Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Should I Take These Antibiotics the Doctor Prescribed?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.09.2009, 06:03 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

I have a bad cystic infection on my ear, it was lanced, drained, yeah yeah nasty stuff, sort of embarassing, but also orgasmically relieving. I was so sick this weekend from this infection, I had high fever, fatigue, even small tremors and disabling pain..

so I went to the doctors, got no insurance, but found a good place, they took nice care of i-man. drained my infection, and I left feeling immediately better.

now what should I do with this antibiotics?

I-man like to cultivate the positive bacteria in my system to keep and maintain good health, digestion and nutrition. Should I risk what I have been cultivating for this?

The last time I took antibiotics was in the ER, I was dying of a horrible infection (I MEAN THIS LITERALLY!) and I was delirious, they injected three shots of antibiotics in my ass, and I was better. Of course, I had all the side effects of antibiotics, I got sick as shit from flus and colds for months after the fact, and I suffered from poor sleep and poor over-all health until my probiotic diet of greens and fresh fruits and yogurts brought me back up to par..

now what should I do? This infection was the worst I have had since the last one that put me in the ER, and I was seriously disabled by the pain and illness and fever, and I DO NOT want to end up in the ER again..
however I also do not want to loose my good bacteria in my colon and intestine.. what should I do?

any suggestions?

what about natural antibiotics? what should I risk? My health or my positive bacteria cultivation?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Your cultivation of positive bacteria is what we doctors call a load of wank.

Take the pills you-man and stop being a cock.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 06:06 PM   #3
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Shut the fuck up and take the fucking antibiotics.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 06:07 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
take the fucking antibiotics like the medic prescribed. they are there for a purpose: so that the fucking infection doesn't return & drill into your brain.

THEN, when you're done, buy yourself a nice few bottles of goat kefir & replenish yr gut flora.

you could go for a second opinion & get a different dosage maybe, if you have the money, or even call the medic & say "look, what's the minimum i could take", but don't ask internet locos how to treat your ear remotely. that shit's wack.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 06:13 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
take the fucking antibiotics like the medic prescribed. they are there for a purpose: so that the fucking infection doesn't return & drill into your brain.

THEN, when you're done, buy yourself a nice few bottles of goat kefir & replenish yr gut flora.

you could go for a second opinion & get a different dosage maybe, if you have the money, or even call the medic & say "look, what's the minimum i could take", but don't ask internet locos how to treat your ear remotely. that shit's wack.

I didn't cultivate positive bacteria from tv commercial advice or drinking Yukult.. I have it naturally from eating right.

the drag is that I will automatically loose my good shit in taking the antibiotics.. It is not about hype or publicity, I have ALWAYS avoided antibiotics..

and further, I truly experienced the negative side-effects of wiping out your bacteria from the last time.. so I am not sure.. I am trying to fish through all the publicity and hype literature about 'probiotics' and get some actual FACTS regarding this issue..

so any REAL help out there aside from saying, "do what the doctor says silly" cuz I didn't talk to that dude for more than 15 minutes, and I have been having EXCELLENT health and PERFECT digestion for the past 4 years at least! that is a damn fine track record..

I was thinking of taking garlic and echinacea instead.

at the least I plan to sleep on this decision

(oh yeah, and its advent so I can't have yogurt until January)

Old 12.09.2009, 06:15 PM   #6
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
just take the antibiotics and eat some yoghurt and probiotics. is it worth potentially getting so infected again you can't hear.

taking them once or twice is very different to taking them every other week.

jeez.
Old 12.09.2009, 06:23 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
just take the antibiotics and eat some yoghurt and probiotics. is it worth potentially getting so infected again you can't hear.

taking them once or twice is very different to taking them every other week.

jeez.

taking them ONCE clears out ALL the good bacteria.. it takes a minimum of THREE months to get it slightly back..

and I will GUARANTEED get the flu this season from my system getting off-balance.. the last time I took antibiotics I was sick the ENTIRE year after, catching EVERY cold and flu my way..

I only caught ONE flu last season and it was extremely mild.. in fact I am the healthiest, aside from this cyst, that I have ever been in my life..

I am honestly confused and unsure..

plus as I said, its advent, no dairy products until january..

I am hoping some of you out there in internet land have positive experience with my situation, perhaps taking herbal remedies or balancing yr diet, or at the least, propose some kind of alternatives to taking the antibiotics, after all, there is quite the diverse crowd out there in SYG..

sincere thanks to you all for your insight and/or concern by the way

Old 12.09.2009, 06:26 PM   #8
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
take the drugs a medical professional prescribed and dont ask a a bunch of randoms on a bulletin board...

edit: i eat very well all the time and when i have to take antibiotics it doesnt take my body that long to adjust and i am on immunosupressants, so do what ever you feel like, you will anyway and if you worry about pissy little colds and flues maybe you need to toughen up princess.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 06:28 PM   #9
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
suchfriends, generally speaking you aren't on your deathbed(I don't think), as much as you hate the idea of antibiotics, they do exist for a reason.

You could just not take them, and see how you go, but I really think (as someone who has had numerous ear/nose/throat problems throughout their life, you would really be better off taking them and ridding your body of what is causing you ill right now, rather than worrying about what might potentially maybe cause you ill in a couple of months. As long as you keep up a good diet after you take the antibiotics you will be fine, AND you won't have puss spilling out of your ear and not be able to sleep on one side/hear properly/ etc.

Old 12.09.2009, 06:28 PM   #10
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
just take them. living in la is probably worse for your health than these things ever could be.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 06:43 PM   #11
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
What will happen if you eat dairy before January?
Furthermore if you're not supposed to eat dairy during advent, why is there a piece of chocolate behind each window of my Sonic Youth advent calendar?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 07:03 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
suchfriends, generally speaking you aren't on your deathbed(I don't think), as much as you hate the idea of antibiotics, they do exist for a reason.

You could just not take them, and see how you go, but I really think (as someone who has had numerous ear/nose/throat problems throughout their life, you would really be better off taking them and ridding your body of what is causing you ill right now, rather than worrying about what might potentially maybe cause you ill in a couple of months. As long as you keep up a good diet after you take the antibiotics you will be fine, AND you won't have puss spilling out of your ear and not be able to sleep on one side/hear properly/ etc.

I am not on my deathbed now, that is why I do not want to take them..

the last time I took antibiotics WAS on my deathbed, the doctors there told me very sternly that if I had waited two more days to make it in i would have died from the infection I had because it had gotten so severe so quickly..

this time is nothing like that, but needless to say my last infection has me slightly anxious about the current one.. but also, the antibiotics wiped me out last time, and I was sick as a result...

decisions decisions..

Old 12.09.2009, 07:04 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
What will happen if you eat dairy before January?

Old 12.09.2009, 07:06 PM   #14
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
get health insurance so you can get a second opinion.

even then though probably wouldn't make a difference, the doctors will always tell you take something, that's just what they do
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 07:09 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
get health insurance so you can get a second opinion.

even then though probably wouldn't make a difference, the doctors will always tell you take something, that's just what they do

my point exactly! bad prescriptions literally KILL THOUSANDS of people a year

the doctor may very well have given my the prescription because he thought that I wanted him to or expected it, not necessarily because I needed it. doctors have a bad habit of passing out antibiotics like they were sugar free candy..

Old 12.09.2009, 07:13 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
what you SHOULDN'T do is, take some of the antibiotics and then decide to stop half-way.

you can blame that type of idiot for MRSA.

if you want positive cultures, eat yogurt.

if you want to get over yr ear infection, take the fucking antibiotics and listen to Dr. Pookie.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 07:15 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I didn't cultivate positive bacteria from tv commercial advice or drinking Yukult.. I have it naturally from eating right.

the drag is that I will automatically loose my good shit in taking the antibiotics.. It is not about hype or publicity, I have ALWAYS avoided antibiotics..

and further, I truly experienced the negative side-effects of wiping out your bacteria from the last time.. so I am not sure.. I am trying to fish through all the publicity and hype literature about 'probiotics' and get some actual FACTS regarding this issue..

so any REAL help out there aside from saying, "do what the doctor says silly" cuz I didn't talk to that dude for more than 15 minutes, and I have been having EXCELLENT health and PERFECT digestion for the past 4 years at least! that is a damn fine track record..

I was thinking of taking garlic and echinacea instead.

at the least I plan to sleep on this decision

(oh yeah, and its advent so I can't have yogurt until January)

that tv! goat kefir is teh shiznit. by the way, your gut bacteria goes away also when you fast-- which you do. so fear not.

then again, i do not like antibiotics unless I MUST. e.g., post-surgery, or if i have a nasty-ass pneumonia-- but i haven't had that in years & years-- these days when i feel a little ill i take to bed so i never develop a full blown flu or secondary bacterial infections-- so i hear what you're saying. whenever i use a disinfectant is only topical-- h202 or alcohol and very rarely some neosporin (if, say, the cut is getting worse).

if you want some juju medicine, then stuff a fucking garlic clove in your ear canal, ha ha. or something. not sure about echinacea.

regarding "probiotics" & shit, get yourself some organic goat kefir man-- goats fucking rule. organic, no fruit, no additives, no GMOs, just the goat and her tit and a bucket of ferment and eventually yr mouth. oh yeah. then: out the ass happy.

but anyway, goat tits or not, you don't want that nasty infection to return-- garlick didn't stop it. i'm sure the anti-pharisaic code would forgive your advent yogurt in case of illness. you can always take tablets but i find live shit is way better.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 07:17 PM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
ps: if you think that yr going to go to hell over yoplait, find some lactobacillus acidophilus supplements at yr local health-food store.
Old 12.09.2009, 07:19 PM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

pps: I can't wait to read yr thread about going to the ER because you had a garlic clove stuck in yr (r)ear.
Old 12.09.2009, 07:46 PM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
what you SHOULDN'T do is, take some of the antibiotics and then decide to stop half-way.

you can blame that type of idiot for MRSA.

if you want positive cultures, eat yogurt.

if you want to get over yr ear infection, take the fucking antibiotics and listen to Dr. Pookie.

duh. I haven't even broken the seal on that shit.. like I said, antibiotics are like acid, there is no turning back after you drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that tv! goat kefir is teh shiznit. by the way, your gut bacteria goes away also when you fast-- which you do. so fear not.
so i hear what you're saying. whenever i use a disinfectant is only topical-- h202 or alcohol and very rarely some neosporin (if, say, the cut is getting worse).

regarding "probiotics" & shit, get yourself some organic goat kefir man-- goats

true true true. I noticed a decline in probacteria in because when I fast me breath gets a bit strong, and generally it is rather pleasant. the first sign of bad digestive health is bad breath, which originates from bacterial imbalances in yr intestines, not yr mouth. but I am sure that fasting does not wipe them out entirely, and further, the vegan diet I eat when fasting has some positive effects because fruits and veggies are more beneficial in cultivating probacteria than yogurts or other dairy sources.. good bacteria love to eat greens and fruit, bad bacteria love to eat flour and sugar.

decisions decisions..

good advice y'all, much thanks and love for all your considerations

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth