Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page thank the Feds for throwing society a bone
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.09.2007, 08:08 AM   #1
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...08-gangs_N.htm

Immigration charges used to crack down on gangs

By Donna Leinwand, USA TODAY

Created: 10/9/2007 8:25:43 AM
Updated: 10/9/2007 8:26:52 AM

Federal agents are using immigration violations to arrest and deport scores of gang members in cities across the USA.

In a three-month summertime push that began June 1, federal agents working with local police agencies in 23 cities arrested 1,313 gang members, their associates and other illegal residents, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said.

Gang member arrests have increased 73% over 2006, from 2,294 people to 3,974, ICE statistics show. ICE has arrested 7,655 people from more than 700 gangs on immigration and criminal violations since the program began in 2005, ICE spokesman Michael Keegan said.

A week-long operation in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area last month netted 34 people from Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Somalia with ties to street gangs, Keegan said. Five people are charged with state crimes, nine face federal charges for re-entering the USA after previous deportations, and four are permanent U.S. residents who have previous criminal convictions, he added.

Sgt. Kelly O'Rourke of the Metro Gang Strike Force in the Twin Cities calls the immigration charges a "helpful tool," in controlling the growth of gangs, who deal in guns and drugs there.

Even so, some communities say the raids go too far. On Long Island, Nassau County officials said that ICE did not check its targets against the county's own gang intelligence before its raids Sept. 24 and 26. Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi in an Oct. 2 letter to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff accused the agency of "misconduct and malfeasance" for "tactical actions which cross the lines of legality and law enforcement best practices."

ICE failed to target gang members, finding just eight gang members among the 82 people arrested in the county, the letter states.

Keegan said most of the people arrested in raids in Nassau and neighboring Suffolk County were gang members or people associated with the gangs.

The operation netted 190 arrests and 55 of those arrested had past criminal histories, he said. Agents also arrested other illegal immigrants if they happened across them, he said.

"At the end of the day, they are in violation of immigration law," Keegan said. "If you look at the operation across the nation, I have not heard local agencies complaining about the assistance we're providing in removing illegal immigrants from their neighborhoods."

previously on sonicyouth.com/gossip:

Friggens illegal imigrants

...and tesla69 will get even more confused about me...haaha...what a dope. And yeah, I already know USA Today is owned by Gannett, it's still news.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 08:48 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
it's going to be interesting to see if they can ever make those federal re-entry charges stick.

if not, the deportations will be two week vacations with the family.

freakin' canadians, why can't they just stay home??
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 08:53 AM   #3
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Go back to Canada!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 11:42 AM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"gangs" in america is a synonym for ethnic minorites who convervative white americans probably wish they had the authority for summarily execute...

if they don't like gang violence so much, why do are so many firearms manufactured and distributed in America? and why does the CIA sell drugs and arms to these "gangs" if they are so un-American? its all bullshit.... police states suck, especially when they have convinced your grandmother that you live in a democracy.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 11:52 AM   #5
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
"gangs" in america is a synonym for ethnic minorites who convervative white americans probably wish they had the authority for summarily execute...

if they don't like gang violence so much, why do are so many firearms manufactured and distributed in America? and why does the CIA sell drugs and arms to these "gangs" if they are so un-American? its all bullshit.... police states suck, especially when they have convinced your grandmother that you live in a democracy.

Nice to know the white supremacist gangs and the Hells Angels etc are "ethnic minorities"

Also nice to know that conservative white americans wish to commit genocide, in your opinion
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 11:55 AM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
Nice to know the white supremacist gangs and the Hells Angels etc are "ethnic minorities"

Also nice to know that conservative white americans wish to commit genocide, in your opinion

the hells angels are not considered a gang under law enforcement standards.. they are not pursued with injunctions, excessive arrests, deportations etc.

white supremacists are considered free speech groups, not gangs. they have the right to promote hatred in communities without being disturbed. shit in two states in this country the confederate flag is the state flag in all of the city halls, courts and schools.

further, yes, I said that conservative white Americans are genocidal. what? have you heard what they want to do for Israel in Iran?

Old 10.09.2007, 12:21 PM   #7
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the hells angels are not considered a gang under law enforcement standards.. they are not pursued with injunctions, excessive arrests, deportations etc.

white supremacists are considered free speech groups, not gangs. they have the right to promote hatred in communities without being disturbed. shit in two states in this country the confederate flag is the state flag in all of the city halls, courts and schools.

further, yes, I said that conservative white Americans are genocidal. what? have you heard what they want to do for Israel in Iran?

Why then are the Hells Angels on the FBI list of "most dangerous gangs"?

Why dont you try googling Hells Angels and see how many times their clubhouses have been smashed and raided, how many arrested etc

Why also do the white supremacist groups also get treated as gangs by the US penal system and prosecutors?

I also note Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam use the same rights to spread their poison as do the white supremacist gangs

Check your facts first then post

Try playing with a full deck of cards too instead of just the one, it might give you a more balanced , and accurate, opinion
Old 10.09.2007, 12:28 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I roll with the H-Town Instigators
Old 10.09.2007, 12:51 PM   #9
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That's why I facetiously "thanked" the Feds for doing a job they should be doing anyway, and I've written before about the gun lobbies and the CIA link between drugs and gangs. You're right, that's their thing...to play both sides.

Quote:

Why dont you try googling Hells Angels and see how many times their clubhouses have been smashed and raided, how many arrested etc

Why also do the white supremacist groups also get treated as gangs by the US penal system and prosecutors?

I also note Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam use the same rights to spread their poison as do the white supremacist gangs

Try playing with a full deck of cards too instead of just the one, it might give you a more balanced , and accurate, opinion

I agree that hate groups should not be protected under the First Amendment, but unfortunately, it puts us all in trepidatious waters to levy any change against them until they break the law because of the precedent it could set. Given that lawyers (even judges sometimes) can too often be jackasses with a self-serving agenda and a blind eye to justice, if we take away the free speech rights of hate groups, then the government could go around and start to mislabel other groups they wished to suppress as hate groups.

And I also agree with you that people should try to work out their "opinions" with the known facts before spouting off...alas, that will always be the dream.
Old 10.09.2007, 02:10 PM   #10
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atariana 2600

previously on sonicyouth.com/gossip:

Friggens illegal imigrants

...and tesla69 will get even more confused about me...haaha...what a dope. And yeah, I already know USA Today is owned by Gannett, it's still news.

I'm not confused about you, you're just a self absorbed egoist who sits alone in their house all day waiting for someone to buy something off an internet site. Does anyone have any idea what atariana is referring to above? Oh yeah, its just more bullying. My posts really intimidate atariana, its hilarious. Atariana is like the resident flat earther. if its not corporate/military approved news, then anyone who suggests it is a "dope" or "nutball" or whatever other bullying mud he can fling around. I know he's a coward and would never dare say it to our face. He probably never leaves his bedroom and can't function around real humans. But he's sure good at TRYING to bully people in the safe anonymity of the internet.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 05:18 PM   #11
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I tried functioning around real humans once. I sneezed, twice.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 05:25 PM   #12
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I tried functioning around real humans once. I sneezed, twice.

Did you expectorate?
Old 10.09.2007, 06:17 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

ohh la la the FBI website. that really tells me about how law enforcement on the street goes, considering the FBI doesn't do any low level law enforcement like arresting gang members, they leave that for the good ol boys in blue or black or whatever nazi inspired uniform they where to disguise their brutality....
anyways, it seems like you believe everything they say so you show me where they have injunctions in neighborhoods in SOuth Carolina to stop white supremecists from congretating like they do in Los Angeles which stops supposed "gang members" from hanging out together. injunction=roadblock curfue=martial law=police state=america....

remember, the day the country died?

Old 10.09.2007, 06:42 PM   #14
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I'm not confused about you,

You've made the conjecture that I'm a government or police agent on multiple occasions, including once only just yesterday.

Quote:
you're just a self absorbed egoist

In your mind, I'm a "self-absorbed egotist." But please don't blame me because of your own insecurities and failings.

Quote:
who sits alone in their house all day waiting for someone to buy something off an internet site.

Have fun in the ratrace. Jealous much? Sorry, I tried, but couldn't resist.

Quote:
Does anyone have any idea what atariana is referring to above?

Seems to me you're counting on other people not having the attention span to possibly remember. Aside from all of your other numerous ridiculous notions, I've already notated that you've made the conjecture that I'm a government or police agent on multiple occasions.

Quote:
Oh yeah, its just more bullying. My posts really intimidate atariana, its

It's "it's." It's only "its" when it's a possessive pronoun, and not a contraction.

Quote:
hilarious. Atariana is like the resident flat earther.

Whatever, check Daycare Nation's "flat earth" and "fake moon landing" threads. You know, the ones he intentionally authored to rile me up and I reasonably state that only an idiot would believe such nonsense.
The Flat Earth Society
Did Men Land on the Moon?
You must be confused, because science clearly denotes that our planet is a slightly oblate sphere (the correct term is a symmetric ellipsoid, or geoid shape) and I believe also that men have walked on the moon. I thought you disliked Karl Rove and his ilk; funny you would try and pull something out of his back of tricks like that. Your whole last post sort of smacks of the same shit. And once again you seem to be counting on other people not having the attention span to possibly remember those threads.

Quote:
if its not corporate/military approved news, then anyone who suggests it is a "dope" or "nutball" or whatever other bullying mud he can fling around. I know he's a coward and would never dare say it to our face.

Optimally, I wouldn't want to get into a physical altercation with anyone over these types of things, but if they ever pushed my buttons in just such a way, or struck me first, rest assured it will end quickly. I can throw a wrist lock like a pro (I'm not police, really haha) and if you're not a very huge guy I can get you to submit. If someone is begging for a fight or busts out of the wrist lock then I have some takedown moves that will most likely put them on the ground and their head in the way of some life-threatening damage. If someone comes at me with a weapon, then I have a good chance of taking care of that as well, although I'll run, duck, or cover if it is practical in those situations, if there is time enough. Essentially, I'm not a coward, but I do avoid fighting whenever possible.

Quote:
He probably never leaves his bedroom

I have a friend who is a big commerical real estate guy here in town. In addition to his home, he has a crash pad apartment downtown and he owns a restaurant and bar downtown. And I meet new young ladies all the time. I've had many serious relationships, but I've had my heart broken twice. The first ended when we were both arrested, and the second ended when she left me. Ever since, I'm not too interested in serious relationships, and I figure I have about ten more years to really decide about it unless the right woman comes along first.
I have a few small groups of friends, and not all of them were met in bars; just about all are younger than I am. A couple of friends that are my age (late thirties) have recently gotten married, so I don't see as much of them as I used to.
I have a cineplex and shopping center that I can walk to by taking a brief nature hike over a rock walkway in a stream, through a bamboo forest and up a ravine. I get deer, beavers, raccoons, rabbits, wild cats and, of course, squirrels in my backyard all the time. Large birds of prey can be seen overhead in the afternoons on many days of the year.

Quote:
and can't function around real humans.

It is true that I don't like too many of them and, for the most part, unfortunately find their company usually disagreeable.

Quote:
But he's sure good at TRYING to bully people in the safe anonymity of the internet.

I'm good most of the time, yes, haha, but a bully, nah, not at all. You're hung-up with some schoolyard/prisonyard mentality. If anything it's a great concern and passion for the truth and an admittedly somewhat impatient intolerance for anyone that feels anything less than that. Consider it tough love. And I hope you know me a little better now, you nutty snake in the grass.
Old 10.09.2007, 07:19 PM   #15
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
ohh la la the FBI website. that really tells me about how law enforcement on the street goes, considering the FBI doesn't do any low level law enforcement like arresting gang members, they leave that for the good ol boys in blue or black or whatever nazi inspired uniform they where to disguise their brutality....
anyways, it seems like you believe everything they say so you show me where they have injunctions in neighborhoods in SOuth Carolina to stop white supremecists from congretating like they do in Los Angeles which stops supposed "gang members" from hanging out together. injunction=roadblock curfue=martial law=police state=america....

remember, the day the country died?

You really should check your facts, the Hells Angels are an international gang, as well as interstate.

That makes things federal not local

Jesus why dont you try google instead of goggle

You might get your facts right and have half a clue what you are talking about

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth