Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Survey for my sonic peeps! SONIC LIFE!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.07.2008, 05:31 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
What is yr favorite candy bar?

What is yr least favorite candy bar?

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself?

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out?

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with?

what do you use to sweeten yr beverages?

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies?

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable?

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle?
Old 03.07.2008, 05:34 PM   #2
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
What is yr favorite candy bar? Anything with white chocolate

What is yr least favorite candy bar? I dunno, I don't eat many.

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself? Batman! I used to wear one a lot

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out? Obscure

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with? The only people that share the same musical interests as me live far away. Except one of my mates.

what do you use to sweeten yr beverages? Nothing, I drink black coffee with no sugar.

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies? Yup

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable? Hmm. A bit of both.

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle? Maybe. He'll have to make 1000 hilarious jokes about it first.
Answers in red.
Old 03.07.2008, 05:36 PM   #3
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
what is yr favorite candy bar?
hmmm... reese's? it's not really a bar, but yeah.

any with coconut.

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself?
a witch. as always.

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out?
depends. it's all relative, dude.

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with?
i honestly don't have a single friend that doesn't at least LIKE sy.

equal.

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies?
i've been to forums with all hot girls. i'm not suggesting lots of the girls here aren't hot.. good god.. nefeli and flophouse and emmah right off the top of my head, but yeah... there's hotness everywhere.

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable?
both. i have to be busy. but i long to be relaxed.

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle?
i'm staying out of that!
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
What is yr favorite candy bar? The only one that really works for a vegan diet is the Planter's peanut bar, which is Ok at best.

What is yr least favorite candy bar? Charleston Chew is pretty gross if memory serves.

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself? Pinhead and/or other cenobites.

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out? Obtuse, buried in FX or mix. That way they don't ruin the song if they're fucking stupid.

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with? I have an abundance of nerdly associates.

what do you use to sweeten yr beverages? Generally go unsweetened.

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies? No argument.

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable? Other than enjoying playing and putting on rock shows, a life of travel and leisure sounds pretty fun. I need to be active though; I couldn't sit around all the time.

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle? It does not appear to have computed yet, though I commend him for not "working blue."
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 05:56 PM   #5
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
What is yr favorite candy bar? Mr. Goodbar

Anything with almonds

Dave from 2001

Depends, both have their place

Alone in the sonic sea, with an occasional cruise ship

Sugar

Yes. Without a doubt. Sonic Girls are the best, above all the rest.

life of leisre

No, but he should.
Instigator has no equal. floatings lines flow like treacle.
Old 03.07.2008, 05:59 PM   #6
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
What is yr favorite candy bar? Snickers

What is yr least favorite candy bar? Something from England

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself? Snoopy

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out? More often than not, I like to
make out the lyrics. Some lyricists shouldn't be heard clearly, though.

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with? The only people
who share my tastes, bar one special exception, are all on the Internet.

what do you use to sweeten yr beverages? Nothing

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies? It's not just you.

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable? As appealing as the first scenario sounds,
I'd feel like a lazy shithead after awhile.

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle? I'd smash you both, but I've retired from the battle circuit.
Old 03.07.2008, 06:02 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
love yr sig pic jennthebenn

PM me with your thoughts on brett favre
Old 03.07.2008, 06:08 PM   #8
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
What is yr favorite candy bar? Snickers

What is yr least favorite candy bar? Something from England

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself? Snoopy

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out? More often than not, I like to
make out the lyrics. Some lyricists shouldn't be heard clearly, though.

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with? The only people
who share my tastes, bar one special exception, are all on the Internet.

what do you use to sweeten yr beverages? Nothing

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies? It's not just you.

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable? As appealing as the first scenario sounds,
I'd feel like a lazy shithead after awhile.

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle? I'd smash you both, but I've retired from the battle circuit.

where are your pics?! i've never seen one!
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 06:20 PM   #9
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses

Abba-Zabba, if that counts. Kind of masochist by way of the taffy but I love it with the peanut butter. Who ever invented it is a genius amongst men.

Mounds/Almond Joy. I don't like cocanut, whether it has an almond or not is irrelevant as the cocanut already ensures that it sucks.

I was always a zombie for Halloween as a kid, I can't think of anything superior.

Both can be done well and both can be done poorly. Most of the music I listen to is the latter but some is the former.

I post on the Non-Sonic music board, right? When it comes to IRL, I like to turn people onto bands so in a sense I'm carving my own canoe and heading for mainland.

I usually don't sweeten my drinks but I do put honey in my coffee from time to time.

Yes, SY board chicks are strangely hotter than the average lady. As for other forum ladies, I don't know. I try to keep my internet use centralized.

I think I like a balance. If I spend too much time leaisuring, I start to feel dumber, unhealthy, and depressed. However, if I am too active in the world I'll start to feel overwhelmed and I'll quickly demand my space. I remember this put some people off when I lived in the dorms as sometimes I would say that I wouldn't like to go out to a party on whatever night. By nature, I suppose I'm more inclined to solitary activities which I then have to overcome at times.

Do either of you know that your rap battle is comical to my trans-stellar skillz?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 06:29 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i usually don't do candybars, but if i must: PAYDAY.

ALMOND JOY. HATE THE FUCKIN ARTIFICIAL COCONUT.

BATMAN, BUT WITH THE WORKING GADGETS

DEPENDS. MOSTLY CLEAR. THE OBTUSE ONES ARE OFTEN WANKERY, BUT NOT ALWAYS.

DOING PRETTY GOOD

ALMOST NEVER SWEETEN THEM. WHEN I DO: RAW SUGAR

MMMMM....! CALENDAR!! WATCH OUT PIRELLI!

I DONT NEE TO "FEEL VALUABLE" BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT STUFF AROUND ME. I LOVE GREAT FOOD, READING, SEX, ETC, BUT I ALSO LOVE SHAKING SHIT UP.

I THINK HE THREW THE TOWEL, YES
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 06:30 PM   #11
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
where are your pics?! i've never seen one!

all the way back on page 576...i'm slackin'.
Old 03.07.2008, 07:16 PM   #12
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
uh...

i have no idea.

hannibal lecter probably

quadrangular

i have some people, but sometiems i really like to be alone.

cinnamon, etc.

yeah nicfit where is that calendar?

middle term of those two.

i have no idea of what you're talking about.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 07:37 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
uh...

i have no idea.

candy bars are these american versions of the chocolate.

usually they have little chocolate, lots of sugar, and other crap like caramel, goo, grease coat, etc.

however, a candy bar requires no chocolate-- eg. payday, which is peanuts in caramel.

--
ps oh yea look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_bar

ps- from the list posted there, i'll take toblerone over anything else.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 07:45 PM   #14
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
oh, i know what it is, i just cant pick one.
kinder bueno, maybe.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 09:59 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I refuse to take this poll.

I refuse to believe the NONSENSE that YOU PEOPLE are throwing down about my WINNING rap battle against the lil' skipper.

the only person in this thread that has an OUNCE of REAL STREET CRED is jeanthebean and I for one am glad that she's too chicken to go....how do you say in inglaze "toe-to-toe"?

eat my interstellar fuck, you rabid pack of lemmings.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2008, 01:07 AM   #16
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
What is yr favorite candy bar? Zagnut

What is yr least favorite candy bar? I don't know, I rarely meet a candy bar I don't like. I'd probably have to say 3 Musketeers, although I like them in moderation.

If you could pick the very best, most excellent costume to wear as a kid back in the day, what would you pick for yourself? A Star Wars or Indiana Jones costume.

Do you like lyrics that are clear and straighforward, or do you prefer lyrics to be obtuse and hard to make out? I like a mix.

Do you sometimes feel all alone, like an island in the sonic sea, or do you have many people that you share yr musical love with? Sometimes. I'm the only one here who thinks Gary Wilson is a genius

what do you use to sweeten yr beverages? I don't sweeten my beverages. If I'm making lemonade I'll put sugar, but I don't add something to a beverage to make it sweet. Unless I'm having a mixed drink of some sort. I like rum and colas and eggnogs and bourbon or rum.

Is it just me or do you agree that a calendar of "The Girls of the Sonic Youth Forum" would have much more delicious HOTNESS than any other comparative band's forum ladies? I agree

Are you the type of person that, if all things were equal, would be very content leading a life of leisure, reading, listening to music, eating great food, or are you someone that has to actively be involved in the world around you to feel valuable? I don't quite get your drift. But if you mean what I think you mean, I'd feel pretty nice just eating, reading, listening to music, and eating great food, but I think I'd feel slightly frustrated that I couldn't pursue any creative interests.

Does floatingslowly know that he is outclassed and outmatched in our Interstellar Rap Battle? Yes
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2008, 01:13 AM   #17
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

usually they have little chocolate, lots of sugar, and other crap like caramel, goo, grease coat, etc.

however, a candy bar requires no chocolate-- eg. payday, which is peanuts in caramel.

--

Toblerone should not count. It is way too awesome to be a candy bar.
Old 03.08.2008, 01:13 AM   #18
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

--

Toblerone should not count. It is way too awesome to be a candy bar, and it isn't the right shape. Also, Lindt truffle bars are not candy bars because they are actually candy squares arranged in a bar and should not count.
Old 03.08.2008, 01:38 AM   #19
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
uhhhm none? i like fruit candy like starbursts

mounds

skeleton

obtuse

no all my friends and i have fairly similar taste

sugar

perhaps

no i'm fine with just chilling

he does now
Old 03.08.2008, 02:03 AM   #20
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
i'll do this when i have time. im waiting for my lady girl to arrive

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth