Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The worst films ever
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.29.2008, 01:14 PM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ered_the_worst
For french speakers: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...%C3%A9ricai n

Quote:
Jaws: The Revenge (1987)
The fourth film in the Jaws series ignores the events of the more successful but widely panned Jaws 3-D, and uses a plot involving a Great White shark seemingly plotting to murder the surviving members of the Brody family after recurring character and youngest son Sean Brody is killed by a shark. The fish appears to have a psychic bond with matriarch Ellen Brody (Lorraine Gary), as it is able to track down family members, even following Ellen from Amity to the Bahamas. At the end, the shark is heard to roar repeatedly as it receives electric shocks (which is biologically impossible) before being struck by the broken bowsprit of a sailboat driven by Ellen and either being impaled or exploding depending on which ending is used. In the 'explosion' ending, marine biologist Jake (Mario Van Peebles) survives his seemingly-fatal attack by the shark minutes earlier, appearing on the water surface, bloodied but alive. Michael Caine missed attending the Oscars that year to receive his first Best Supporting Actor award in order to keep the film on schedule. A studio test screening in Houston brought in an unprecedented low score of 3% "excellent," which the studio promptly spun to The Hollywood Reporter as an amazing audience response of 97% (they didn't mention that 97% of the audience hated it). It has a 0% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.[58]

Quote:
Mac and Me is a 1988 family film about a disabled boy and an extraterrestrial juvenile. The decision to create it was based largely on the success of E.T. (1982). The title itself, Mac and Me, comes from the working title for E.T. — E.T. and Me.[1]
The film is known for its numerous and blatant product placements, including Coca-Cola, Skittles, Sears and McDonald's to name a few. The main character's name, Mac, is a reference to McDonald's Big Mac sandwich. The only food the aliens require are Coke and Skittles. A ten-minute-long impromptu dance number, featuring Ronald McDonald, takes place in a McDonald's franchise which led Leonard Maltin to call the film "more like a TV commercial than a movie".[2] However, according to Seth Stevenson, "there was no quid pro quo between the filmmakers and these companies."[3] In spite of the latter statement, during the scene where Mac is drinking a Coca-Cola, director Stewart Raffill comedically holds up four $100 bills in the background.

this one looks crazy:
Quote:
Monster A Go-Go (also Monster A-Go Go and Terror at Halfday) is a 1965 science fiction movie directed by Bill Rebane (credited) and Herschell Gordon Lewis (uncredited).
Story

The plot concerns an American astronaut, Frank Douglas, who mysteriously disappears from his spacecraft as it parachutes to Earth. The vanished astronaut is apparently replaced by or turned into a large, radioactive, humanoid monster. A team of scientists and military men attempt to capture the monster — and at one point succeed, only to have him escape again. Neither the capture nor the escape are ever shown, simply mentioned by the narrator.
At the end of the film, the scientists receive a telegram stating that Douglas is in fact alive and well, having been rescued in the North Atlantic. The narrator brazenly claims that there was never a monster in the first place

So does that

Quote:
Freddy Got Fingered (2001) is a comedy film directed, written by and starring Tom Green. Some of the scenes are similar to the antics seen in his own The Tom Green Show and scenes in Road Trip. It is largely built around gross-out and shock humor.
Green plays a 28-year old part time slacker/cartoonist named Gordon "Gord" Brody who is pursuing his ambition to obtain a contract for a TV show.

After being told that his ideas are stupid and make no sense, he decides to move back home and rethink his future, much to his father's dismay. He has a handicapped love interest, played by Marisa Coughlan, and a best friend, played by Harland Williams, who has left Gord's lifestyle for a mainstream bank job. A major subplot is Gord's feud with his father, and at one point in the movie, Gord accuses his father, played by Rip Torn, of molesting his younger brother, Freddy, played by Eddie Kaye Thomas despite no evidence to support it.

Throughout the film, various subplots catalog Gord's daily experiences, such as one subplot involving a local neighborhood boy who finds himself injured as a result of various misfortunes, often involving Gord's entry onto the scene. Tom Green's then-wife Drew Barrymore has a cameo appearance, playing the receptionist at Mr. Dave Davidson's cartoon company.
The film received overwhelmingly negative reviews by critics, some of whom gave it zero stars. The Toronto Star created a one-time new rating just for Freddy Got Fingered, giving it "negative one star out of five stars." CNN's Paul Clinton called it "quite simply the worst movie ever released by a major studio in Hollywood history" and listed the running time as "86 awful minutes."[2]
In a damning review Roger Ebert wrote that the film may more likely be seen one day as a "milestone of neo-surrealism" than funny. In this memorable scene Gord ties sausage to his fingers, plays the piano poorly, and chants "Daddy would you like some sausage?".

Roger Ebert gave the film a rare zero-stars rating and described the film's humor thus:

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels...The day may come when Freddy Got Fingered is seen as a milestone of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny.[3]

Later, in his review of the film Stealing Harvard, Ebert wrote:

Seeing Tom Green reminded me, as how could it not, of his movie Freddy Got Fingered (2001), which was so poorly received by the film critics that it received only one lonely, apologetic positive review on the Tomatometer. I gave it—let's see—zero stars. Bad movie, especially the scene where Green was whirling the newborn infant around his head by its umbilical cord.

But the thing is, I remember Freddy Got Fingered more than a year later. I refer to it sometimes. It is a milestone. And for all its sins, it was at least an ambitious movie, a go-for-broke attempt to accomplish something. It failed, but it has not left me convinced that Tom Green doesn't have good work in him. Anyone with his nerve and total lack of taste is sooner or later going to make a movie worth seeing.[4]

Film critic James Berardinelli also gave the film zero stars and mentioned:

...I have to report that this motion picture is arguably the worst piece of cinematic crap I have ever experienced theatrically. Hyperbole, you wonder? I looked through my list of zero-star movies and couldn't find one entry (except the immortal Zombie! vs. Mardi Gras, which was a straight-to-video release) that ranked as more difficult to endure.

One of the few notable critics who gave it a generally positive review was A. O. Scott of The New York Times, who compared the film to conceptual performance art.[5] Another favorable review in August 2007 by Nathan Rabin of The A.V. Club partially fulfilled Ebert's prediction: Rabin called the film a "borderline Dadaist provocation" and rated it a "Secret Success"[6]

On an episode of MADtv Tom Green refused to promote the film and instead sucked on a cow's udder during the show's opening saying "They don't want to hear about the stupid movie!"[citation needed]

The film "won" in five categories at the 2001 Golden Raspberry Awards and, in acknowledgment of the critical consensus regarding the film's merits, Green appeared at the ceremony to accept his awards, saying:

I'd just like to say to all the other nominees in the audience: I don't think that I deserve it any more than the rest of you. I'd like to say that; I don't think that it would be true, though.[7]

Green eventually had to be dragged off the stage because he wouldn’t stop playing the harmonica.

Are those films well known in America? I had never heard of them before
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 01:29 PM   #2
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I remember Mac & Me from when I was a kid, and I loved it. Of course, I liked anything back then
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 01:31 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Troll 2 (my wife & I love that one, haha).
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 01:33 PM   #4
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
What? Howard The Duck?!? I love that movie!!
Old 12.29.2008, 01:34 PM   #5
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I mean this totally sincerely: I love bad movies.
Old 12.29.2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Howard The Duck is top 5 in WORST MOVIES EVER. fucking horrible horrible and I sww it in the theater when it came out.
Old 12.29.2008, 01:35 PM   #7
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I mean this totally sincerely: I love bad movies.
Apparently, so do I.
Old 12.29.2008, 01:35 PM   #8
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Johnny Fuckin' Mnemonic
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 01:36 PM   #9
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Howard The Duck is top 5 in WORST MOVIES EVER. fucking horrible horrible and I sww it in the theater when it came out.

Well I was a wee little young one (once again) so maybe my memory does not serve me well here.
Old 12.29.2008, 02:07 PM   #10
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
*waits for someone to mention Manos: The Hands of Fate*
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 03:55 PM   #11
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Alone in the Dark

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 04:16 PM   #12
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I want to see some of Uwe Bowell's movies BECAUSE they are so often considered horrible.
Old 12.29.2008, 04:38 PM   #13
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Me and Rob I saw SOUL MAN, a racist piece of shit that was nevertheless popular in the 1980's. That for me is the worst film ever. So there.
Old 12.29.2008, 04:40 PM   #14
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Me and Rob I saw SOUL MAN, a racist piece of shit that was nevertheless popular in the 1980's. That for me is the worst film ever. So there.

Haha, I watched this on Netflix a few months ago. It WAS bad. Also racist, which was funny, because the message of the movie was supposedly against racism. It's like they didn't even know how not to be racist, like the time my grandmother said "I like black people; I even let them in my house."
Old 12.29.2008, 04:45 PM   #15
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
bend it like beckham
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 05:10 PM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
soul man is pretty fucking terrible. I saw it in the THEATER and it made me feel ill.

GYMKATA is a pretty fucking godawful movie
Old 12.29.2008, 05:33 PM   #17
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Troll 2 (my wife & I love that one, haha).

Oh god yes! That movie is so brilliantly awful! You don't piss on hospitality!
Antagon is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 05:45 PM   #18
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
"Revenge of the Sith", we waited 30 fucking years for that piece of shit?
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 05:49 PM   #19
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
baby geniuses
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 05:50 PM   #20
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom

I will also mention a movie that I only know through reputation and have mentioned before which goes along with this comment "Swing Time", fuck the director and anyone else it was who came up with the idea to put Fred Astaire in black face.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth