Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Man Claims He Filmed Nessie!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.31.2007, 11:41 PM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...-ness-monster/

Man Says He Captured Loch Ness on Film
BEN McCONVILLE | May 31, 2007 11:03 PM EST |

Compare other versions »
EDINBURGH, Scotland — The Loch Ness monster is back _ and there's video. A man has captured what Nessie watchers say is possible footage of the supposed mythical creature beneath Scotland's most mysterious lake.

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45 feet long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video Saturday.

Nessie watcher and marine biologist Adrian Shine viewed the video and hoped to properly analyze it in the coming months.

"I see myself as a skeptical interpreter of what happens in the loch, but I do keep an open mind about these things and there is no doubt this is some of the best footage I have seen," said Shine, of the Loch Ness 2000 center in Drumnadrochit, on the shores of the lake.

"My initial thought is it could be a very big eel, they have serpent-like features and they may explain all the sightings in Loch Ness over the years."

Loch Ness is surrounded by myth. It's the largest inland body of water in Britain, and at about 750 feet to the bottom, it's even deeper than the North Sea.

"There are a number of possible explanations to the sightings in the loch. It could be some biological creature, it could just be the waves of the loch or it could some psychological phenomenon in as much as we see what we want to see," Shine said.

While many sightings can be attributed to a drop of the local whisky, legends of Scottish monsters date back to one of the founders of the Christian church in Scotland, St. Columba, who wrote of them in about 565 A.D.

More recently, there have been more than 4,000 purported Nessie sightings since she was first caught on camera by a surgeon on vacation in the 1930s.

Since then, the faithful have speculated about it is a completely unknown species, a sturgeon _ even though they have not been native to Scotland's waters for many years _ or even a last surviving dinosaur.

Real or imagined, Nessie has long been a Scottish emblem. She has been the muse for cuddly toys and immortalized on T-shirts and posters showing her classic three-humped image.

On Thursday, a group of Scottish business owners launched a bid to nominate Loch Ness for World Heritage site status _ though they cited its natural beauty, not Nessie. The Destination Loch Ness consortium must submit the nomination to the British government, which would decide whether to forward it to UNESCO.

The Scottish media is skeptical of Nessie stories but Holmes' footage is of such good quality that even the normally reticent BBC Scotland aired the video on its main news program Tuesday.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2007, 11:48 PM   #2
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D2wQn0ty6kg

it's kinda disappointing.
Old 06.01.2007, 12:30 AM   #3
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think it is real. I am a big skeptic, until I have real proof that it actually exist.
Old 06.01.2007, 01:49 AM   #5
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I was half expecting Nessie to jump out of the water and bite that lady's head off as she was giving her introduction. It's like, fuck yeah, Nessie caught on tape.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 01:54 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what? some shadow on the water? what a bunch of balls.

unbelievable that they squeezed a 4-minute segment out of that shitty footage.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 01:58 AM   #7
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what? some shadow on the water? what a bunch of balls.

unbelievable that they squeezed a 4-minute segment out of that shitty footage.

Well the world affairs are not that important, as such trite.
Old 06.01.2007, 06:17 PM   #8
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
How come whenever someone actually gets these elusive creatures on film its always distorted and pixelated and shite?

Do you guys believe in Nessie?

There are most definitely species that we have yet to discover and continue to discover every day; so a 'Loch Ness Monster' has to exist somewhere, right?

i'm skeptical about Nessie, but i totally believe in Bigfoot.
Old 06.01.2007, 06:30 PM   #9
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
i knew i shouldn't have watched this... another vague video of some shadow in the water far away in the distance.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 06:47 PM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How come whenever someone actually gets these elusive creatures on film its always distorted and pixelated and shite?

because as you rhetorically imply, they are all fakes...those crazy, bored brit twits///crop circles, anyone?

Quote:
Do you guys believe in Nessie?
our resident ghostbuster, SpectralJulian, believes

Quote:
There are most definitely species that we have yet to discover and continue to discover every day;
Yeah, there are new species, plants & insects mostly, but nothing on the order of a huge prehistoric reptile.

Quote:
...so a 'Loch Ness Monster' has to exist somewhere, right?
Wha? Although the deep oceans and tallest mountains still hold some mystery, the rest of the planet has been explored...like, practically every square inch of it.///Same reason why Bigfoot its a load of hooey. Although in ancient times, maybe there were some Gigantopithecus species still alive that lived in the mountians of Asia away from people and that's where the legend comes from.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2007, 03:35 AM   #11
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
It looks quite fake in the video.
Old 06.02.2007, 03:42 AM   #12
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
the rest of the planet has been explored...like, practically every square inch of it..

thats not true, there are areas that are so thick and hard to get into that go unexplored. They found a new breed of monkey not that long a go.
Old 06.02.2007, 09:01 PM   #13
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Although the deep oceans and tallest mountains still hold some mystery, the rest of the planet has been explored...like, practically every square inch of it.///Same reason why Bigfoot its a load of hooey. Although in ancient times, maybe there were some Gigantopithecus species still alive that lived in the mountians of Asia away from people and that's where the legend comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
thats not true, there are areas that are so thick and hard to get into that go unexplored. They found a new breed of monkey not that long a go.

Oh yeah, AA, you're soooo right, like, duuude...there's like there's soooo many more monkeys && other shit (in, like, general in the deep jungle, ya know) being discovered than plants and insects...it's like the planet of the apes, man, only with monkeys.

& what part of "practically" don't you understand, UFO-boy? I wrote my post specifically to allow for such exceptions.
Old 06.02.2007, 11:42 PM   #14
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
why do you feel the need to be rude?
what i said wasnt an attack against you, yet you feel the need to insult me..why?
Old 06.03.2007, 01:00 AM   #15
atari 2600
invito al cielo

And why did you have to (erroneously) categorically write that I was incorrect? Oh yeah, because you're a fucking asshole.

You would have had a valid point if you hadn't wrecked the train to start: "that's not true." Fuck you.

And do please note, dipshit, that I get along with people here just fine went they aren't being assholes out to antagonize me. Again, fuck you, "ALIEN ANAL."

Your passive-aggressive sucker punching was a feeble attempt. Feeble...just like everything else you ever write. Damn, are you fucking stupid? You can't slip shit by me. Let this be a lesson to you. You must be fucking stupid if you still want to quibble over this bullshit when anyone with a brain can see that you were attempting to slag me and that you should have made your point in another way. Learn grammar, you backwoods hick.

And yeah, I'm going off the handle. It doesn't change the fact that you set out to provoke me with how you phrased that response. You wrote that reply without thinking. Read the words someone writes before flying off the handle yourself, UFO boy.
Old 06.03.2007, 01:19 AM   #16
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

flying off the handle? i just said it wasnt true..i wasnt mad or angry at you. your crazy
Old 06.03.2007, 01:21 AM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

You're an idiot. I know for sure now. As such, there's no point in arguing with you. But, for the record (& for the third time)...

You wrote:

"THAT'S NOT TRUE..." (implying me) --- and then you made your point about new monkey species being found in the deep jungle...

while all the while ignoring the words (the word "PRACTICALLY" specifically) I had written in the very post you responded to.
Furthermore, I am correct about most new species being discovered being plants and insects, so your point about the new monkey species is certainly also not congruous with the blanket "THAT'S NOT TRUE..." you sounded off with. Fuck off.
Old 06.03.2007, 01:25 AM   #18
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

oh i get it your the "angry guy" , cool i understand now
as you were...fuck head..oo its fun being angry guy.
Old 06.03.2007, 01:27 AM   #19
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL

Will there ever be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark?

Dinosaur Jr 14 July 2007 Woo

-Member of the of uber-kool outsiders' club-

Daddy issues?
Old 06.03.2007, 01:28 AM   #20
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

yeh hes an alcoholic but it was exagerated in the song.

was that suppose to upset me or turn me into the incredible angry boy?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth