Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page top 5 skateboarders
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.04.2008, 12:53 AM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
for those of us who are skaterats/give two shirts about skateboarding:

1. marc gonzales-he made the sport what it is today, beautiful style, first dude to hurl himself down handrails, his art is actually really amazing too, hes a modern day renaissance man who happens to be a legendary skateboarder.

2. jason dill-i just love the dudes style, i met him at the park under the bridge in nyc once, he wasnt a dick or anything, just skatin around smoking cigs, hes way into slayer, the gza, dino jr., and he likes a buncha good music, his part in photosynthesis still blows me away.

3. john cardiel-fucking GNARLY, i swear to god the guy will skate at 60 mph, but the faster he goes the more control he gets, blows my mind, anti hero is the raddest skate company, i love their logo, i still wear their t shirts, anyways...

4. gino ianucci-smooth as fuck, backside heelflip embarcadero 4 when no one had done anything other than a kickflip over it, still relevant today.

4. (tie)-guy mariano-dude was the best skater in the world in 96 when mouse came out, but i duno if anyone has seen the new lakai video, its his first part SINCE mouse, and hes still one of the best street skaters in the world./marc johnson-i thought he was past his prime, but again the lakai video, marc has the last part, 9 minute fucking super part, no filler footage, his style is on point, he has the most creative mind ever when it comes to getting tricks, he says he thinks of skating as an art form, in that you see the world differently than other people, he looks at a ledge and instantly a thousant ideas go in his mind of the different ways he can use his body to manipulate his board, great perspective on skating/ andrew reynolds-reynolds will never cease to continute pushing the boundaries of skating, he can flip his board over any gap u can imagine, and he always does so with style and grace, he is the only skater who jumps down massive shit and also does so while making it look good, he recently backside flipped wallenburg, HOLY SHIT!

but yeah, if anyone here is into skating and hasnt seen the lakai video yet, you need too now, the whole thing was a mindblow, i couldnt believe the tricks that were being done, its gonna take a while for the rest of the skating industry to catch up after this one, (p.s. soundtrack is pretty good too:arcade fire, bad brains, love, flaming lips, echo and bunnymen, judas priest, 3 6 mafia, public enemy, etc...)

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 01:05 AM   #2
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
bam margera.

he's so angry at his parents it's cute. and when i say it's cute i mean he makes me want to vomit.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 01:19 AM   #3
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
my older cousin dario c. 1981, wearing the striped tube socks pulled up all the way and those tight shorts with the stripe down the side... skating in his neighbors pool.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 01:25 AM   #4
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Rodney Mullen is the top by far. He totally has his own style and is insanely talented. Just look him up on youtube.
Old 03.04.2008, 04:10 AM   #5
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Most of mine are mentioned already.

The Gonz
Rodney Mullen
Chris Haslam
Jason Dill
Ali Boulala
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 05:04 AM   #6
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
haha...mullen was far better, as well as more "technical" in the 80's, than most skaters are now.

shit, the dudes what, 40 something...and still better now than most yuonger skaters.

so odd.

love mullen.
Yes, virtual high-five.
Mullen is a legend, there's this awesome freestyle video of him on youtube doing this crazy shit like doing continuous switches (no breaks) and it looks like he's spinning in a circle really fast but he's moving forward at the same time.
Old 03.04.2008, 05:17 AM   #7
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not much of an expert but mullen is my fav too. In a way he reminds me of sonic youth, both do crazy mind blowing stuff that almost deceit the eye, all while keeping total control.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 09:03 AM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
mike fuckin vallely? u have to be joking, that guy is a fucking meathead head jock who does lame hand stand tricks and shit.

listen to pink reason
Old 03.04.2008, 09:05 AM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

and rodney fuckin mullen? sure hes good but how much fucking flatground freestyle tricks can u watch? if ima watch some ultimate technical dude gimme daewon song any day

listen to pink reason
Old 03.04.2008, 09:33 AM   #10
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
1. Tom Penny
2. Geoff Rowley
3. Jerry Hsu
4. Ollie Todd
5. Daniel Shimizu
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 09:38 AM   #11
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
old footage of tom penny, i love his style -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVWzBe0DSk8
Old 03.04.2008, 10:34 AM   #12
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Tommy Guerrero
Lance Mountain
Danny Way
Christian Hosoi
Gator
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 12:11 PM   #13
batreleaser
invito al cielo

yes tom penny is a legend, i love that clip of him where he shuts down some spot with like a gate to hop over and then some super steep bank, in the same say he hot switch ollie, front side slip, switch flip, switch frontside flip, 360 flip, backside flip, cab, nollie cab, and switch backside flip, in the SAME FUCKING DAY, it was nutsss.

listen to pink reason
Old 03.04.2008, 12:16 PM   #14
batreleaser
invito al cielo

also, heres my top 5 newer skate rats:

1. jerry hsu-his part in the enjoi vid will go down as one of the best of all time, great style, great trick selection, and hes a beast, he takes the worst slams ive ever seen.

2. spanky-i just like him.

3. anthony poppalardo-used to just be a josh kalis wannabe, now hes a fucking gnarly as fuck nyc street dog, skates crazy stuff, love his part in the new lakai video, he skates to bad brains in it.

4. clark hassler-total hippy, nice chilled out style, hes the skater in panda bear's comfy in nautica vid.

5. lewis marnell-waaaay underrated, this kid skates fast, pops his board like a motherfucker, his got switch backside flips on lock, his part in the nike video was dope, and hes gonna be coming up hard this yeat. and he skates while smoking joints, thats sick.

listen to pink reason
Old 03.04.2008, 12:18 PM   #15
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i can't do top 5 as i don't know enough about the sport, but i like the Z-Boys, they had great style.

screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 01:44 PM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am old. My favorite skater has always been RODNEY MULLEN
inventor of hundreds of tricks, insane master of street skate.
the MAN

the best of rodney mullen
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1U-cgn3cEGA
Old 03.04.2008, 02:56 PM   #17
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
mike fuckin vallely? u have to be joking, that guy is a fucking meathead head jock who does lame hand stand tricks and shit.

haha, you hit the nail right on the head there. Mike V is a gimp.

I stopped skatin about 2 years ago and I've kind of lost touch with it now; I always get the urge to start again though. The only videos I really remember are Flip Sorry and Yeah Right. I don't have a top 5 but I always liked Andrew Reynolds and Ali Boulala's part in sorry kicked ass.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 02:57 PM   #18
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
yes tom penny is a legend, i love that clip of him where he shuts down some spot with like a gate to hop over and then some super steep bank, in the same say he hot switch ollie, front side slip, switch flip, switch frontside flip, 360 flip, backside flip, cab, nollie cab, and switch backside flip, in the SAME FUCKING DAY, it was nutsss.

yea, i heard a story about him as a young lad skating a park in england (can't remember which one), and he was apparently killing this mini-ramp for bloody ages. in the meantime the whole park had a power cut, everyone stopped skating cos it was so dark. about ten minute's later the light's came back on midway through a noseblunt or something. he was skating like nothing happened whatsoever, like he was in a trance or something. best skater i've ever seen.
Old 03.04.2008, 03:10 PM   #19
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
1) the dude outside the mall
2) the dude in the park
3) the dude down the street
4) the dude in the next street
5) the dude i saw when i stepped off the train last Tuesday (Steve i think his name was)
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 03:15 PM   #20
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
bam margera.

he's so angry at his parents it's cute. and when i say it's cute i mean he makes me want to vomit.

i want him dead. i'm not sorry.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth