Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Wierd x-rated dream I had last night, freudian analysis anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2006, 03:34 PM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
So in my dream I was on ebay. But I ebay had people on it too. Sort of like a personals site where you have to pay to talk to people. So I clicked on a girl and it did Buy it Now and I was like "oh fuck." So the next morning this 19 year old girl was on my couch spread eagle and pantless, and she's says "this is my first time doing this." I ask her if she is on birth control and she says no. I tell her that I don't have a condom so I'd have to pull out early. I then tell her I'm a virgin, and we start having sex. But it was really really unpleasureful. I was in priapismic pain, and I could also feel the pain of her hymen breaking. I pulled out, but then went back in. It was terrible. I didn't ejaculate. I never do in dreams.

From there the dream sort of got blurry. It was sort of in story mode. Apparently we kept doing it from there and kept seeing eachother. Then she was broke up with me and so I was looking on ebay again, and saw it this 2nd time for the filthy site it really was.

But then I wanted her back, so she invited me to this big huge scary old duplex house of her grandfathers. But she really wasn't arousing me--she was different now with blonde curly hair, not as attractive, and sort of annoying. Everytime we'd try something, there would be someone there in the room.

I then remember some older guy had sex with her and I could see it and he screamed out his social security number. Apparently in this odd future world I found myself in, that was part of having sex, like you had to be validated from now on.

I also remember a bar being behind the duplex with a glowing neon PIXIES. sign that looked really awesome. It looked like a part of a landscape of a former dream I had.

I also remember driving around a golf course.

Another dream seemed to fade in and out. I remember being alone and from a first person perspective exploring a mos eisley/american western town. The terrain and building layouts reminded me of old crappy first person shooters, like Lucasarts Outlaws.

I remember though no enemies in this town, but I remember finding a town meeting of people. It seemed very 1800ish utopian society like. They were looking for a girl, and I wasn't certain if she was a young girl or an older girl, but they said she was the most beautiful girl in the hair. I said, "Does she have brown hair?" They said yes. So I started looking in the halls of this building. I remember finding a bunch of chairs and stuff blocking the hall (very Half-life esque) So I moved them all and found a little girl alone in the dark kitchen. She definitely wasn't the most beautiful girl. But I remember she insulted me. The dream began to fade out and into the main dream here.

Something always goes wrong in my sex dreams. I never have a condom and something immediately bad happens.

I think I'm either afraid of sex, afraid of STDs, afraid of impregnating a woman and then being locked into a marriage from one stupid mistake. Or my subconsciousness is telling me that I should carry around condoms because sex strikes when you'd never expect it to.

For reference, I once had a dream where I had sex with this blonde girl that also happened to be 19 (I think I have a fascination with that age of women) in that dream she rode on top of me and turned into a monster during the problem. After the sex she transformed back to herself and I felt bonded to her, and upon meeting meeting real girls(the main girl is always one I have never met before) that I had former crushes on later in the dream, I had to hold myself back from hitting on them. I think I have unresolved issues with a lot of girls that I once had crushes on.

In last nights dream, the sex scene was missionary. So when I am on the bottom the girl turns into a scary dominant monster, when I am on top it is painful. I think I have a fear of a girl dominating my life (not neccesarily sexually, I know I don't fear that) but I also have a fear of being an initiator in relationships.

I always try to write songs about my incredibly vivid dreams, I'll probably do that sometime soon.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:40 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
feudian analisys? you think with your dick and it's all your mother's fault.

you had a rad dream though, go write it or something, make a book out of it.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:42 PM   #3
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
So in my dream I was on ebay.
Wow. That's the last place I expected the dream to start.

I have no insight into dreams. But that sounded a bit like Jacob's Ladder. Perhaps you were involved in a chemical accident? I never remember my dreams.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
I had a dream the other night my mouth was full of finger nail clippings. Horrible.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:48 PM   #5
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
your just cuckoo, thats all. just kidding, its a very strange dream you should write a dream diary when you wake up and see if you have anything else like this one happen.

well i guess a lot can happen in dreams and we have absolutely no control over it whatsoever. the other night i dreamt i was deep frying brocoli.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Were you actually the deep frying brocoli, or frying it?

Does it matter?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 03:54 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Get a dream diary. Write it down in the hypnogogic stage (when you first wake up). Don't think about what you're writing, just try and get it all out. You can't really make much of an analysis of this dream when you've written it in the cold light of day, with an eye for the kind of people that're reading it.

I suspect there's a few things in there, but I don't think it's anything more serious than a general sense of anxiety... although the fact that it's quite vivid either means that you're an artist, or there's something more to it that you're not saying, or probably both.

You're not fucked up any more than a normal person though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 04:03 PM   #8
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Deep-fried broccoli is amazing.
Old 05.26.2006, 04:04 PM   #9
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
"I then remember some older guy had sex with her and I could see it and he screamed out his social security number. Apparently in this odd future world I found myself in, that was part of having sex, like you had to be validated from now on. "

This is great, like something from a Philip K. Dick novel.

Also, I've had Half-Life 2 dreams. It's a vivid game that sticks with you.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 04:04 PM   #10
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Deep-fried broccoli is amazing.

it is but what a weird fucking dream that was.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 04:11 PM   #11
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I have decently vivid dreams. Sometimes more frequently than others. Vivid dreams can also make me recall older dreams that I never really explored.

I do write a lot of songs, and I use a lot of my dream imagery in my songs. I've had some dreams that people would call premonitions as well.

My first steamy car dream was about a week or two before I had a steamy car experience. I had a dream about a hawk killing another bird, and a few days later a hawk ate my sister's pet duck.

I have a lot of common themes in my dream:
the ability to fly
public nudity
driving without a license at a really slow speed
big old houses
(I've had all of these since I was a child)

Some more recent things:
science fiction themes
gore- I had a dream recently with a carcass hanging from a tree in my backyard, I also had a dream where there were zombies in the forest
being displaced from my house and breaking back in
transformation (into a wolf)

I always seem to be breaking the boundaries of my childhood in my dreams. Going into the attic or basement and finding them to be huge.
Going into the woods
Going north on the road past the farthest point I have been to find large nameless towns.
Old 05.26.2006, 04:12 PM   #13
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I think i've had dreams along those lines before.... it's always weird to wake up during a dream... during the part of the dream where the girl is riding you... then you're just confused and morning wood-ed.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 04:18 PM   #14
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
I then remember some older guy had sex with her and I could see it and he screamed out his social security number. Apparently in this odd future world I found myself in, that was part of having sex, like you had to be validated from now on

that bit made me laugh out loud. Sounds like you've got great imagination
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 04:30 PM   #15
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I had a driving-without-a-license dream, back when I didn't have one. But it wasn't so much driving as it was helplessly sitting in the drivers seat while the car was in neutral and couldn't reach the pedal.

Semi-based on a real life experience. I was in the back seat of a car with no driver, on an iced over road at the edge of a cliff, and the tire friction gave for a few seconds before it rested peacfully against a snow bank. Traumatic experience.
Old 05.26.2006, 05:48 PM   #16
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Here is another interesting thing. My earliest dreams are just as clear to me as my earliest memories, and until I realized, I translated some as memories.
Old 05.26.2006, 08:24 PM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The overwhelming majority of the signals that the brain receives from the environment are never processed into conscious activity. The ego prohibits one from seeing more of reality because it is usually screened out as too frightening.

When we sleep, however, these unprocessed stimuli assume the form of our dreams. It is an attempt by our whole brain to understand the mind's true unconscious contents.

Upon awakening, we usually cannot remember our dreams & the ones we can remember we remember through the filter of our conscious minds, so they once again become embellished. most only see their existence as if through a tiny aperture.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead seems to have a grasp of this principle as he engaged in self-analysis of the dream. he also seems to remember more about his dreams than most people do. I take this as a sign that he perhaps has less conscious fear, & perhaps more of a connection to the unconscious than many. usually this is a hallmark trait of the creative individual.

I haven't written anything in this post to interpret the dream & it's more of a Jungian desciption of the nature of dreams than Freudian. I had my own theory of what dreams were before I ever read Jung; it was nice to get confirmation. It's besides the point, but interesting (at least to myself) to note that Jung made Freud faint...twice.

Some researchers believe that the unconscious signals in dreaming are like random feedback loops of unprocessed material & this is what makes dreams a non-linear hodge-podge. I feel that this is a misnomer & that they simply do not understand the distinctions between dreaming & waking consciousness to the extent that they should. Many scientists, not all but many, are threatened by the "religious" & the simple fact of it all is that God is trying to communicate with the dreamer, but the dreamer never understands very much of the message upon awaking & form their own image of what the dream was as they remember.

All researchers uniformly assert that deep restful rem sleep is extremely important for overall physical & mental well-being & express deep concerns that most members of society are sleep-deprived.

CNN recently aired "Sleep" with Dr. Sanjay Gupta that I watched because the Laurie Anderson Club gave me a heads-up that she appeared in the hour-long special report.

Now, Laurie is a buddhist. In my mind, she is a true bodhisttva. The Tibetan Book of the Dead is like an ancient Science of Death, but it can also be applied to dream interpretation. Jung also understood how arcetypal symbols & patterns present in ancient books of wisdom were manifested in dreams. The sexual nature of SpectralJulianIsNotDead's dream signifies, according to the Book of the Dead inference, that he understands only up to a certain level what the dream was about really. To his credit though, he was able to derive an important lesson from the dream (the part about always having condoms on hand). Dreams definitely can predict future events. Freudian analysis interprets only up to the primally sexual level as well & chooses to ignore some of the more spiritual aspects of dreaming. One of my little aphorisms is that Freud was like the Elvis of psychology. His The Interpretation of Dreams from 1900 opened up the doors to a wider understanding, but a far from complete one. Thus Freud provides tools for understanding & not the all-inclusive (& ever-elusive) truth. Freud's insights were mainly derived from intensive psychological study of the ancient Greek tragedians. The numerous books you can readily purchase at any book store dealing with dream interpretation are largely a bunch of watered-down new age hooey.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/sleep/
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/03/09/gupta.sleep/
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...22/ltm.19.html

some of the part with Laurie:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...24/acd.02.html

I tend to have these dreams that were really super vivid, long. And I -- sort of an epic, and so I decided to draw them -- completely out of self-defense so that I wouldn't just have a kind of big mental meltdown, living in my own private theater.

If I had to really say what my dreams were about, I would say I'm thinking about those things that are going through my mind during the day in a slightly different way, looking at them in a different way. And sometimes obsessing or sometimes attaching them to emotions that I didn't realize I had.

For me, it's fun to take something very literally like, well, are you influenced by your dreams? Yes. Well, what are your dreams? And than really try to see what they are.

- Laurie Anderson
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:26 PM   #18
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
after watching waking life i had a dream where i realized it was a dream but nothing else happened. there was a large flight of stairs and some people walking around. no lucid dreams yet. i used to remember alot of my dreams but lately my brain and i seem to be in a general lull.

i can still remember a couple of dreams from when i was 5 or so. one was a cowboy dream where i was running from the bad cowboy in the desert and found the good cowboy who was standing tall with a branding iron and a bale of hay for me to hide behind. when the evil one caught up to us i was safely behind the hay and the good cb got rid of the bcb.

when i was 4 or so i used to imagine the sound of my body's inner happenings(the sound of silence) was a signal to all of the monsters and bad folks to show them where i was.

also when i would pee that song "i always feel like someone is watching me" would be in my head and it would make me nervous. sorry for the digression
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:31 PM   #19
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
also when i would pee that song "i always feel like someone is watching me" would be in my head and it would make me nervous.

you mean the song by Rockwell with Michael Jackson guesting, no doubt.

haha

...sounds like a manifestation of being uncomfortable with one's creatureliness, hence being uncomfortable with death. That's all very natural really. At least your conscious isn't so unsettled as to block the manifestation.

Quote:
when i was 4 or so i used to imagine the sound of my body's inner happenings(the sound of silence) was a signal to all of the monsters and bad folks to show them where i was

God speaks to us in the silences. Unfortunately, neither the environment or our brains are ever silent usually & meditation, as a result, is a tall order. The "monsters" you were worried about were manifestations of death, which is only natural after all, & one should ideally never be afraid of it, but we all are, hence the lives we lead in error.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:05 PM   #20
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
all researchers uniformly assert that deep restful sleep of at least nine hours at a time is extremely important for overall physical & mental well-being & express deep concerns that most members of society are sleep-deprived.

I sleep a lot more than the average person. It is really hard for me to get up with less than 8 hours of sleep, and I actually prefer 9 to 11. If I am averaging less than 8 hours a night, it is a big indicator that I'm depressed. If I haven't had a dream for a considerable ammount of time, that is another indicator of depression for me.

I should probably mention that I've had very few nightmares. A lot of gruesome images in my dreams don't translate as scary to me. For example, there was a dream where I turned into a wolf and ran into the woods and past a bunch of zombies. I don't really remember being afraid. I kept running because I knew they were dangerous, but I wasn't disturbed by them.

Here are 3 nightmares I've had that stick out to me for one reason or the other.

1. The first that really sticks out to me was from when I was five. I was in my house and Nosferatu was chasing me. Nothing really sticks out about it too much, except one thing. I had a part where all of the action stopped and I was presented with a choice of which direction to run. I made my choice, which happened to lead me into scarier circumstances and waking up. Having time visibly stop has been the most unreal thing that has ever happened to me in a dream, but I accepted it as completely normal.

2. The second was the first dream in which I nearly lost my life. It was right after that gas attack on the subway in japan and during the OJ trial. My best friend of mine Chris, this girl named Gina, and I believe this girl Kristen, and I were walking to Pittsburgh (which would have been a 30 mile walk). We were supposed to go with the whole class but went by ourselves for some reason. I should mention the town didn't resemble Pittsburgh at all. It was a small brick town surrounded by grass plains made entirely of one story buildings. Very western looking, but in a much more lush setting. We were walking down a yellow brick road and we could see it in the distance. It didn't take us long to get there, and when we did I saw the rest of my class marching together singing the "Winnie the Pooh" theme. I thought this was juvenile at the time and stayed away from them. So Gina and Chris said come in this alley with me. I said "no, people get shot in back alleys." So I stayed on the mainstreet. I remember seeing a blonde mother and a blonde little boy getting out of a subway car (which doesn't make sense because I was street level.) Then I saw a black OJ'ish man in a trench coat pull out a gun and starting shooting at everyone. I remember seeing the mother and her son get killed, and I remember being shot and falling to the ground. As I was blacking out, I could see the cars drive by, including several cop cars and I hoped to be saved.

Some interesting consequences of that dream: I seem to remember hearing that you couldn't die in your dreams or you would die in real life. I think I wanted to prove that wrong, which might have led me to dreaming this, which coincidentally didn't prove it wrong because I blacked out before I could die and the dream ended. Some of my dreams tend to be very ironic, this one especially with the staying away from the alley not wanting to get shot thing.

3. This is a short section of a dream I had the other night (the rest of which wasn't nearly as interesting)
About two or three nights ago. I had a dream where I had a camera. I was in a haunted house. So I started snapping pictures. Then I started seeing ghosts. Then I was on the floor with my eyes closed and my hand in the sky. Despite my eyes being closed though, I could still tell the ghosts were all around me because they were so bright that I could see the light through the translucence of my eyelids.

Most of my other nightmares have just been flashbacks of sorts to traumatic events. I was mugged once, so I've had dreams about it happening again. I've had enemies before, so I have had dreams about them being reinvolved with my life.

I should probably also mention that in my early adolescence I had several dreams in which I have realized I was dreaming, argued with people over whether or not I was dreaming, then awoken myself by saying "wake up" exactly 3 times. Which thinking about it now makes a lot of sense to me - beetlejuice, ruby slippers, the trinity. Sometimes I would wake up, other times I would wake up into another dream.

In incredibly rare circumstances, I have realized that I have dreaming and realizing waking up would not be taking full advantage of the dream and in doing so I started to look for sex.

My earliest sex dream was at about age 9. I remember seeing news reports about a female rapist and then a woman jump on a fat businessman in the middle of the street, rip her shirt open exposing her bra, and forcefully kissing him.

I don't recall having nearly as many sex dreams during puberty as I do now though. I think that is mainly because my sexual curiosity was acted out mainly in late night fantasies. I had stormtrooper toys, and I fantasized about their wives. What kind of haircuts, hair color, eye color, and what color underwear they wore. I couldn't really imagine what they looked like naked, because I could what they looked like in lingerie. I also remember the morning fantasy I had looking up at the cracks in my plaster ceiling and seeing a female figure in one of the patterns. My other two fantasies were a Star Wars city with all sorts of outer space chicks to have sex with and another where I was the last man on earth and I had to mass impregnate.

Thinking back on my 10-13 year old fantasies, it is funny, I really focused on all the different types of women there were in the world and why I was attracted to all of them, and how their looks correlated to their personality as well. My sexual dreams now reflect that, the fictitious women are not recurring and all of them seem to have different personalities and physical attributes(what also intrigues me is half of them look nothing like any woman I have ever met). I do dream about non-fictitious women, and they can recurr.

As you can see, I really love talking about my childhood as well as the memories of dreams I have had.

There are several things in my life to suggest to me that I may have what is known as a "photographic" memory, but I'm not quite sure if I do. I remember in school, I was quite good at retaining information and spewing it back out for tests with no study and get the highest grade in the class (to the frustration of others on curved tests) I also can remember stupid things I see on educational programs, and when I was little I would describe movies to people scene by scene.

I'm not sure if any of my dreams have been God communicating with me atari, but I do believe there is a supernatural element to dreams in that phenomena such as deja vu are heavily related.

Quote:
also when i would pee that song "i always feel like someone is watching me" would be in my head and it would make me nervous

Funny you mention that, I've had multiple dreams in which I've urinated and then I immediately went to the bathroom upon waking up so I could wash my hands.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth