Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Piper At The Gates of Dawn Being Re-Issued This Summer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2007, 12:44 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Pink Floyd's 1967 LP Piper at the Gates of Dawn-- the band's debut, and final album-length contribution from late founder and professional weirdo Syd Barrett -- will receive the deluxe 3 CD reissue treatment from EMI. Out August 28 in North America and September 3 in Europe, the package will contain both stereo and mono versions of the album, newly remastered by Floyd engineer James Guthrie.

The third disc will collect three Piper-era singles, an alternate take of "Interstellar Overdrive", and a few scattered b-sides and rarities. The package's cover art was designed by Storm Thorgerson, whose mark is all over many of the Floyd's 60s and 70s album sleeves. "Other celebrations of the 40th anniversary" of the landmark album are, reportedly, on their way.

I can't wait for this im completly going to buy it.I wonder if they'll be any surprises on the 3rd disc. Does anyone already have and notice a difference between the mono and stereo mixes of the album ?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 01:32 PM   #2
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, ive got the mono version and there are alot of differences. loads of bits you cant hear on the stereo ver.
seeing as i already have both and the 3rd disc will probly just have the stuff any barrett fan would have,, i probly wont rush to buy it.
i should do, but im broke as a joke.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 01:35 PM   #3
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Is it coming out on vinyl?
Old 06.13.2007, 01:53 PM   #4
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
can't wait for this. great news.
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 02:04 PM   #5
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Sweet.
It pisses me off when they do sterio and mono on one disc though
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 02:20 PM   #6
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, i'll certainly pick this one up. I love Floyd even the late stuff. But Barrett era is classic.
Old 06.13.2007, 02:36 PM   #7
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
yeah, this is a great album....syd the genius at his best

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 02:46 PM   #8
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I never listen to this great album, I' m ashamed ( actually my parents were fond of Dark Side...). To fill this lack of culture, I'll bought it. I swear.
( Nice avatar, Lethrneck4)

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 02:51 PM   #9
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Fantastic album, their best. I won't have the money to buy it, though.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 02:55 AM   #10
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
i'll buy it although i have already 3 different cd-versions of it... the original, the remastered stereo and the mono version. too bad there won't be any unreleased material, just the french ep version of interstellar overdrive and the stereo version of apples and oranges. i heard the french IO was edited from 10+ minutes jam down to 5 minutes or whatever, but i'm afraid they'll going to release just the edit once again. vegetable man, where are you?
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 08:53 AM   #11
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
This album is the definition of classic, 40 years on and it is sounds more contemporary then most of the crap thats out there!
Hmm, I'm looking at the difference between Relics and The Singles Cd and I realize I don't think I have ever heard "Candy and a Current Bun", which was originally known as Lets Roll Another One. I have that on bootleg in some form but I don't think I've heard the studio vers.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth