Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page No Fun Fest 09
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2009, 06:12 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
what acts you most excited for?

bastard noise-itll prolly just be a brutal and triumphant show, everyone is psyched for that.

thrones-im just kinda interested to see what preston does for a no fun show, whether itll be his usual doom/drone stuff, or if hell get more far out and noisy. i like thrones anyways though.

grey wolves-the second power electronics band i liked after whitehouse, never seen them live.

blank dogs-fucking loved that record. this is gonna be the band that those noise nerds over on the troniks board will most scoff at, but because of that blank dogs will prolly just rock the house down and shut everyone the fuck up.

pedestrian deposit-one of my favorite of the newer harsh noise artists. dude just freaks out on synths and pedals and all sorts of used and shitty gadgets and the noise is just huge. ive been watching his youtube stuff and it looks like this guy knows how to do noise the right way.

yeh/trevor tremaine-those guys are both virtuosos on thier instruments and the trio lineup of burning star core with tremaine on drums was the best that band has ever been, the guys play well together.

sonic youth-duh

sons of god- i havnt heard of them so whatever, im excited to see them

the last day will absolutely be too much for me, i love that lineup:

emeralds-in my opinion, the best drone band out there. instead of just boring ass buzzing feedback for 20 or so minutes, these guys create beautiful sounds all around thier drones. and they actually know how to use synthesizers proper. theyre like tangerine dream reincarnate, or something.

black pus-chippendale.

con-dom; another old fave of the harsh noise genre. should be a good show.

skullflower-one of my favorite bands, period. and never seen them live.

ill be pretty exhausted id imagine after those four shows, ill only stay for merzbow if he plays a real noise show, i have no patience anymore for labtop shows.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2009, 07:55 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno since I'm not going but Emeralds are fucking amazing. They remind me of Popul Vuh's soundtrack work. Great band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2009, 09:55 PM   #3
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
man oh man i cant wait for this...definitely getting the full pass...emeralds, black pus, pedestrian deposit
Old 01.18.2009, 03:25 AM   #4
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i'm getting the full pass too. hopefully i don't have a valentine's date so i so i don't blow all my money on a date.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth