Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Sånger från Andra Våningen
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2006, 12:01 AM   #1
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I just saw this movie, and it was unbelievable. It was one of those "I feel like watching something I know nothing about" things, and it turned out to be one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's roughly based on the poetry of Cesar Vallejo - a depiction of futility in society that points out all the despair caused by capitalism. It's an incredibly bizarre movie. There are tons of long pauses and lingering shots at the most awkward times, and there's so much going on in the background that I'd get pulled into a conversation and not even realize there's a train on random people walking by the window whipping eachother.

I recommend anyone to watch it. It's in Swedish so obviously you gotta read subtitles, and it's quite bothersome in this particular movie, but what can ya do. The English title is "Songs from the Second Floor," and I found it at Blockbuster so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth