Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Weirdest Dreams Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.05.2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Post yours!

This one is an excert from my dream journal:

Last night I dreamt that I was in school and I ran to my locker, closed it again, then when I was halfway down the hallway, the bell rang. I was late and a teacher saw me. I tried to go back into my locker but couldn't. The teacher grabbed me and threw me in.

The classroom was lit with a single dim light, and the teacher drugged us, so we were very tired. Near the door (a barred off jail door) was guarded by a bull dog with a spiked collar. There was a trench by the door too and due to the drugs we were too weak to jump over. After being in this prison for a while, I decided to challenge the dog so I barked at it and got it wound up, It broke out of its chain and I threw a bouncy ball which distracted the dog.

I was near the end of the trip, but my vision was impaired, and I ended up being able to jump out. There were 3 tokens, looked like cartoon slot machines and I chose the second one. I Was now outside in a theme park. A metal plate appeared in front of me layered like an armadillo.

"Oh I know this one! It's honey sphere!" said graeme. He touched it and it revealed a honey ball (?) with bubbles in it labeled "golden honey ball".

Old 06.05.2006, 08:32 PM   #2
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
ok, this one should make everyone question my sanity.

several years ago i dreamt that the continents switched places -- north america decided to become africa, africa became asia, etc. not only that, but there's this stump between my yard and that of my neighbors (in real life) and i dreamt that that stump was some sort of teleporting device where you could instantly go from continent to continent. and they were building a monorail above my house too, only it was curved and sloped upward instead of going in a straight line.

then once i dreamt that some music involving metal man (from mega man 2) was blaring from the speakers in my living room . . . i was sitting in front of the fireplace with a childhood friend when a real fire broke out, and the music instantly changed to reflect this ominous fact.

most people have scary or psychologically revealing dreams . . . mine are just disjointed shit.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 08:41 PM   #3
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Inhuman: your dream sounds like a point and click adventure

Where to start. I've been dreaming just about every night recently.

I had a dream the other night in which I was told that my little brother and sister (spending the summer in cali) were dead. It didn't immediately phase me, and that really really upset me. I knew that it would hit me very hard eventually, but it didn't at the time.

Last night's dream was another fear of commitment dream, I've probably had close to half a dozen of those this year alone.

I've mentioned alot of my most vivid dreams in my "x-rated dream I had last night" thread, so I won't discuss them here.

Here is one dream I don't think I have mentioned in this forum.

I remember being outside of a grocery store, in the back where no cars are parked and there are loading docks and stuff. One of the large doors were open, and I could see someone going back into a party at the back of the grocery store. I could see a muscular tall bouncer dressed as a clown killing someone they didn't think was cool enough.

So then I see a pretty girl going into the customer part of the grocery store. My two friends and I go in, and take off my shoes (the made me.) I was very apprehensive about the possibility of cutting my feet on broken glass at this point. I lingered in the grocery section, then noticed the girl getting in line to go to the party in the back. So I waited in line and then got in. The DJ was serving very small cones with different colors of ice cream. I took some and ate it. The back was dark, foggy, and full of glow in the dark paint. It was sort of like a fair/funhouse, but in a large back storage area. So I walked down to the end. My friends decided to partake in one of the games, and a mannequin Osama Bin Laden beckoned them into a secret room. They went in there and smoked pot.

I kept going. Things were feeling foggy. I was starting to have the feeling that I was sedated, that there was sedative in the ice-cream and that my friends were in trouble. I found a room with a bunch of western clothing and supplies. Bows and arrows, the works. So I began to equip myself to fight. I didn't know exactly what was going on, but I suspected it was illegal organ harvesting. My friends caught up to me and told me what had happened. I got angry at them for smoking pot that was probably heavily laced.

With my bow and arrow, I entered the main hallway. Then I blacked out. End of dream.

I guess they harvested my organs.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 08:43 PM   #4
rocky
bad moon rising

rocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Post yours!

"Oh I know this one! It's honey sphere!" said graeme. He touched it and it revealed a honey ball (?) with bubbles in it labeled "golden honey ball".

hahahah
i love happenings like that in a dream, they bring a state of well-being when you remember them. I am a very vague dreamer, most of what happens is a location, not an event. but i seem to remember them.

I was once at odds with military agents in a strange restaurant club atmosphere, broad daylight, lots of color in the sunlight. they were complacent individuals, but they were doing some sort of thing with a missile. but half the time I watched the TV weather forecast. (!!)
if i remember correctly, before i entered the restaurant i was at a similar location but outside an apartment building (still in the middle of a giant grassland or like a tidal plain or something..), at the door, at the fire escape ... it was like a strangely foggy pink hue around the place.
kim gordon was inside and came out! I saw the interior for a moment and it looked like an interior i saw in another dream. kim dissapeared once i was in the restaurant.... but i eventually exited that and found her outside walking around, so were a bunch of kids i may or may not have known from elementary school.... i think we were all painting, but it's possible the sunlight was just very bright and the colors of things shone differently.

some of my favorite dreams were ones in which i was inexplicably involved with a small submarine. once my mom and i sat on top of one such small Sub and it took us to Greenland (!!!) (we wanted to move, i think...). in another one i walked deep through a city only to find myself ferried into a really small sub, but this time i actually went inside, that part of the dream was really uncomfortably surreal....my most unnerving (the only word that describes the feeling) dreams seem to involve oceans...strange ones..
Old 06.05.2006, 08:44 PM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I had a Sonic Youth dream before too! Thurston bought my house, and I remember going back there and seeing him with really bloodshot eyes.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 08:52 PM   #6
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't dreamt in a long time, but here is one from some time ago about the Youth:

SY came to play in Alabama; in the Walmart parking lot, no less. There were about 10 cars parked for the concert, though no one got out to enjoy it; except me. I got up front and jammed to the concert, all alone, having a great time. After the show everyone still stayed in their cars (maybe they were just cars with no one in them?) and the Youth had set up a card table beside the stage where they were selling something. I went to go tell the band how much I enjoyed the concert, when Thurston asked if I would like to buy some of his fruit snacks (I really wish I could remember the brand name or the flavors). I bought some and was anything but dissapointed. They were wonderful.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 08:56 PM   #7
rocky
bad moon rising

rocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I had a Sonic Youth dream before too! Thurston bought my house, and I remember going back there and seeing him with really bloodshot eyes.

i wandered in on a small Youth performance in a dream a few years back...
not even a complete one by any means, there were hardly any lights on, it was at i think...a bakery or organic restaurant or something.
the dream sort of fazed in and out, but they played some very nonexistent songs. one of the songs was definitely called something short like "Or" (perhaps not Or exactly, though!)
i remembered it that morning, but didn't make anything of it.
Old 06.05.2006, 08:57 PM   #8
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
My dreams are fucked.

I once had a dream that I was in my friend Bekki's house, only she wasn't there, and I was with my aunt, grandma, and my grandma's friend. We were all in the kitchen admiring a turquoise Brita water filter when a man came in the door. He made my grandma's friend sit down at the kitchen table, took a pair of salad forks and stabbed her in the temple with them and killed her. He then turned to me (my aunt and my grandma had disappeared) and told me that if I said I single word about what I just saw, he'd come a get me too. After he left I went outside and found my neighbor taking pictures (in the dream he was a photographer, in real life he's an electrician) I tried to tell him what just happened but I couldn't get the words out. The next day (this is still the dream) there was an anonymous poem in the newspaper that EVERYONE was raving about, so I decided to read it. When I did there was all these hidden messages in it about killing me if I told anyone what had happened. I knew right away that it was written the man who killed my grandma's friend and when I told people, they thought I was nuts.

Hahaha it sounds dumb but it was really scary

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 09:02 PM   #9
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I had a dream the other night in which I was told that my little brother and sister (spending the summer in cali) were dead. It didn't immediately phase me, and that really really upset me. I knew that it would hit me very hard eventually, but it didn't at the time.

I had a dream my brother killed himself in front of me, it fucking sucks
I was worried about him killing himself/dying for the rest of the week.

Old 06.05.2006, 09:06 PM   #10
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Haha I'm trying to remember all my dreams now
I've had a lot of dreams where I smoke pot, or have pot and am trying to find a place to smoke it.
I always have dreams about organizing socks, I've had like 10 haha. I just sit there my whole dream and sort them out into different piles.
Once had a dream where I was clown and walked around on my hands. Then I woke up and my head was at the wrong end of the bed. That was weird.

Old 06.05.2006, 09:13 PM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
The weirdest dream experience I have is very bizarre, since my brother had the EXACT same dreams without us even discussing about them.

We would always dreamt that we wake up, walk to a window and yell as loud as we possibly could. An eagle would come, pick me up, and talk to me about how I'm going to die this time (the dream was reoccuring throughout my childhood). I'd be dropped in my backyard where a man with a lemonade stand would ask me how I wanted to die. I'd reply "shotgun". He would shoot me, and I'd fake dead. The dream must have occured to me over a dozen times.
Old 06.05.2006, 09:27 PM   #12
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
do you guys sometimes get the feeling where you think the dream you just had was reality? like if you won the lottery in the dream, you wake up and for a split second think you are actually loaded. this happened with my said friend. i dreamt he was living and we were hanging out n stuff. when i woke i thought he was still alive and then it fucking dawned...

it's totally fucked, i want a nice dream.

Yes all the time. Except in my dreams I usually just wake up, do everything I need to do that day (like go to school, mow the lawn, clean my room) and then go to sleep. I wake up thinking I'm going to sleep, it's just so depressing.

I've had a ton of really fucked up/humiliating dreams too but I don't wish to disclose them here.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 09:29 PM   #13
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
do you guys sometimes get the feeling where you think the dream you just had was reality? like if you won the lottery in the dream, you wake up and for a split second think you are actually loaded. this happened with my said friend. i dreamt he was living and we were hanging out n stuff. when i woke i thought he was still alive and then it fucking dawned...

it's totally fucked, i want a nice dream.

Sort of. I've had dreams in which I'm falling off a cliff, or something equally as tall, and it scares me so much I snap awake.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 09:33 PM   #14
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I've only written down a single dream, because it was the only one vivid enough to remember almost completely. I don't know where it's at right now, but I'll try to run off what I can recall. I was fucking depressed afterwards too, but I don't know why.

I was at some kind of party, daytime, on a tiny balcony at a mansion in the middle of nowhere, a kind of shrub-desert place near a cliff. Something happened (can't remember what, but something that scared everyone and sent them into a panic) and everyone evacuated and got into their cars and took off down this cliff-side road - must've been 12 lanes wide - all going extremely fast.

Well I pulled over at this weird abandoned house, in the mountainside kind of, with the highway between it and the cliff, and found like a Time magazine on the ground, picked it up, and threw it. And then 30 years passed by and I was older, doing some kind of work on the shrubs in front of the house, but it was still abandoned. Then I found another magazine, threw it, and another 30 years passed, and I was old.

Then I must have just all of a sudden noticed the house or something, but I finally went inside and saw that it was run down but familiar. And I had some kind of flashback, and for some reason I was under the impression that it was something that happened during the 60 years I skipped, and the shadow of a woman could be seen coming into the empty kitchen. I knew it was my wife (I'm not married in real life) but the dream ended before I saw her.

The whole dream was one of those things where I knew things that I shouldn't have known. Like when I skipped each of the 30 years, I felt like I had just come out of a coma and missed a huge piece of my life and was now alone, but at the same time I knew I had been active in the part that I skipped. I don't know, but I was extremely lonely and sad when I woke up, and I had the dream at a time in my life (it was only 4 or 5 months ago) that I was quite satisfied.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 10:54 PM   #15
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
i suppose i will get involved with this in some way.

For a Solid year i had a Terrible case of Vertigo. Doctors cannot diagnose what causes Vertigo, or so that was what i was told. I had my many theories of why this was happening ?? i don't know ?? it was horrible..while i was conscious during the day, the whole day it felt as if the world was always spinning, which caused me to vomit over and over,, but anyways to the dreams, just wanted to give the background... while this was going on i told the doctors about my dreams i was having during my sleep.
Three nights i had the same dream of jumping off the Empire States building. Not consecutive nights. But it was also somewhere i had been in the past ( Empire State Observatory )) i also had dreams of jumping out of the window of the Washington Monument, ( which i had been as a kid. ) that was one nite. and for the conclusion...............
Do you know when you go to a circus or county fair or carnival,?? excuse my descriptions, but these are dreams i was having when i was ill.anyways the dream.. i was dreaming ( whatever that is ?? )) i was actually "feeling" in my dreams that i was the guy strapped to the round board that spins around. it's stuck to a wall and he goes upside down and its some sort of game where you try to hit him or something. he spins around on the wall upside down, around and around around. i dare not lie to you people i had that same exact dream three nites. not consecutive. these crazy dreams.( crazier than usual ) who understands them ??** i told the Drs. about the dreams while i had this Vertigo. they dismissed it quickly as normal symptoms of something someone experiences during Vertigo. what do they know. it was out there though.
Terrible Vertigo is Awful. Why i decided to share these dreams i don't know ?
i firmly believe and practice not telling anyone ever about my dreams.
part of your soul should only belong to you.
but i must of had the feeling of sharing a different perception of what is called my reality. conscious or dreaming.
Old 06.05.2006, 10:58 PM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I have been having the same recurring dream every year or two since I was a little kid. It's one of the dreams where all yr teeth start falling out at once and when you move yr tongue they all come out of yr gums and shit....a la that one episode of Freddy's Nightmares where that girl/ladies bloody teeth start falling out on the scrabble board and they mix with the game pieces. I think that show really fucked with my head
Old 06.05.2006, 11:01 PM   #17
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Actually I read somewhere that in shamanistic and pre-christian traditions, dreams of teeth falling out are supposed to be omens of death.
Old 06.05.2006, 11:07 PM   #18
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh man...Well that must suck.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 11:13 PM   #19
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
But he's been having 'em for years... So I guess it should be ok for a while...
Old 06.05.2006, 11:34 PM   #20
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Sweet....again, I blame Freddy.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth