Magical Power Mako
Silver Daggers
MSBR
Pink & Brown
Fat Worm of Error
Metalux
Orthrelm
Gravitar

I like them all, some I love more than others though. Gravitar especially.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 08:35 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Let's see... Neon Hunk are somewhat interesting and definitely amazing live but hard to listen to in large doses; very simplistic keyboard squiggles and drums... anyway, haven't listened to them in about 5 years. Silver Daggers are cool, I was on a comp with them; they have way too much going on and get annoying in large doses also, but I really enjoy a lot of their riffs. Pink & Brown ... again, I enjoy in small doses; great riffs; I'd rather listen to Coachwhips. Fat Worm of Error are GREAT live, saw them in an art museum actually, only heard one record and it was pretty cool I guess. I'm not a huge fan of Metalux. Orthrelm's OV is one of my favorite albums by any band in the past 10 years, but I'd rather listen to any of Mick's other bands. To me, Orthelm's pre-OV output is just Crom-Tech without the vocals... Great band to put on mix tapes. Gravitar, I heard one song by and don't remember. Suppose I should check out more. The rest I've never heard.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 09:18 AM   #3
sarramkrop

Do check out Annie Gosfield's 'The Art of the Virtual Rythmicon' and be amazed at what you hear.

Annie Gosfield has created a body of work that includes large–scale compositions, chamber pieces, electronic music, video projects, and music for dance. Her work often explores the inherent beauty of non–musical sounds, and is inspired by diverse sources such as machines, destroyed pianos, warped 78 records, and detuned radios. She uses traditional notation, improvisation, and extended techniques to create a sound world that eliminates the boundaries between music and noise, while emphasizing the unique qualities of each performer. Annie lives in New York City and divides her time between performing on piano and sampler with her own group and composing for many ensembles and soloists.

Gosfield will hold the Darius Milhaud Chair of Composition at Mills College in Fall, 2005. She was previously the Milhaud professor at Mills College in Oakland, California, in 2003. She has received fellowships from the McKnight Foundation, New York Foundation for the Arts, the Siemens Foundation, and the Djerassi Foundation, and has received grants and awards from the NEA, the American Composers Forum, the Jerome Foundation, the American Music Center, the Mary Flagler Cary Charitable Trust, U.S. Artists at International Festivals, Meet the Composer, The Rockefeller Foundation, and the Yvar Mikhashoff Trust for New Music, among others. She studied composition at the University of Southern California and North Texas State University, and studied piano with jazz pianist Bernard Peiffer and Horowitz protégé Alexander Fiorillo
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 09:36 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, sounds right up my alley.

Old 12.21.2008, 10:01 AM   #5
sarramkrop

She is influenced by Harry Partch a lot, apparently. Not that she sounds anything like him.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 10:05 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

thank you. to soulseek...

Old 12.21.2008, 10:07 AM   #7
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
what do u guys think about Monotonix
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 04:54 PM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
what do u guys think about Monotonix

saw them briefly at ATP. wasn't really that into it
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2008, 02:54 AM   #9
sarramkrop

I don't know them well, I've only heard a couple of things.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth