Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page suicide across the street
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2009, 04:19 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Some poor guy just jumped off of the parking garage across the street from my building to his death. I can see him from our floor, covered in a white tarp, surrounded by cops. right on the sidewalk. they are waiting for the coroner I guess.
weird shit.
Old 01.08.2009, 04:22 PM   #2
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
o the horror
poor dude
Old 01.08.2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am glad that I was not out on the street to see it. I ahve talked to several of our building's security people and they patrol the block and two of them came around the corner just as he was about to hit the ground. horrible man!
Old 01.08.2009, 04:41 PM   #4
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
To have to see something like that would be just awfull. Even seeing the white tarp would be too much for me.
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:54 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the coroner is here to take him away. I stopped lookig before they could "tag n bag" his body. I did not want to see that.
Old 01.08.2009, 04:56 PM   #6
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Oh god. If I saw that, I'd flip the fuck out.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:56 PM   #7
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Shit. That's awful.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:58 PM   #8
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I couldn't look either. I don't even like passing car accidents.
Old 01.08.2009, 05:00 PM   #9
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I'm always conflicted when somebody commits suicide. I want to be angry with them for their lack of consideration for others, especially those with families that love them and care for them. But I still can't help feeling deeply sorry for them, because whether or not the thing, if there was a thing, that caused them to do it was really bad or not, the inner turmoil they would have to be feeling... I can't even imagine it. For something to push me as far as to jump off a building? My mind would have to be so distressed and torn up inside; it would be terrible.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 05:05 PM   #10
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I'm always conflicted when somebody commits suicide. I want to be angry with them for their lack of consideration for others, especially those with families that love them and care for them. But I still can't help feeling deeply sorry for them, because whether or not the thing, if there was a thing, that caused them to do it was really bad or not, the inner turmoil they would have to be feeling... I can't even imagine it. For something to push me as far as to jump off a building? My mind would have to be so distressed and torn up inside; it would be terrible.
I know what you're saying. I always try to treat suicide (before it happens) as something that I refuse to feel bad about, because if I treat it as a selfish act that doesn't deserve pity, I would hope that deters it.

But in reality it's terribly sad, and I always feel horrible for people that go through so much that they resort to that. Even if they were overreacting or unable to handle something properly, it was real to them. I can't get around it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 05:08 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I too have that conflict about it.
I have personally stopped two friends from doing it.
However, we all have our breaking points, and who is qualified to judge another person's existance, or their desire to end that existance?
I say no one. no motter how close you may be to your best friend, your wife, your mom, your twin sibling, no one truly knows what is inside another person. all we can do is make a good guess.
Old 01.08.2009, 05:13 PM   #12
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I guess that's why I have a conflict. I would like to be able to tell somebody they should under no circumstances do it, but that's a tough call, because like you said, you don't know what is going through their head, and you can only guess that it is truly excruciating.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 05:54 PM   #13
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
seeing someone kill himself is one of the worst things you can ever see.

a human being must really be in a state where he sees no other way to do something that goes against all of our natural instincts.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 06:12 PM   #14
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Another family suffers from the loss of a loved one this way. Poor guy also. Sucide is no solution, but I can totally understand how someone can reach that point.
Old 01.09.2009, 08:17 AM   #15
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
that's awful.
Old 01.10.2009, 12:42 AM   #16
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Damn, didn't hear about that one on the news..
eh they dont cover that sort of shit.
Like when my friend killed himself by jumping into traffic we only had one news vulture try to interview us. We just yelled at them.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth