Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Proposition 8 Protests
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.06.2008, 12:38 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Police, demonstrators clash at Prop. 8 protest

Barbara Davidson / Los Angeles Times

Hundreds of people gathered in West Hollywood on Wednesday night to show opposition to Proposition 8 and to voice their anger that it was approved in Tuesday's election.
Email Picture

Several people are arrested after about 500 break away from rally in West Hollywood.
11:16 PM PST, November 5, 2008

Protesters demonstrating against Proposition 8, the gay marriage ban that voters approved Tuesday, clashed with police in Hollywood late Wednesday.

The Los Angeles Police Department issued a citywide tactical alert, requiring all available officers to respond to the protest, LAPD spokesman Officer Jason Lee said.

Several people were arrested when a group of about 500 people broke away from the larger demonstration that began in West Hollywood earlier in the evening. Lee said that as the protesters moved along Hollywood Boulevard, they tried to cross a line of officers. In one case, a demonstrator jumped onto a police car.

Despite the arrests, the protest was mostly peaceful, Lee said.

Police were stopping traffic along Sunset Boulevard in an attempt to move protesters there, Lee said.

video

Olivarez-Giles is a Times staff writer

nathan.olivarezgiles

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:40 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
they blocked traffic in the middle of the streets, rushed in a deep crowd down the blocks, sitting in circles at the intersections playing music..

I wish that LA would protest that significant and even militantly for more important issues in this town like Rent Control, medical services and hospitals, police brutality and the absolute corruption of the Los Angeles city and county governments.

[by the way, I say more important because at this moment, we the no on 8 crowd need to cool down and lick our wounds, and come back with full force soon, but not now. if we keep raising the issue in this regard, against the grain of the people of the state, they will take away domestic partnerships as well, which is not just a gay rights issue, but one affecting all californians equally]

it is good to see the people rise up for something they believe in one way or the other...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:44 PM   #3
sarramkrop

a new era
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:50 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
prop 8 passing is the most fucked and worst thing and a stain on this election.

i have never understood this fucking "marriage is sacred" bullshit-- i got married by the state, there was no religious intervention, if churches want to decide who can and cannot get married that's their internal business, but the state should extend equal rights to all its citizens.

in any case, fuck yeah, i hope there is a national movement to knock down these christiano-fascists and their intrusive bullshit into the lives of others.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:05 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
people that feel the need to tell others how to live and love only do so because they themselves are living foul. time and time again this has proven to be the case.

I fail to see how gay couples being married has any bearing on ANYTHING other than instilled religious values (which should have no place in government).

they are not a threat to society or themselves and enacting laws to restrict their freedom is fascist control bullshit.

take to the streets, my gay brothers and sisters. take to the streets and riot!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:08 PM   #6
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

take to the streets, my gay brothers and sisters. take to the streets and riot!

I'm taking 2 days off to do nothing at all, and besides, i don't like marriages 'cause they mean that you have to see your loved one too often.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:09 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
take to the streets, my gay brothers and sisters.

what we need to do is not say "good job, you gays", but arrange some buses & go join the protests.
Old 11.06.2008, 01:10 PM   #8
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
great job, you... oh, nevermind.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:16 PM   #9
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what we need to do is not say "good job, you gays", but arrange some buses & go join the protests.

you only want the gays to protest by bus because you think that we get tired of walking.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:16 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

apparently there are still 1.2 million absentee ballots that need counting so the final word is not yet out

http://www.noonprop8.com/
Old 11.06.2008, 01:17 PM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
you only want the gays to protest by bus because you think that we get tired of walking.

what?
Old 11.06.2008, 01:18 PM   #12
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
apparently there are still 1.2 million absentee ballots that need counting so the final word is not yet out

http://www.noonprop8.com/

it's all the gays who went clubbing, met someone and got up too late to vote.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:19 PM   #13
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
there's no way I'm getting on a bus full of gays!

they might try to suck my cock (and I hear that's how you get infected with the gay)
Old 11.06.2008, 01:19 PM   #14
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Gender has never been relevant to my definition of marriage.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:20 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
it's all the gays who went clubbing, met someone and got up too late to vote.

oh porks, you're so fucking jaded-- but only on the internet!
Old 11.06.2008, 01:21 PM   #16
sarramkrop

Quote:
there's no way I'm getting on a bus full of gays!

they might try to suck my cock (and I hear that's how you get infected with the gay)

you didn't seem to mind when i painted you as a rainbow dragon for the oklahoma gay bus parade.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:22 PM   #17
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Gender has never been relevant to my definition of marriage.

that's the tranny argument for it too.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:23 PM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
you didn't seem to mind when i painted you as a rainbow dragon for the oklahoma gay bus parade.

dragon? what fucking dragon? I was a unicorn.
Old 11.06.2008, 01:25 PM   #19
sarramkrop

Quote:
dragon? what fucking dragon? I was a unicorn.

that explains why i thought that you looked a bit gay
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 01:25 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

sorry for the interruption

not 1.2 but 3-4 million absentee ballots

please continue

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth