepest desire, and will be able to sigh in relief. To those who will cry that happiness is able to be achieved by everyone.

I am sorry to those who will awake with such distrust, to those who can't imagine their lives without some sort of ride. To those who are in pain, and can't scream for the agony of being recognized of their pain. Who shiver at the sight of death, and who whimper in shame in their old age. To those who crumble to the sad societal effects, and lose their thoughts in the process.

I am content, and hope there are many of you in this phase. I am finally content, I have worked hard to reach there, and realized that someone must stop moping and start taking charge of their own lives. If you just sit there and do nothing you will be moping, and god knows that is just pathetic, and really no one cares but your family, and soon they get tired of this.

To all those of you who read this, hope everything is where you wanted your life to be. And if not, look at the positive, and see you are there. If you are in a rough spot, realize it is only temporary, and it will get better soon. It will.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2007, 08:52 AM   #2
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i will never be content, there is always something to work harder for, to me being content is a fine fine line to being apathetic
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2007, 09:33 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
"be not content"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2007, 03:38 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Welcome, these are my thoughts, at this moment, at this night. Nothing is happening that is exciting or worthwhile, I just felt I wanted to be opiniated on the world. And the world is fine, nothing is wrong, I am tired of whiny people, albeit I was one, but straighten that out.

does that mean that the next time you say "im bored" i have the right to shoot you?

i have no problem being content-- i mean why not enjoy that which you have. i just had an awesome salad for lunch-- pineapple, strawberries, avocado, romaine lettuce, with a poppy seed dressing-- al organic stuff and delicous. i'd have to be pretty stupid to complain. ha hah.

but from contentment to inertia i think there is a huge leap. you can be content without "settling", it removes a lot of unease without killing your ambitons. i'm for contentment, to a point. never enjoying the present for the sake of some distant future is the cruelest torture imposed to us by western civilization.

and in the words of william blake "a grateful receiver bears a plentiful harvest".
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2007, 04:03 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
There's is a fucking shit load of philosophy on "The Good Life." In fact, I just wrote a summery on Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. There's also Thoreau's Walden. Whenver I think my life is falling apart or too complacent, I hit the books. See how someone else lived and pick out what I need.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2007, 04:31 PM   #6
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
i will never be content, there is always something to work harder for, to me being content is a fine fine line to being apathetic

I agree there is always something to work for. But I also believe you can be content within moments of time. Say, you're sitting with a record on that you love, and everything around you at that very point is encapsulating you and putting, or what it seems to be doing, putting everything in place - then you're content for that period of time, whether it be brief or not.

I also believe people can find that middle ground between contentment and apathy. There is always something to strive for, yes, but can you be content in the knowledge that you're striving towards something? I think you can.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth