Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Aaron Cometbus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2006, 02:32 AM   #1
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i'm gonna do a report on him for my English class. i've read Double Duce and i love it, but what else would you recommend? and i can't seem to find many sites with info on him (aside from the Wikipedia article, but i need more than that).
Old 05.06.2006, 03:00 AM   #2
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
why him?
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 03:03 AM   #3
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
why him?

well, i really like his writing style and humor. plus, no one in my class has ever heard of him, including the teacher, so if i mess it up, no one will ever know.
Old 05.06.2006, 12:39 PM   #4
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

awesome. thanks, kegmama. i think i'll pick up a copy of that Cometbus Omnibus thing.
Old 05.06.2006, 12:50 PM   #5
L. Ron Hubbard
empty page

L. Ron Hubbard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i sincerely doubt that aaron cometbus has ever been involved with either buses or comets.
L. Ron Hubbard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 05:47 PM   #6
wearescientists
bad moon rising

wearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the rough
if you don't know already....check out his 1st real band Crimpshrine....one of the greatest punk bands from the 90's
wearescientists is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2008, 12:10 PM   #7
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i was about to start a thread about aaron cometbus, but i did a search just in case and found this one. i've been re-reading his "despite everything: a cometbus omnibus" collection book. i think it's probably my favorite book of all time. i really enjoy his writing style. it's not english lit. major style, but that's why i like it. it's more real to me. his stories (fiction or non) are very intriguing and i always imagine myself in the situation that he is writing about. i also like in the older cometbus issues how he does cereal reviews. very funny shit.

his bands are really good too. crimpshrine, astrid oto (also featuring cindy, the writer of another influential zine "doris"), pinhead gunpowder (yes billie joe from green day is also in the band) and cleveland bound death sentence (with members of the amazing dillinger 4) to name a few.

anyone like or read his zines?
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth