Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page ANWR-a non subject
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.02.2008, 11:52 AM   #1
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Ya know, I think we might as well open ANWR and get it done with.

Why?

Because the oil companies aren't going to bid for leases! They have never asked for the area to be opened. It is too hot a potato.

There are plenty of open leases that haven't been developed or explored. There isn't any rush to develop them. Exxon had to be forced to develop point thompson.

I really think that is the only reason why so many Alaska politicians push for its opening--they can claim they were proactive and then put the blame on the oil companies.
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 11:58 AM   #2
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure about the post, but I do think ANWR is a non-issue. There are no good arguments on either side. It's a tiny political fulcrum that got blown out of proportion. Complete bullshit.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 12:03 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it is a "hot button" issue, like abortion, and the republicans know that the ill-informed masses will split on this in a didactic manner, so they can use it to attract more votes. they do the same thing with gay marriage and abortion.
Old 09.02.2008, 12:04 PM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
polar bears are overrated.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 12:06 PM   #5
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Well I think gay marriage (and abortion, to an extent) is an important issue. Where it's not legal, there's some serious injustice going on. But ANWR is kind of like, well, it's not that big of a deal to drill there but we also don't really need it right now. Either way it goes, nothing changes much.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 12:11 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
Ya know, I think we might as well open ANWR and get it done with.

Why?

Because the oil companies aren't going to bid for leases! They have never asked for the area to be opened. It is too hot a potato.

There are plenty of open leases that haven't been developed or explored. There isn't any rush to develop them. Exxon had to be forced to develop point thompson.

I really think that is the only reason why so many Alaska politicians push for its opening--they can claim they were proactive and then put the blame on the oil companies.

its just a way to show theyre ready to rape the environment when there's a chance for "jobs" and corporate profit. hillbilly populism at its worst.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 12:14 PM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
we also don't really need it right now.

it will be years after the green-light is given before production and distribution will effect our supply.

so while you may not think it's needed now, you might think different in a few more years.

it really doesn't matter though. unless you apemen find a way to make fusion-drives, yr fucked.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth