Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page for the futbol fanatics
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.12.2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
my girlfriend and I bought tix and attended the Houston Dynamo match this past saturday, the western conference final in MLS. This sunday the Houston Dynamo face off for the MLS CUP in washington DC.
It was a very exciting match.
Old 11.12.2007, 05:09 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh man!!

i used to go to the dc united games at RFK. they used to cost like $12. made for great weekend fun.

confess, confess-- don't you just love that the game is 90 minutes of nonstop action, with a 15 minute piss break to unload the beer?

anyway, good fun. i don't like watching on tv as much as i love going to the stadium-- no idiot tv commentators talking crap.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It is most definitely NOT 90 minutes of non-stop action man. while there are none of the scheduled time outs that american football takes, there are certainly dozens of play stoppages in soccer/futbol.
waiting around for a yellow card, or a player to stop writhing in pain. hee hee

we had a great time. I do not know when to cheer, but I figured, since I wa sititing in a predominantly Latino section, I'd just cheer when they do. Of coure I know the obvious stuff, but the fans scream loudly everytime the opposing teams keeper goes to kick the ball off. why?

The announcer on the PA at Robertson Stadium was very polite! It wa salways "Ladies and gentleman, may I have your attention. The following player has been given a yellow card warning..." very civiliized.

and once in our seats I was NOT leaving them as it was standing room only and the rules appeared to be "shuffle your rfeet lose yr seat." since there was maybe 1 usher for every 5 thousand fans.

It was great to see the suport the team has from the Houston fans. Great stuff.
Old 11.12.2007, 05:22 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well sure there are stops & stuff, and sometimes that is part of the strategy, to slow down a game when you're winning, it wrecks the other team's nerves with the clock going down.

the screams are prolly jeers. if he fucks up the kick he could find himself with a nasty counterattack and little defense.

hm those tix must have been expensive for the final. standing room only it's prolly not the fancy section. when the regular season comes around try going to the numbered seat section-- the chicks are hot and you can sit in a numbered seat and relax.

the cheaper sections can get pretty rowdy with drums and drunks and fights & shit. back home when i was in high school we'd go to the games get plastered & high & throw crap at the referees & players of the opposing team. people would pass around joints like free candy. oh the fun!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2007, 05:28 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

These were bleacher seats, but our section was the rowdiest of alls edtions and we could get nowhere bnear to our seats, so we found some seats a few ssections down. ha ha!
every man for himself at the dynamo games!

Our side did pelt the other team's keeper repeatedly with paper ballsand streamers and all sorts of crap, especially during our corner kicks. That was fun to see.
Old 11.16.2007, 07:17 PM   #6
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
my girlfriend and I bought tix and attended the Houston Dynamo match this past saturday, the western conference final in MLS. This sunday the Houston Dynamo face off for the MLS CUP in washington DC.
It was a very exciting match.

Congrats to the Dynamo once again, the New England Patriots of MLS. Of course, bummer seeing the Wizards season end.

I hope they beat the cheatin Revs in the final.

USA vs. South Africa on Saturday too. No Cornhusker game, so no worries.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth