Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Let's piss off some people
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2009, 10:48 AM   #1
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
It seems as though alot of the "Old Timers" on this board consider themselves to be part of some elite club that has no care for newcomers. By most accounts everyone is very welcoming and down to earth, but I keep seeing the posts and responses from people that are new to the site being ripped on and replied to with faintly concealed superiority & sarcasm.

Is someone better than another because they have spent the last 5 years of thier life making "intelligent commentary" on a stupid message board. There are quite a few people that have liked Sonic Youth for the majority of thier lifetime that were not compelled to totally enwrap themselves by a Fan Club, and share every detail of thier Sonic Intelect with others.

If we were to quailify users by thier senority of Sonic Youth knowledge or how long they have been listening to said band, then everyone under the age of 40 should be kicked off.

People come to this board looking for other people that have the same interests as them, not to be treated like they are still in highschool.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Old 07.28.2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses

Old 07.28.2009, 10:56 AM   #4
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
You make some good points. One thing I've noticed on this board is that some people tend to be "clique-ish" in terms of who they will respond to in a more personal way.
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:06 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
...Isn't that every message board?

This board has the least amount of assholes of any board I've ever posted to. Probably the only reason I still post here.

I think, obviously, there are more in-jokes amongst the oldtimers... but for the most part, everyone is warm, friendly, and helpful. Shrug. I pretty much act the same to everyone, which probably rubs some of the newbies the wrong way, since I will admit I have a very, erm, particular.. sense of humor.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:07 AM   #6
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I tend to think that we're a little tiny bit protective our little eco-system here. But a statement like "Is someone better than another because they have spent the last 5 years of thier life making "intelligent commentary" on a stupid message board." comes across as "I didn't want to be part of yr stupid club anyway!"

I wouldn't say we're really elitist here. But yeah, we do sort of "feel out" some of the newbs I guess... which isn't that uncommmon in any social circle.
Old 07.28.2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
It's because of her post formatting. Center aligned with (gasp!) colors!
Old 07.28.2009, 11:10 AM   #8
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
three years or more you know the score, only for the hardcore.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:12 AM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
also please note,

1. I'm under 30.
2. If you were looking to make nice, then why start a post with a mission statement of pissing off "some people"?
Old 07.28.2009, 11:13 AM   #10
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
You make some good points. One thing I've noticed on this board is that some people tend to be "clique-ish" in terms of who they will respond to in a more personal way.

fuck off. i have more than 300 posts!! ...that's more than twice as much as you, which proves conclusively that you know absolutely nothing, while i am omniscient.

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:13 AM   #11
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses

Boohoo
Old 07.28.2009, 11:15 AM   #12
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
a good amount of us have met each other in real life so there is a personal level to that
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:18 AM   #13
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
also please note,

1. I'm under 30.
2. If you were looking to make nice, then why start a post with a mission statement of pissing off "some people"?
1. I'm 31.
2. Cause I knew it would only piss of "some people" which would be those that would take offense. If you are not "some people" there is no reason to be pissed.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:24 AM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
somebody has to weed out the douchebags.

I consider it community service more than furthering my membership in an elitist club.

you see, I'm so elite that my Elite Club has only one member. me.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:38 AM   #15
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
somebody has to weed out the douchebags.

I consider it community service more than furthering my membership in an elitist club.

you see, I'm so elite that my Elite Club has only one member. me.

I heard your elite club kicked you out for being a cunt.

Anyway. It's a sausage fest. People tend to be cliquey in sausage fests. It's all the sausage smell, you see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:40 AM   #16
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
"thier"?

yes, I'm being twatty.
Actually that reminds me the numerous times I spelled "just" wrong ("jsut") I think my fingers move at different paces and mess up my spelling.

No, seriously, I get your point, but I think that meaningful/interesting/thought provoking/"new" (as in "with new content") posts don't get the freshman treatment from the "older posters", if you get what I mean.
There are like 15000 posters on this board (not all of em "active"), probably the ones who've been here for quite a long time, perhaps too long, don't get much excited when a new user pops up.
By the way, a good portion of those people who reply with faintly concealed superiority & sarcasm. (at least the genuinely "good" ones) are the less likely to get pissed off by something posted on this board.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:41 AM   #17
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
It seems as though alot of the "Old Timers" on this board consider themselves to be part of some elite club that has no care for newcomers. By most accounts everyone is very welcoming and down to earth, but I keep seeing the posts and responses from people that are new to the site being ripped on and replied to with faintly concealed superiority & sarcasm.

Is someone better than another because they have spent the last 5 years of thier life making "intelligent commentary" on a stupid message board. There are quite a few people that have liked Sonic Youth for the majority of thier lifetime that were not compelled to totally enwrap themselves by a Fan Club, and share every detail of thier Sonic Intelect with others.

If we were to quailify users by thier senority of Sonic Youth knowledge or how long they have been listening to said band, then everyone under the age of 40 should be kicked off.

People come to this board looking for other people that have the same interests as them, not to be treated like they are still in highschool.

Protip: you want to be treated all nice and happy and shit? 1) learn to spell 2) STOP FORMATTING YOUR TEXT

Thank you and have a good day.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:42 AM   #18
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking glass spectacle
fuck off. i have more than 300 posts!! ...that's more than twice as much as you, which proves conclusively that you know absolutely nothing, while i am omniscient.

Why the hostility? 300 posts? Who cares? As a (longtime) member of BOTH SY boards, I had 3,000 posts. Again, WHO CARES? That's what this thread is all about, duh.
I'm entitled to my opinion, since I have been on both boards.
Jeeez, lighten the fuck up.
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:42 AM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

she gives me a half blood prince

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 11:46 AM   #20
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I heard your elite club kicked you out for being a cunt.
quite the contrary, my Elite Club fosters cuntestry.

we'll be holding a bake-sale next week to promote world fascism if yr interested in a cupcake.

ps: who wants some bratwurst while it's hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Why the hostility? 300 posts? Who cares? As a (longtime) member of BOTH SY boards, I had 3,000 posts. Again, WHO CARES? That's what this thread is all about, duh.
I'm entitled to my opinion, since I have been on both boards.
Jeeez, lighten the fuck up.

you might be taking him a little too seriously. you see, had he been serious, he would have also added in his posts under USERNAME_X.

I hope this helps.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth