Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page can you control your excessive behavior?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: ask me, i am asking you
the bubble burn my tongue 2 10.00%
i have the occasional drink 2 10.00%
depends on the situation 7 35.00%
i need a bender everyonce in a while 8 40.00%
oh shit, my head hurts, and looks like i need a new iphone again 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11.09.2008, 06:03 PM   #1
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
poll to com ein a minute

i am just thinking whatever you use, do you consider the consequences, or do you not care and just wish to have fun/drown yourself in inebriation to the point where you don't wanna have to feel responsible?

i think of this on two front with my drinking,

1 - when i was in the catskills for atp, i could drink as much as i wanted the first two days without worrying about anything but having a good time, and listening to great music and hanging out with friends and not having to drive made it that much easier, which allowed me to get more drunk then i had ever been on that friday evening

2 - on halloween, i wanted to go down and enjoy halloween in dc, but didn't want to drive, so i took the subway down, but after my night of excess and drunken debachery, knowing the metro was closed, i figured i could get a free cab ride with sober ride, but i fucked up, i dropped my phone in the toilet, and ended up stranded in downtown dc in the freezing cold til 4am when a cabbie would take me to my car miles north in md, by which time i was sober enough to drive, i kinda knew this risk going into the night but i still did it regardless

question is do you think before do, do you not care in care-free or nihlist sense, or just have your one drink and get up sing that song at the karoke that makes you laugh and call that your "lost weekend"?
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Get hammered when you know where you're at; get less fucked if you need a taxi; get merry when you're in a different country; don't get fucked where you can't. Have fun at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 06:23 PM   #3
sarramkrop

I got much better than ever at that. Occasionally I still fall asleep on the night bus and end up in exotic Romford, but that's nothing compared to my previous persona. Black cabs are expensive here, especially after midnight, and unless I'm with someone else, I don't take mini cabs for fear of being raped.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 06:27 PM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I don't drink so I'm ok.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 06:58 PM   #5
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
We always have a designated driver.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the other night I fell asleep on the train and woke up in cambridge.
last night i told the random canadian who started a conversation with me that canada knows nothing about war, only to find out he was in the canadian army and had done a tour of duty in afghanistan, i've never seen someone so offended and bummed out. he was a bit of a twat though, so it's ok.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 10:17 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I have a feeling that anything I would type here would result in !@#$%! replying with a picture of Aristotle.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 11:15 PM   #8
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
How long are your train rides home?
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 02:33 AM   #9
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
I am well aware of the consequences. But not only am I good at drunk driving, I enjoy it. Then again, i ride my bike a lot.

i break inebriation down into different levels: Buzzed, drunk, hammered, gone, dead. In chronological order. I have not reached "dead" yet. I mostly get buzzed. But I also get "drunk" a lot. The thing is, I remember everything, and am fully aware of my surroundings. I am completely coherent, but I stutter and slur my words, and run into things. When I drive when i am drunk, I focus all my attention on driving. I obey every traffic law in the book, and I'm even a defensive, generous and courteous driver. I stay drunk for a long time. I can drink for hours before I get "hammered."

And I'm only gone when i drink vodka.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 02:41 AM   #10
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I somehow get the worst hangovers. Like bed bound headaches from even just getting buzzed.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 02:58 AM   #11
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
a bit of both. I have more fun when I dont think too much. my current partner is a big 'no but we cant go and do that tonight because we have to drive home.. you can drink, but I wont'

and then I dont drink because I hate drinking alone.

I used to just wing it. and I kind of miss that. I miss getting home at 3 am and the not going to bed for another two hours.

mind you, I used to go with other people, or at least one other person, and I dont have many friends to go out with atm. so.. I dont have much choice. If you go alone and you're female esp it makes the night pretty un fun.

the last time I went out by myself to a show and had one or two drinks and met him later somewhere else, had one more drink and went home. this seems to work okay, but its hard because then we have to kind of arrange what time to meet and such.
Old 11.10.2008, 03:18 AM   #12
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i drink once a week or two weeks. i got drunk on friday and on halloween, but both of those times were the first time since labor day that i drank that much.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 06:06 AM   #13
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I used to cycle home when drunk - not the world's greatest idea, in retrospect. I now let either a taxi or public transport take the strain. I've fallen asleep on the bus/tube more times than I care to remember (Happened about 5 months ago, and ended up miles outside my destination at about 1.30 am - niiiice).
Old 11.10.2008, 07:51 PM   #14
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
the dumbest thing i have ever done was eating half a pizza after having having a half bottle of jameson's, but i was at home so no biggie except for the clean up

i got close in new york, but i didn't have anything of note to throw up
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 07:54 PM   #15
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I once threw up in a club, I got kicked out. Fun times.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 07:58 PM   #16
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
the dumbest thing i have ever done was eating half a pizza after having having a half bottle of jameson's, but i was at home so no biggie except for the clean up

my silliest was a half bottle of champagne with a plate of twiggy, and then a few glasses of red. not a pretty sight.
Old 11.10.2008, 08:19 PM   #17
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 10:30 PM   #18
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I don't drink often and I can enjoy just taking a shot or two. I don't drink beer so when I do DRINK I tend to get drunk but I am a very stable drunk.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 10:31 PM   #19
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia

i got close in new york, but i didn't have anything of note to throw up

Double. I've only had a single swig of Jameson but it was pretty good.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth