Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page ways to make money
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.17.2010, 06:25 PM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
do any of you have any good ideas ha.

im talking about non 9-5 extra cirricular ways of generating some income. things you might have going on the side. good ways to save and get interest, stoozing or anything at all.

this is prompted by my poverty and realisation that i cannot handle my money whatsoever and recklessly blow it, so i have decided to try to be more responsible and find ways of getting getting some cash coming in.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 06:31 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I wish.

lately, I've been playing a game called "Quit My Day Job or Die Trying".

with this game, I try to think of ways to become filthy rich along with equally fantastic ways of dying.

so far, I've got "screenplay" and "autoerotic asphyxiation".
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
If you're a drinker, getting a bar job Saturday/ Sunday is a good way of curbing drink expenditure. Unless your mates are weeknight drinkers.

There's always plenty of farm work going. It's low-paid, but it is pretty destructive, meaning you won't have the energy to do much else. Also, healthy, blah blah.

I wouldn't whore your arse out though. I understand that's not as well-paid as you might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 06:47 PM   #4
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i did this government thing where i got paid to sit on the computer and look for jobs.

i just started this smoking survey thing where they give me unmarked cigarettes and i answer stupid questions about them, i think there is probably tonnes of market research stuff like that going on all the time in a major city

welfare is the best possibility if you're eligible.

if you have a car you can pick up metals or wood pallets and recycle them for decent cash.

the homeless guys i know always have clues on someway to get quick and easy money you could talk to some of them.
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 06:49 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k

im talking about non 9-5 extra cirricular ways of generating some income. things you might have going on the side. good ways to save and get interest, stoozing or anything at all.

this is prompted by my poverty and realisation that i cannot handle my money whatsoever and recklessly blow it, so i have decided to try to be more responsible and find ways of getting getting some cash coming in.

what are you good at? what do you enjoy doing? i mean, besides wanking.

also, stupid as it sounds, take this test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 07:02 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

im talking about non 9-5 extra cirricular ways of generating some income. things you might have going on the side. good ways to save and get interest,

nothing I can discuss comfortably over the air-waves..

"gotta be careful on them phones cuz them folks might be tapin.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 07:29 PM   #7
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
Can you write? Tons of websites that desire frequently updated content are willing to pay for it. And I'm not talking about sites looking for 'creative writers' or 'reviewers' (they won't pay you shit), but business websites looking for product write-ups and key word loaded 'articles' that help them place in search engines.

Then there's always focus groups. They'll pay a couple hundred a pop sometimes for sitting in on an hour or two of bullshit.

Also nude modeling on the internet.

i can write quite well. that's a good idea, im off to try and find those sites you speak of.
Old 02.17.2010, 07:35 PM   #8
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
open a web design company
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 07:45 PM   #9
ni'k
invito al cielo

crime is one of the other things i have the time, inclination and patience to put some hard work into, but i am all out of ideas. not going down the drug dealing route again, something more in the fraud line would suit me.

is there really any money in web design still?
Old 02.17.2010, 07:46 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
crime is one of the other things i have the time, inclination and patience to put some hard work into, but i am all out of ideas. not going down the drug dealing route again, something more in the fraud line would suit me.

is there really any money in web design still?

this also works

Old 02.17.2010, 07:47 PM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
open a web design company
*snare-drums*
Old 02.17.2010, 07:50 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
*snare-drums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Long story shortish:
I run an online business and needed a site redesign. After getting bids from several companies in the area I went with the company that claimed they could do what I needed at a competitive rate. As the months dragged on I realized they were not going to deliver on half of their promises and that I was going to get a watered down version of what we had agreed upon, so yesterday I had a meeting with the owner where I terminated my relationship with them even though I was walking away from my 50% deposit of $3000.

On the way out the door the owner not only threatened to sue for the other half but threatened to open my website anyway under a different name and become my competition. I looked him in the eyes and said "Thanks for confirming that this was the right decision for me to make. What kind of ethics is that??" and walked out the door shaking my head.

What an entrepreneurial douche-bag!! I will never let money do that to me.

If you want something done right, do it your god damn self. Lesson learned.

in the states a lot of folks get fraudulent disability/SSI.. perhaps you should defraud the dole?

Old 02.17.2010, 07:58 PM   #13
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
in the states a lot of folks get fraudulent disability/SSI.. perhaps you should defraud the dole?

i had a legitimate claim a while back but they kicked me off it (unjustly) and im still trying to get it back.
Old 02.17.2010, 08:02 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i had a legitimate claim a while back but they kicked me off it (unjustly) and im still trying to get it back.

ahh.. chasin' that gub'ment cheese meal-ticket!

A friend of mine had that plan for years, but he failed to understand as I tried to explain that in the US, they give a lot of black folk SSI/Disability as a kind of secret "reparation" and he not being black, was not going to get it for nothing. Maybe this will change their perception of you?

Old 02.17.2010, 08:03 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

woopie made him do it.
Old 02.17.2010, 08:09 PM   #16
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
ahh.. chasin' that gub'ment cheese meal-ticket!

A friend of mine had that plan for years, but he failed to understand as I tried to explain that in the US, they give a lot of black folk SSI/Disability as a kind of secret "reparation" and he not being black, was not going to get it for nothing. Maybe this will change their perception of you?

man, i was on it and getting housin benefit aswell, and i was in hospital for a few weeks and so was completly unaware of the letter that had arrived at my house asking me to come in for a medical exam. anyway when i got back i noticed i had missed it and thought nothing of it since i was in hospital. so i moved house and a few months later they cut off EVERYTHING and then demanded over a grand back in rent for the house i was living in now! thus making me homeless and putting me in a grands worth of debt, and cutting off all my money. all because i didnt attend an appointment i didnt even know about.

but being on it was horrible - people treat you like scum and you live in constant paranoia that you will loose it and end up broke, or they will suddenly decide you arent entitled and youll have to repay it all or some shit.
Old 02.17.2010, 08:14 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
rent your cock to amerikangod. you must travel to america though, as he's wheelchair-bound.

alternatively, i think he's right, you could make some small coin by churning bullshit. be prepared for some hardship though. a friend of mine was a freelance writer in dublin and she had to deal with some shitty irish people (chuckle) who would not want to pay, she had to get in their face, all sorts of shit. but if you've got the balls, go for it.

are you still in belfast, or did you migrate? because there are all different kinds of markets locally and ultimately you must have to get face to face to make deals, etc.

there are ways also to sell the shit online but shit's riskier.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 08:38 PM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

cripple jokes. my MOM'S in a wheelchair, you insensitive lout.

well, not really, but if she were, I'd be pissed.
Old 02.17.2010, 09:09 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
cripple jokes. my MOM'S in a wheelchair, you insensitive lout.

well, not really, but if she were, I'd be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 10:14 AM   #20
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
what skills do you have? What about something simple like dog walking or pamphlet dropping?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth