Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page hey jello (another open letter)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2007, 11:10 AM   #1
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Mr. Biafra,

What happened, man? You used to have a sense of humor and even got a few things right. Your anger used to be rightous and entertaining. Now it's muddled and serious.

I heard you talk shortly after Gore lost. You were unsympathetic, called the democrats crybabies and said that there really wasn't a difference between Bush and Gore, anyway. A few years later, as the Kerry campaign was going full steam, you said pretty much the same things, doing the same rap, even after all the shit Bush did in office. Do you really think Bush will make a movie like AN INCONVINIENT TRUTH when he gets out of office? Do you really think Gore would have tried to introduce an anti-gay ammendment to the Constitution? Do you really think Gore would have lied about Iraq, over and over? If so, do you really think his lies would've been just as transparent as Bush's were? Can you not see how the president has the power to shift public debate, and that Bush has shifted it to places that Gore (or any sane person) would never tread? Are you totally blind to the fact that Gore looks ahead and Bush looks back? Are you ever going to apologize, or at least admit, that you were completely wrong?

You talk a good deal about "Frankenfoods." Clearly, this is a subconscious attempt to boost your royalties for a certain DK album that has a similiar sounding title, because your argument is half-baked and ignorant. Genetically modified foods have been with us for awhile, dude. The carrot is the color it is today (and not the tuber-brown it originally was) because some guy figured out how to make in orange in celebration of William of Orange. See how we all have flippers now? GMF in recent years has saved THOUSANDS of lives and has improved the standard of living in many parts of the world. The casava, an essential food in places like southern India, naturally contains traces of strychnine. The poison can be removed only through a somewhat complicated preperation process (I guess nature's little joke to make up for the fact that the cassava is a cinch to grow). Guess what? The new genetically modified cassavas don't have strychnine, and thus, less people are dying or becoming dangerously ill in certain parts of the world. And have you ever heard of Golden Rice? Look it up, dude. Impressive stuff, no? Of course nation's shouldn't be forced to ONLY buy GMFs; of course the "suicide seed" is a hardship on farmers. Of course there are problems with SOME GMFs. So you see, the issue is complex.

GMFs can't be called "good" or "bad" across the board. But you like polorization, don't you? You don't like issues that have multiple facets, and issues that require a little research to understand. You really like the "us vs. them" attitude. Dude, you are a divider, not a uniter.

Take a clue from Rollins and: a) find the humor or irony in what you care about, b) take some time to be honest about yourself, c) understand the other side's position as clearly as you can before offering a counter arguement.

Once yours, but no longer,
Evollove
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 11:50 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I have it on authority that he's just as tedious in real life (these days).

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
wow, someone has a boner for gore.

i don't know where they get the "he would have been a super cool president" image of him, just because he made a pseudo-movie about a trendy ecological "cause"? may i remind you that this is the person that started censuring music? libermann (sp?), his campaign vice president, was seriously talking about rating concerts so that kids wouldn't be able to go to shows! gore would have been as fascists as bush and just as dumb.

but yeah, jello being like he is today...that ship has sailed, more than 20 years ago now. if jello in '79 would meet jello in '07, he would be totally against that guy.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 12:58 PM   #4
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
hello jello
Much of your open letter resonates with me, evollove. You should IM him at his myspace.

I've gone against the grain to write as much before myself in the past in threads about him (and DKs).

What evollove writes concerns Jello Biafra's career as a public speaker. And I'm in agreement. If the guy is going to prop himself up as an orator based on his hardcore cred then he needs to do a much better job. I saw Mr. Biafra speak in the nineties and I wasn't all that impressed then. Judging by evollove's post, Jello must have gone even further downhill since.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 01:06 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
The carrot is the color it is today (and not the tuber-brown it originally was) because some guy figured out how to make in orange in celebration of William of Orange.
Care to back this claim up?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 01:12 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
The carrot is the color it is today (and not the tuber-brown it originally was) because some guy figured out how to make in orange in celebration of William of Orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Care to back this claim up?

I know that this is the royal canine of the House of Orange and that the breed originates there.

Whatssa matta, pbradley, is googling "house of orange"+"carrots" too complex and/or too taxing for you?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=carrots+house+of+orange&btnG=Google +Search

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:OpmIUYhOLxoJ:www.carrotjuice.com/facts-
houseoforange.html+carrots+house+of+orange&hl=en&c t=clnk&cd=2&gl=us
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 02:24 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Whatssa matta, pbradley, is googling "house of orange"+"carrots" too complex and/or too taxing for you?
Given the context, yes. The best it got from me was a wikipedia look over that made it sound naturally occurring. "Emerged" was the word I believe it used. But you've provided support, congratulations.
Old 11.21.2007, 02:38 PM   #8
pbradley
invito al cielo

Ha ha, and you neg repped me for asking. OUCH. Ha ha ha.

Stupid me for asking the person claiming a point to provide support for it. I wasn't even insinuating it was wrong. What's wrong, atari, is your typical condescending psychological profiling too taxing for you?
Old 11.22.2007, 02:19 PM   #9
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
evollove,

I don't know what you're smoking but Biafra>Gore ANYDAY.
Old 11.24.2007, 05:06 PM   #10
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
if jello biafra had run a more aggressive campaign for the green party nomination in 2000, then ralph nader wouldn't have taken votes from away from gore, and none of this crap bush has done would have happened. i fucking hate that guy.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth