Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i just beat final fantasy vii
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.13.2006, 05:30 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking epic.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 06:04 PM   #3
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
you suck i beat the game in like an hour.
Old 05.13.2006, 07:11 PM   #4
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
It only took you nine years.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 07:27 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I just got it a month ago.

I've had a PS2 for two years (mainly cuz I found it brand new for $80 and stupidly thought there'd be games worth getting for it) and and only have 2 games for it -- Mega Man Collection and Mega Man X collection -- so this past few months I've decided to buy up some PSone games.. I got chrono chross, all the final fantasies (including tactics), legend of mana, brave fencer musashi, mainly square games..

and I beat final fantasy vii.. it took 42 hours. whoo!

Old 05.13.2006, 07:34 PM   #6
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
How much did you get those for? Lately with advent children and the FF resurgence prices have shot through the roof. I wanted to buy a copy of final fantasy IX and it was fortry-five dollars, used.
Old 05.13.2006, 07:50 PM   #7
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
congrats. and you're right, there's no such thing as a good ps2 game -- imo the video game industry died with the 90s.

since this is a final fantasy thread i might as well ask a quasi-related question . . . i got ffiii (vi, if you're a japanese purist) about a year and a half ago and got all the way to kefka's tower, and i'm on the part where you have to split into 3 parties. there's this part where you have to have two parties stand on buttons and have the third go thru this central door and fight a goddess. i beat the goddess (the first one) and switched to the party that's standing on the left switch, but i can't find where the hell to go from there. every walkthru on gamefaqs tells you to go through some door, but I CAN'T FIND THE GODDAM DOOR. it's the stupidest problem on the planet but it frustrated me enough that i stopped playing the game about a year ago and haven't picked it up since. any suggestions?
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 08:21 PM   #8
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
How much did you get those for? Lately with advent children and the FF resurgence prices have shot through the roof. I wanted to buy a copy of final fantasy IX and it was fortry-five dollars, used.
yea, i was lucky i bought my new copy before all the prices rose.

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 08:25 PM   #9
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Congrats. Did you beat the Weapons as well? I never could...
You should play FF9 next, it's really good as well. Chrono Cross is pretty good, but I don't really like how the battles work.

As you can see I'm a pretty big RPG nerd.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2006, 01:27 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

A few things...

I got all those games for $10 or less. Tons of awesome pawn shops around here.

Any help needed in Final Fantasy games, you should probably go to www.gamefaqs.com ..

And yeah honestly probably the best RPG I've ever played (so far) is Super Mario RPG.. but I'm sure that'll change as soon as I play some more.

And I attempted to beat one of the weapons. Haha..

Old 05.14.2006, 09:09 AM   #11
Sonic Max
little trouble girl

Sonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's assesSonic Max kicks all y'all's asses
Final Fantasy is awesome. Film wasn't very good.
Sonic Max is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2006, 11:01 AM   #12
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

Both films, especially the spirits within bullshit, weren't very good.
Old 05.14.2006, 11:04 AM   #13
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Love the games, Movies were dissapointing
Old 05.14.2006, 03:58 PM   #14
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Of course the movies suck.
\
FF7 Is a fuckin amazing game. As most Final fantasy's are... I think i'll always have a soft spot for II(jap 4) because I had it on snes and it was a great game. I never beat three though. SOmething I need to do.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2006, 04:20 PM   #15
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i never beat 7. i'm pretty close on 10.
Old 05.14.2006, 04:38 PM   #16
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

10 was a huge dissapointment for me. I absolutely hate the characters and that fucking blitzball minigame stuff. Plus the sphere grid battle system kinda sucks.

Also, there are a few gems for ps2: Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, MGS 2&3, Katamari Damaci & We Love Katamari, Guilty Gear X2, Soul Calibur II & III, Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner, Silent Hill 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Gitaroo Man, Parappa the Rapper 2...
Old 05.14.2006, 05:23 PM   #17
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
I liked the sphere grid on 10, but overall I agree that FF10 sucked.
I never player FFX-2, did anyone else? It looked like utter shit.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2006, 05:27 PM   #18
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I just got it a month ago.

I've had a PS2 for two years (mainly cuz I found it brand new for $80 and stupidly thought there'd be games worth getting for it) and and only have 2 games for it -- Mega Man Collection and Mega Man X collection -- so this past few months I've decided to buy up some PSone games.. I got chrono chross, all the final fantasies (including tactics), legend of mana, brave fencer musashi, mainly square games..

and I beat final fantasy vii.. it took 42 hours. whoo!

Damn, legend of mana was SUCH a good game, I wish I still had it. Aw well, there's always Morrowind for me
Old 05.14.2006, 05:30 PM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, I'd almost get a 360 just for morrowind..

as for posting about ps2 games, there indeed are a couple I like (ico) and a couple I need to play (shadow of collusses) but.. metal gear solid 2...

that's easily one of the worst games I've ever played.

Old 05.14.2006, 05:32 PM   #20
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
ICO was a great video game. I haven't played in years. The slough of sports games and horrible RPGs has scared me away from spending money on video games ever again.

I beat one of the Final Fantasy's. It took me like 100 hours or something like that. I don't remember which one.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth