Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page survey about men's preferences concerning women's body types
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.13.2008, 02:47 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The magazine FHM did an online survey of 60,000 of it's subscribers. (link to article about this here)

The mag found that when shown pictures of three bikini-clad models, four out of five men said they were more attracted to the size 12 and size 14 models than the model who was a slimmer size 8.
The majority of votes went to the size 12 woman, with 41% saying that she had the body shape of their "ideal girlfriend". Almost as many men voted for the Nigella Lawson-esque size 14 model.
"A piddling 20% of readers selected our size eight model pictured as their ideal girl-physique," wrote FHM editor Ben Smithurst.

The image below is of three women, size 8, 12, and 14.

while of course they are all beauties, my dowsing-cock rod is pointed directly to the right.
Old 05.13.2008, 02:49 PM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
these are english sizes not american ones obviously.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 02:50 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
those 2 on the right are good. the one in the middle looks slightly better, the one on the right im sure feels better.

about the left one-- i'm scared of her pointy knees.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 02:51 PM   #4
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
The one in the middle is hot.
Old 05.13.2008, 02:55 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
FHM subscribers are the perfect sample population to represent all men!

I go with the middle, but since I'm a chronically skinny fuck I guess I'll have to go with the left because most chicks I know prefer guys the same size or larger than they are.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 03:00 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
very true.

of course FHM is not the be all and end all of male taste, but at least it was not the closet gays that read Details answering this survey! ha ha! They just want a woman with a fat cock!

as far as clothing sizes go, thy are all fucked uyp now, both british, american, haute couture, etc. they have skewed them to the larger sizes so as to prey upon weak women's desire to delude themselves that their size 10 is actually a size 10.

I go to vintage stores with my girlfriend, and I did with my ex wife. It is easy to see how the sizing has ahcnged. a size 12 in 1950 would be labeled a size 8 now, or smaller. and so on.
Old 05.13.2008, 03:04 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

and I would think that FHM readers would skew more towards the typical hollywood rail thin vision of "beauty"

Keira Knightley is admittedly a beautiful, beautiful woman, lucky to be born with such a face and skin, but damn, the coke-head look just makes me ill

if you cover her bikini with your fingers it really looks like a man, a runner, or a marathoner

Old 05.13.2008, 03:15 PM   #8
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Almost as many men voted for the Nigella Lawson-esque size 14 model.

I'd have to think very hard to come up with a woman that's sexier than Nigella Lawson, I must say.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 03:28 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
And I'm a big girl w/tits, so I can say that based on experience.

yummy...

you're my favorite boardie of course
Old 05.13.2008, 03:30 PM   #10
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i like a nice tummy on a girl. thats why i like the size 14

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 03:30 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

i know lots of guys that do, but likemost things, most guys pick who they like based on what everyone tells them is the one to pick.

virgins and inexperienced men tend to pick with their eyes and not with what they know will feel FABULOUS in bed.
Old 05.13.2008, 03:31 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I like thighs and legs and curves
Old 05.13.2008, 03:32 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
virgins and inexperienced men tend to pick with their eyes and not with what they know will feel FABULOUS in bed.

AMEN BROTHER
Old 05.13.2008, 03:34 PM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Based on that pic in Rob's first post, I think guys are only saying they prefer the size 14 due to her having tits. If you put those tits on the size 8 they would prefer that. The models they chose are all naturally beautiful, which is a nice change for FHM. But, I don't know any guys that honestly prefer big girls to small ones except maybe !@#$%! and Instigator. And I'm a big girl w/tits, so I can say that based on experience.

I think you'd be surprised at the amount of guys that like bigger women. And let's face it, a size 14 is only 'big' by media standards.

And it's definitely not just a tits thing. Hips is where it'll always be IMO.

I dunno, maybe it's an age thing. I'm in my late 30s and most of my friends of that age have similar taste.

The fact that I'm currently going out with a skinny 21 year old should be entirely disregarded for the purposes of this argument. As the Stones once said ... you can't always get what you want.
Old 05.13.2008, 03:36 PM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
i know lots of guys that do, but likemost things, most guys pick who they like based on what everyone tells them is the one to pick.

Absolutely! I wholeheartedly agree with every point in this post.
Old 05.13.2008, 04:06 PM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Based on that pic in Rob's first post, I think guys are only saying they prefer the size 14 due to her having tits. If you put those tits on the size 8 they would prefer that. The models they chose are all naturally beautiful, which is a nice change for FHM. But, I don't know any guys that honestly prefer big girls to small ones except maybe !@#$%! and Instigator. And I'm a big girl w/tits, so I can say that based on experience.

Hey hey there womanperson - Just because !"£$% and Herr Instigator have horn-o-vision tacked onto all of their posts doesn't mean that some of us don't also enjoy the finer things in life. Some of us just find their endless, interminable displays of alleged 'masculinity' reprehensible.

As has been pointed out by Herr 'often agreeable to Herr Glice' Rail, all of those ladies are gorgeous. Personally, size 12 is my absolute lower limit (as a scrawny shit myself, I might add) but those women are my no means representative of women in totality. I've 'known' size 18s who were astonishingly beautiful - doesn't mean they all are.

And, for the record, I'm currently rocking a size 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 04:10 PM   #17
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Hey hey there womanperson - Just because !"£$% and Herr Instigator have horn-o-vision tacked onto all of their posts doesn't mean that some of us don't also enjoy the finer things in life. Some of us just find their endless, interminable displays of alleged 'masculinity' reprehensible.

As has been pointed out by Herr 'often agreeable to Herr Glice' Rail, all of those ladies are gorgeous. Personally, size 12 is my absolute lower limit (as a scrawny shit myself, I might add) but those women are my no means representative of women in totality. I've 'known' size 18s who were astonishingly beautiful - doesn't mean they all are.

And, for the record, I'm currently rocking a size 16.

In my experience, men have absolutely no clue when it comes to working out what size a woman is. Perhaps this is to do with the bizarre inconsistency of sizing policy in high street stores, but I don't credit them all with such fashion savvy. I suspect it's more a case of 'she's not stick thin but I still fancy her, what age is hot? 16. A size 16 she is then'.
Old 05.13.2008, 04:13 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucious is sex
In my experience, men have absolutely no clue when it comes to working out what size a woman is. Perhaps this is to do with the bizarre inconsistency of sizing policy in high street stores, but I don't credit them all with such fashion savvy. I suspect it's more a case of 'she's not stick thin but I still fancy her, what age is hot? 16. A size 16 she is then'.

A fair point indeed. I can assure you, however, that I wouldn't bother saying 'she's a size 16' if she wasn't a size 16. Or, at least, that's the size of the dress I recently bought her. So myeurgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 04:14 PM   #19
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucious is sex

I don't know what guys you're basing that on, but I hope I never have the misfortune of being associated with them. Unless they're 16 themselves. In which case, what would anyone expect?
Old 05.13.2008, 04:15 PM   #20
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, but do you know it fits? Ah ha!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth