Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Two movies I want to see
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2006, 05:41 PM   #1
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I want to go check out "Art School Confidental", the new movie by Terry Zwigoff and Daniel Clowes. I've heard mixed reviews over it though. Also, anyone else planning on seeing "The Proposition"? A gritty western set in Australia with a screenplay written by Nick Cave.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 05:45 PM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
fuck yeah im the biggest daniel clowes fan, i have to see this but i doubt that ANY cinema anywhere near my town would ever show it!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 05:46 PM   #3
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
the proposition looks good, dunno about uk release dates though or even if it will go on general release or just independants. is that art school confidential thing a comedy in the vein of american pie? I saw an ad on it for pitchfork and thats what it looked like :S if that's the case, I won't be watching it
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

Kim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the rough
I would like to see Art School Confidential as well! If anyone does see it, be sure to give us your review! Hopefully, it lives up to Ghost World expectations...or even better.
Kim C Not G is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 08:10 PM   #5
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
I know its been out for a while.
I still want to see the producers.

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 05:21 AM   #6
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
umm yes the proposition is brilliant, with the sound track done by cave and warren ellis. if you have seen john hillcoats other films you will like them. ghosts of the civil dead, and too have and too hold are the other two.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2006, 05:28 PM   #7
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
the proposition was not that good. i could see what was trying to be done but it missed the mark as far as i was concerned. if they didnt have ray winstone or a few others it would have been better.

i dont mind ray winstone, just not in this.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 02:16 AM   #8
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
SOOOO, I am probably the only person in America who has not read the Da Vinci Code, but I want too. I should read it first and then maybe just rent the movie or some shit, right?!

I'm going to see the movie, but I'll probably never read the book.

Edit: Actually, I probably won't do either. Check out these reviews:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/da_vinci_code/
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 02:28 AM   #9
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not going to do either. I don't like modern murder mystery stuff. It just seems so boring to me.

I've played all four SH games and seen the movie twice. The movie is not as good, but if you go in expecting a bad movie you'll be pleasantly surprised. People tend to hate it or love it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 06:18 AM   #10
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I hear that the book is MUCH more climatic, exciting and fast paced then the movie though... Hollywood can't portray and duplicate literature the way an author can. I just fear seeing the movie first will turn me off to wanting to read it... Besides, Silent Hill looks like it might be pretty good. Is it as good as the game(s)?!

kegmama i know what you mean but this sentence is funny
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 04:05 PM   #11
Ich bin gael
little trouble girl

Ich bin gael has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I want to see THE KING with Gael Garcia Bernal. I'll probably go see it tomorrow.
Ich bin gael is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 04:20 PM   #12
Ich bin gael
little trouble girl

and I can't wait until next month to see this:

It looks hilarious... Meryl Streep as Anna Wintour? OH GOD YES!
Old 05.20.2006, 04:28 PM   #13
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
"The Devil Wears Prada", Anne Hathaway is in it, she was in Disney's "The Princess Diaries", more importantly, she was in "Havoc", what a revealing role, bravo.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 04:36 PM   #14
Ich bin gael
little trouble girl

Just think... if I was in France I'd be watching Marie-Antoinette in a few days! We have to wait until October!! WHY SOFIA, WHY?!?!
Old 05.21.2006, 01:13 AM   #15
samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I wanted to watch The Proposition as well, but I never got round to seeing it when it was in the cinemas. I can't wait until X-Men 3 comes out!
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 01:15 AM   #16
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
People were standing on the side of the road here protesting The Da Vinci Code yesterday. There were about 10 with big signs depicting Jesus wearing the crown of thorns with underneath some sort of admonishing slogan.
Old 05.21.2006, 01:22 AM   #17
samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
People were standing on the side of the road here protesting The Da Vinci Code yesterday. There were about 10 with big signs depicting Jesus wearing the crown of thorns with underneath some sort of admonishing slogan.

My friend's church told them to boycott The Da Vinci Code, but she's still going to watch it.
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 01:29 AM   #18
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

People should picket movies more often. Not for being blasphemous, but for being shitty.
Old 05.21.2006, 01:30 AM   #19
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I hear that the book is MUCH more climatic, exciting and fast paced then the movie though... Hollywood can't portray and duplicate literature the way an author can. I just fear seeing the movie first will turn me off to wanting to read it...

read the book first, then rent the movie. you'll see your quote provve itself...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 01:39 AM   #20
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the thread. Art School Confidential is showing tomorrow...I'll probably see it after church.

I also have a copy of the Da Vinci Code but it was a gift--I doubt I will read it OR see the movie.

Are there any fans of Adrian Tomine's comics here?

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth