Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page reunions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2009, 11:44 AM   #1
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
have you ever been to one?

what was it like?

I've so far managed to avoid "official" high school reunions (not sure how they found me for the 20 year, but they did), however, tomorrow, I'm going to dallas to see people that I haven't seen since '89.

although I feel that I haven't really changed at all, I can't wait to see who fell off the cool-waggon.

inb4 "I'm not old enough for a reunion" and/or "my mom won't let me go".
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I really can't imagine my going to one. I'm not the same person I was, but what remains of the teenage me still hates those people. For different reasons, I expect - they remind me of the teenage me, and likely remember an idealised teenage me. I infrequently bump into people from school/ college in my hometown, and it's never interesting. I probably wouldn't go to a university one, seeing as I'm still mates with the people, largely not on my course, who I liked at Uni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 12:02 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I came from a small town, and after school, most people I knew divided up into two groups: the group that became cool adults and enjoyed their life and cultivated their interests, and the group that stayed there and got jobs at fast food places and grocery stores. If I get any sort of invite to a reunion, I'm sure it will be mostly populated by the latter group, so I would rather not go.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 12:07 PM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm not the same person I was, but what remains of the teenage me still hates those people.

this is what has kept me from attending "official" reunions.

what I'm going to has been set up by a friend and only represents the group of people that we ran with.

my graduating class was full of douchebags, and I still talk to just about everyone that still matters, so I see no point in going to something school related.

another selling point: it seems like there will be mostly girls. sadly, despite the wife not going, my conscience will prevent me from testing whether or not So-and-So will still love me for my Bauhaus shirt, or whether or not The_Really_Hot_One will let me touch her breasts in exchange for wearing my ultra-goth bat necklace (a treasure lost to time).
Old 05.28.2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The thing is, as an adult I can cope with the people from school - they're just people. They don't represent either my despair at divisionism, or the conceit of self-imposed alienation, they're just people. But in that context of look what we did and who we were, it's exactly the same reason it's impossible to talk to ex-girlfriends - they've seen everything. Worse, with ex-school'chums', they're almost certainly entirely unaware of the frailties they pierced (and, hopefully, bolstered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
let us know how it goes, bud.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 01:30 PM   #7
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Man, aren't you suppose to go to your 10 year high school reunion? I don't even remember getting an e-mail or snail mail notice of it. It would have occured about two years ago. Probobly wouldn't have gone anyways, but yet it came and went wtihout me even realizing it.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 01:37 PM   #8
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I was never into the idea when I was unemployed and forced to eat gravel. Now that I'm rich though, with my own mega successful company and second home in the Bahamas, I'm totally into it. I'd fucking buy the school and turn it into a massive lapdancing club if they'd let me.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 01:37 PM   #9
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i dont want to see those people again.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 01:45 PM   #10
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The thing is, as an adult I can cope with the people from school - they're just people.

I would say in my case, they are "just people" so much so that I would have no idea who the hell any of them were (let alone remember their name).

I only spent 2 years at that school, and before that I lived in another state, so I don't have close bonds with more than a handfull (who will be there tomorrow). and because I left texas, I don't even have the luxury that my wife does of saying "oh look there's _______, I haven't seen him in years" (having moved about every two years, this concept is completely alien to me).

even when I drive "home" to dallas, I never see anybody that I used to know while out and about. I thought that for sure I would at the butthole surfers show, but still nothing...

my self-imposed hermitage is bound to make this experience more mind blowing than that of what I assume are the more socially inclined.

other assumptions:

xxxxxxx still stares out the window and says "dog food" for no apparent reason.

xxxxxx, although married, still has no last name, never had a last name and never will (does anybody know her last name)?

xxxxxxxxx will attempt one last time to add my notch to her bedpost.

xxxxx will confess that the time she let me touch her breast was the most sensual experience that she's ever had (or expects to ever have).
Old 05.28.2009, 01:46 PM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Man, aren't you suppose to go to your 10 year high school reunion? I don't even remember getting an e-mail or snail mail notice of it. It would have occured about two years ago. Probobly wouldn't have gone anyways, but yet it came and went wtihout me even realizing it.

expected to, I'm sure. the prince of hell himself couldn't have forced me into it.

and I didn't get a 10 year notice either. the 20 year showed up a few months ago though (curse you myspace, and yr people finding ways).
Old 05.28.2009, 06:17 PM   #12
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i dont want to see those people again.

I have my 5 year coming up soon and I don't want to see those people either.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 08:02 PM   #13
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
whether or not The_Really_Hot_One will let me touch her breasts in exchange for wearing my ultra-goth bat necklace (a treasure lost to time).

pahahahahahahaahaaaa
Old 05.28.2009, 08:03 PM   #14
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
fuck no, I would never go to a (school organised) reunion. my next would be a 10 year. that is so ridiculous. jesus. Not sure I'd even go to one organised by the few I used to hang out with.
Old 05.28.2009, 08:15 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I really can't wait to see these people.

I think I want to see my friend amanda most of all. she was my first friend in dallas and until I found her again a few years ago on myspace, I assumed her to be dead (again).
Old 05.28.2009, 09:37 PM   #16
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
My class president eloped and got married the month after graduation and is now the trophy wife to the part owner of an up-and-coming-in-the-South-eat paintball empire, so it's unlikely I'll ever have a class reunions, but...

If I do manage to find my way to one my plan is to start slamming double neat scotches and picking fights.
Old 05.28.2009, 09:48 PM   #17
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

xxxxxxxxx will attempt one last time to add my notch to her bedpost.

xxxxx will confess that the time she let me touch her breast was the most sensual experience that she's ever had (or expects to ever have).

what the fuck are you talking about?

we are having a 20 year punkrockreunion (you don't have to be class of 89 or from a certain high school... just part of the scene back in the day) at a bar the day before the official reunion. no one is going to the official one. should be fun. i see some of those people frequently. we're all still a bunch of boozers.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 09:55 PM   #18
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I'd never go to one. There's a reason I only keep in close contact with two people from high school.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 09:56 PM   #19
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
We'll never have an SYG reunion.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 11:19 PM   #20
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
what the fuck are you talking about?
mostly just trolling you into posting. mostly.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth