Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 2,946 Homicides LOS ANGELES Times Interactive Map 2007-2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.02.2010, 09:05 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
This shit is utterly, hopelessly, depressingly sad

On March 30 a kid got smoked in front of the park I chill at one block from my Church. On Valentine's Day 2007 a kid got smoked in front of the houses right behind my Church..

2,946 homicides from January 2007-July 2010

fucking shit

there were 15 homicides within a square mile of my house alone (and I live in a ridiculously good neighborhood!!!)

2007 was a bad year, 10 of the 15 were in that year, I remember it was a bit wild, some youngsters thought they would pick some gang fights with some other youngsters from Compton T-Flats and learned the hard way..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2010, 09:28 PM   #2
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
do you know the rate in the us for unsolved crimes?
the most depressing part is that a significant amount of these homicides go unsolved and no one is punished.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2010, 09:31 PM   #3
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
On March 30 a kid got smoked in front of the park I chill at one block from my Church. On Valentine's Day 2007 a kid got smoked in front of the houses right behind my Church..

It sounds like your church is the constant. Tear down the church and see if the killings stop.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2010, 10:38 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to knox again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
It sounds like your church is the constant. Tear down the church and see if the killings stop.
and my house in a good neighborhood on the south east side?

I had been trying to compile this information for years, it has been impossible to connect all the dots like LA Times Project did..

it it just shocking, even when I have long been conscious of it all, putting names and dates and spots on the map really bring it home.

22 in the lame suburban town I grew up in.
16 in the lame suburban town I live in.
55 or more within a square mile of my church.

all in the past three years.. it its so fucked up and overwhelming to fathom how some many of us Angelinos hardly notice all this violence, and further how American cities across the country live in the same sense of apathy and voluntary blindness.. how could we be killing so many of ourselves? These are fucking Baghdad numbers! If these numbers happened in London, Paris or Madrid there would be so much public out-roar!

lord have his mercy!

tear drops and closed caskets..

Old 08.02.2010, 10:46 PM   #5
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
ban punk music, its clearly to blame.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2010, 10:50 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

(ALL THESE ARE LOCAL TO MY LAME SUBURBAN TOWN)

Benjamin Velasco, 18

Died July 29, 2007 at 2:17 a.m.
Benjamin Velasco, 18, a Latino young man, was killed in the same double-homicide that also killed 21-year-old Julio Ramirez in Paramount. Velasco was shot at least once in the incident at 15323 Hayter Ave. He died at 2:17 a.m. Sunday, July 29.
The pair were shot by drive-by gunmen as they were standing outside a family gathering in the 15300 block of Hayter Avenue in Paramount at about 11 p.m. Saturday, July 28, said Sheriff's Det. Todd Anderson. Investigators believe the suspects may be Latino men or youths. They escaped in their car. Both victims were transported to Long Beach Memorial Hospital, where Velasco died at about 2 a.m. Sunday; Ramirez died five hours later. Ramirez had recently gotten out of jail.
Police are seeking help, including anonymous tips, from anyone who saw anything that night. Call Anderson or Det. Gary Sika at (323) 890-5500.
Update: Sheriff's Det. Todd Anderson and Gary Sika have cleared this case.
Three men — Luis Rodriguez, 24, a Latino man; his brother, Daniel Cowie, 19, and a friend, Irvin Heredia, 19, also Latino — were arrested this week and charged with murder in the deaths of Ramirez and Velasco. "Gangs. Gang rivalry," was the motive, Anderson. "One gang is trying to muscle into another's territory, basically."
Another case was also cleared in the course of this one. Rodriguez has been charged in the killing of Salvador Avila, 19, at a fight at a Tam's restaurant in Paramount on June 24. A second suspect was also arrested in connection with that case. More to come.
Salvador Avila Jr., 19

Died June 24, 2007 at 2:00 a.m.

Salvador Avila Jr., 19, suffered multiple gunshot wounds at 8454 Alondra Blvd. in Paramount, and died at 2 a.m. Sunday, June 24.
According to Sheriff's Det. Ray Lugo, Avila was a high school graduate from Compton who had just gone to the local Tam's that night for some food. A friend he was with got into a fight with other Latino men at the Tam's, and was knocked unconscious. Avila went over—not to fight—but to help his friend, Lugo said. He tried to pulled the unconscious man of the ground and get him to a car. As he was doing so, he was shot.
Update: Sheriff's homicide detectives Lugo and Sgt. Joe Ramirez have cleared this case. Arrested were Luis Rodriguez, 24, and Adrian Chavez, 27, both of whom fought with the friend. Rodriguez, who prosecutors say was the shooter, is also charged in a double murder in Paramount.
Chavez and Rodriguez were identified as suspects in the Avila case about two days before Rodriguez is suspected to have killed the additional victims of the Paramount double murder. Police had Rodriguez in their sites—internal flyers had circulated in station houses about him—but deputies were not able to find him in time. He is accused of murdering Julio Ramirez and Benjamin Velasco on July 28, a little more than a month after Avila's murder. He was caught a few days after that, now with three suspected murders in his wake.
Randy Walls, 18

Died Oct. 27, 2007 at 7:24 p.m.
Randy Spencer Walls, 18, a black young man, was shot about 9:34 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, at 9206 Park Street in Bellflower. Severely injured, he struggled in the hospital to survive and died Oct. 27 at 7:24 p.m.
Sheriff's Det. Joe Sheehy said a Latino man or youth came up behind Walls and shot him at close range — perhaps from about 10 feet away. Walls was a high-school graduate, he said.
Anyone with information, including anonymous tips, is asked to call Sheehy at (323) 890-5500.
Jacob Walker, 15

Died Jan. 21, 2007 at 7:25 a.m.
Jacob Walker, a 15-year-old black male, was shot at 8572 Park St. in Bellflower and died at 7:25 Jan. 21.
Police allege that his 24-year-old brother took him along on a burglary and that they broke into a house to steal marijuana plants that were purportedly used for medical reasons. The burglary victim came across them in the backyard and fired shots as they fled, killing the boy. Prosecutors are weighing whether the shooting was self-defense.
Roketi Mosesue, 46

Died May 17, 2008 at 7:50 p.m.

Long Beach: Roketi Su`e, a 46-year-old Samoan man, was shot and killed by police officers in the 3400 block of East 67th Street about 7 p.m. Saturday, May 17. He was taken to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
According to a Long Beach police statement, officers responded to several calls from residents in the neighborhood about a man who was acting violently and erractically. When they arrived at the scene, officers saw Su`e and tried to arrest him, police said. The officers were then involved in a "physical altercation" with Su`e, according to the statement. The officers used their batons to gain control of Su`e but were unable to. Fearing for their lives, one of the officers shot Su`e multiple times in the torso, the statement said. Shortly after the shooting, officers were confronted by at least 40 people. Additional units arrived to assist the officers, and police were able to take control of the situation, according to the statement. Police said the L.A. County coroner's office will determine whether Su'e was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Anyone with information about the incident can call Long Beach homicide detectives at (562) 570-7244. Above: A family photo of Roketi Su`e

Lashaun Menifee, 28

Died Sept. 2, 2007 at 12:38 a.m.

LaShaun Menefee, 28, a black woman, was shot at a Chevron station at 8504 Artesia Blvd. in Bellflower and taken to a Lakewood hospital, where she died at 12:38 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 2.
She had gone to the crowded gas station, and stopped by the mini-mart to buy something, said Sheriff's Lt. Larry Lincoln. As she was walking back to her car, a champagne-colored, mid-sized car drove by southbound on Downey, and a black man or youth inside fired five to eight rounds into the crowd.
Menefee was almost to her car; she was struck once in the torso. Companions drove her to Lakewood Hospital.

Old 08.02.2010, 10:52 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

(THESE ARE IN SOUTH CENTRAL WHERE I ATTEND CHURCH)

Jorge Garcia, 17

Died March 30, 2010 at 10:27 a.m.
Jorge Garcia, a 17-year-old Latino, was shot and killed Tuesday, March 30, on the corner of 47th and Honduras streets in Central-Alameda, according to Los Angeles County coroner's records.
Garcia, a 38th Street gang member, was standing across the street from Honduras Park about 10 a.m. when he was confronted by a rival gang member and shot, said Det. Julio Benavidas of the LAPD Newton Division.
The victim was taken to California Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 10:27 a.m., according to coroner's records.
The assailant fled on foot to the Pueblo Housing Developments, where he was later apprehended after he discarded a weapon, Benavidas said. He was identified as William Reed, an 18-year-old black man and Bloods gang member.
A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Reed has been charged with one count of murder. He is being held at the North County Correctional Facility in Castaic.
— Sarah Ardalani

(THIS IS AT THE PARK I CHILL AT EVERY SUNDAY AROUND 10AM, I KNOW ALL THE 38th Lil Homiez there, they are cool with me being there, but I wouldn't have expected it, I mean there are dudes playing futbol and basketball and kids playing on the playground at the park at that time )

Ricardo Lazarraga, 15

Died Feb. 14, 2007 at 3:30 a.m.
Ricardo Lazarraga, a 15-year-old Latino boy, was shot in the neck Feb. 14 at 1531 E. 46th St. in South-Central Los Angeles and died two days later in County-USC Medical Center at 3:30 a.m. Feb. 16.
Police said two male Latino attackers had walked up to Lizarraga on the street about 8:15 p.m. Apparently mistaking him for a gang combatant, they shot him.
Another boy with a bicycle might have been with or near him at the time of the shooting, but he has not been found. Neighbors described Ricardo as a quiet boy who rarely went outside. "Just a senseless killing," said Det. Johnny Villa of LAPD's Newton Division. "The kid was not even a doggone gang member." Police are seeking any information, including anonymous tips. Call (323) 846-6556.
Update: Two Latino men or youths were arrested.

(THIS KID GOT SHOT RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY PRIEST'S HOUSE BEHIND THE CHURCH!!! Where we walk up to at 8pm for vigils and midnight mass)

Jorge Rosas Jr., 28

Died Feb. 14, 2008 at 10:30 a.m.
Jorge Rosas Jr., a 28-year-old Latino man, was fatally shot near the intersection of 48th Street and Compton Boulevard in South Los Angeles on Thursday, Feb. 14.
His time of death was listed as 10:30 a.m., according to a coroner's report.

( I buy pan dulche at that bread market every other sunday morning at that intersection)

Old 08.02.2010, 10:59 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Esteban Caraveo, 36

Died April 13, 2008 at 2:45 a.m.

Esteban Caraveo, a 36-year-old Latino man, was fatally shot at 4516 Long Beach Ave. in South Los Angeles about 2:25 a.m. Sunday, April 13. According to Police Lt. Cheryl Cronin of LAPD's Newton Division, Caraveo was standing on the sidewalk when he was shot. A second man was also shot and was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he was recovering.
The motive for the shooting is still unknown, Cronin said. She said the relationship between the Caraveo and the other man was also unknown. The shooting occurred near the MTA's Blue Line Vernon station and a popular swap meet in the area.

(my train station)
Laura Sanchez, 34

Died March 18, 2007 at 10:52 p.m.

Laura Sanchez, 34, a Latina woman, was shot at 4514 Long Beach Ave. E. in LAPD's Newton Division south of downtown Los Angeles and died at 10:52 p.m. March 18. Latino men or youths drove by her parked car and shot her, police said. She was a mother of five, killed in front of her 17-year-old son.(Click here for full article.)
Update: This case has been cleared. Four black suspects were arrested and charged.
Dispatch [Originally published March 19, 2007]

"Can't you make this come out on the front page of the newspaper instead of the war?" Laura Sanchez's nephew asked. "We have a war here."
Sanchez, 34, a Latina woman, was shot and killed in the 4500 block of Long Beach Boulevard in LAPD's Newton Division just south of downtown L.A. at 10:10 p.m. Sunday, March 18. Latino men or youths drove by her parked car and shot her, police said. She was a mother of five, killed in front of her 17-year-old son.
Her nephew spoke the morning after Sanchez was killed by gunfire while parking her car at the curb.
Family members were setting up a shrine as he spoke. Sanchez was the mother of five children, ages 5 to 19. The family offered pictures, not just of Sanchez, but also of her children. "She was a very devoted mother," said her sister-in-law, Adela Barajas. "Her house was the family hangout. We'd come over, and she'd cook."
Sanchez was on her way from a waltzing class that her daughter and friends were taking in preparation for the daughter's upcoming quinceanera. Her 17-year-old son was in the car.
When they parked at the curb, some men or youths drove by. They spotted the 17-year-old son, then fired, striking Sanchez. She died later at a hospital. The son was not hit. He was not a gang member, and police don't think the attackers knew him.
Barajas, the sister-and-law, explains how she told the rest of Sanchez's children the news. The 5-year-old had difficulty understanding; she explained that Sanchez had to leave to take care of a late grandparent. Barajas said wants to speak out publicly in protest, then began to cry. "I know I have to say something, but it's hard," she said. Anyone with information is asked to call Newton Division homicide detectives at (323) 846-6556.
(same station )
Victor Moreno, 19

Died May 14, 2009 at 5:13 p.m.
Victor Moreno, a 19-year-old Latino, was shot several times and killed on Thursday, May 14, in the 1700 block of East Vernon Avenue in Central Alameda, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
Coroner's investigators said Moreno was standing on a street corner when someone drove by and shot him.

(at the donut shop I go to )

Old 08.02.2010, 11:05 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Carlos Ramirez, 24

Died Jan. 11, 2007 at 2:20 p.m.
Carlos Ramirez, a 24-year-old Latino male, died Thursday, Jan. 11, after being shot in Artesia, according to Los Angeles County coroner's records.

Jonathan Muse, 17

Died Aug. 20, 2008 at 12:45 a.m.
Jonathan Joseph Muse, a 17-year-old white youth, was fatally shot while riding his bicycle on Pioneer Boulevard at the 91 Freeway underpass in Artesia about 12:10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20. The teen was taken to Long Beach Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. More on the Artesia shooting.
Anyone with information can call detectives from the L.A. County Sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500. Callers can remain anonymous.
Humberto Campos, 22

Died July 14, 2008
Humberto Campos, 22, a Latino man, was shot during a dispute in the 11800 block of Arkansas Street in Artesia about 2 p.m. Monday, July 14. Campos was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Campos was standing on the sidewalk when he was approached by a Latino man. The two men began to argue, then the Latino man pulled out a gun and shot Campos several times.

(These were all on the street where my mom goes to church in the church I grew up in before i went Orthodox)

Old 08.02.2010, 11:09 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

all these names, faces, dates, stories add a new sense of drama to the geography of my daily routine. I have always known about them, they are all close to my doors, so I often know about them at the time, but having them all on one list, at one place stacked together, it is rather sobering. When I walk by the gates of Church there is that youth Ricardo, or at the park there is Jorge, next to the platform bout to get on the train, there is Laura Sanchez..

God Bless Their Souls!

Old 08.02.2010, 11:17 PM   #11
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Leave that resource hogging, polluted and crime ridden shit hole already!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2010, 11:54 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Leave that resource hogging, polluted and crime ridden shit hole already!

I'm Ethiopia bound but this is my town, and every facet of it is me, its hard to explain, but I "love Cali like love women", and I will miss it when I am inevitably gone..

let Pac break it down to ya

To live and die in LA, where everyday we try to fatten our pockets
Us niggas hustle for the cash so it's hard to knock it
Everybody got they own thang, currency chasing
Worldwide through the hard times, worrying faces
Shed tears as we bury niggas close to heart
What was a friend now a ghost in the dark, cold hearted about it
Nigga got smoked by a fiend, trying to floss on him
Blind to a broken man's dream, a hard lesson
Court cases keep me guessing, plea bargain ain't an option now,
So I'm stressing, cost me more to be free than a life in the pen
Making money off of cuss words, writing again
Learn how to think ahead, so I fight with my pen
Late night down Sunset liking the scene
What's the worst they could do to a nigga got me lost in hell
To live and die in LA on bail, my angel sing

To live and die in LA, it's the place to be
You've got to be there to know it, what everybody wanna see

It's the City of Angels and constant danger
South Central LA, can't get no stranger
Full of drama like a soap opera, on the curb
Watching the ghetto bird helicopters,
I observe
So many niggas getting three strikes, tossed in jail
I swear the pen the right across from hell, I can't cry
'cause it's on now, I'm just a nigga on his own now
Living life Thug style, so I can't smile
Writing to my peoples when they ask for pictures
Thinking Cali just fun and bitches, ha ha ha
Better learn about the dress code, B's and C's
All them other niggas copycats, these is G's
I love Cali like I love woman
'cause every nigga in LA got a little bit of Thug in him
We might fight amongst each other, but I promise you this
We'll burn this bitch down, get us pissed
To live and die in LA

'cause would it be LA without Mexicans?
Black love brown pride and the sets again
Pete Wilson trying to see us all broke, I'm on some bullshit
Out for everything they owe, remember K-DAY
Weekends, Crenshaw -- MLK
Automatics rang free, niggas lost they way
Gang signs being showed, nigga love your hood
But recognize and it's all good, where the weed at?
Niggas getting shermed out
Snoop Dogg in this motherfucker perved out, M.O.B.
Big Suge in the Low-Low, bounce and turn
Dogg Pound in the Lex, with a ounce to burn
Got them Watts niggas with me, OFTB
They got some hash took the stash left the rest for me
Neckbone, Tre, Head Ron, Punchy too
Big Rock got knocked, but this one's for you
I hit the studio and drop a jewel, hoping it pay
Getting high watching time fly, to live and die in LA

I wouldn't let a thing like swift, blinding violence chase me outta my own town, if anything shit like this motivates and inspires me to stay positive, to stay the course, to walk around these places not defeated, sad or afraid, but rather to stand up with joy and love for all folks, and spread that optimism and love around, from my experience a little but of sincere love goes a long way.. besides somebody gotta hold it down for the Most High

Old 08.03.2010, 07:31 AM   #13
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I honestly believe these numbers have something to do with being able to get guns. I was looking at statistics yesterday (regarding women being killed by their partners) and the crime seemed more common in the US than in any other country that does not allow people to purchase guns. In fact, 70%-80% of these murders (throughout the american continent) happen with guns.

I'm not saying there is no killing without guns, I'm saying that it somehow makes it happen less often, less time to think, less to do, easier to do, easier to get away, more prone to accidents and rage.

If people could be saved by giving up the "constitutional right" to carry a weapon, wouldn't you agree itīs for the best?

Old 08.03.2010, 07:53 AM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I was talking to some friends from rural Ohio about this the other day. They're odd (to me, as a Brit) in that their approach is that handguns should be banned, while rifles and so on aren't really that useful for killing people quickly. I'm not sure I agree with them, but I've got more sympathy for their position than the blanket 'It's a constitutional right' cop-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2010, 11:06 AM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

what sucks most is how repetative these stories are..

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I honestly believe these numbers have something to do with being able to get guns. I was looking at statistics yesterday (regarding women being killed by their partners) and the crime seemed more common in the US than in any other country that does not allow people to purchase guns. In fact, 70%-80% of these murders (throughout the american continent) happen with guns.

I'm not saying there is no killing without guns, I'm saying that it somehow makes it happen less often, less time to think, less to do, easier to do, easier to get away, more prone to accidents and rage.

If people could be saved by giving up the "constitutional right" to carry a weapon, wouldn't you agree itīs for the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I was talking to some friends from rural Ohio about this the other day. They're odd (to me, as a Brit) in that their approach is that handguns should be banned, while rifles and so on aren't really that useful for killing people quickly. I'm not sure I agree with them, but I've got more sympathy for their position than the blanket 'It's a constitutional right' cop-out.

I agree completely, but in reality knox, it is pretty hard to find guns in Los Angeles, as they closed up all the gunshops. Ten years ago there were still a lot of gun shops and street dealers would steal them from inventory shipments at the rail yard in san pedro, you could get brand new in the box nines on the block for dirt cheap. They still sold pistols at Wal-Mart and there were many many gun shops, gun shows, and gun traders. Now there are only a hand full of legitimate dealers in the area, and getting a gun out on the block is much more difficult than ever before, the kids are carrying rusty, beat up and (burned) straps that they keep shuffling around between em, where as they used to have nice shit.

While the murder rate is considerably down from the early-90s, it is still startling high for any place on earth, and that is WITH heavy gun control. I would say from the perspective of California, that gun control works, the problem is that we all have to be on the same page. With Arizona (who is so ironically crying over cartel violence while they are large contributor to all the cross border gun-running ) having such easy laws, a lot of these guns are coming still coming into Cali from there, the US needs to really get back on track.

I say FUCK IT and FUCK the SECOND AMMENDMENT, KILLING IS AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION TOO!!

fuck guns!

LA has a serious problem though, they are bullshitting all the time. Whenever gang outreach programs and community leaders negotiate peace treaties and squash beef on the streets, the city fails to back em up and instead of putting after school programs, rehabs and community centers, instead of putting money into the outreach and activists and community leadership who are making all the right moves, they take the gangsters kindness for weakness and impose absurd gang injunctions, sweeps, and put the money into hiring more law enforcement, jail and court staffing, and they perpetuate a climate of fear and wrecklessness!

such potential!

Old 08.03.2010, 11:14 AM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Dexter Luckett, 23

Died June 16, 2010 at 10:27 p.m.
Dexter Luckett, a 23-year-old black man, was shot and killed by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies Wednesday, June 16, in the 16100 block of Eucalyptus Avenue in Bellflower, according to Los Angeles County coroner's records.
Lakewood station deputies responded to a call of shots fired about 9:43 p.m., according to a sheriff's news release. When they arrived at the location, they contacted several informants who confirmed they heard gunshots in the area.
One of the informants "directed the deputies to the rear of an apartment complex" where authorities located Luckett, who they said matched the description of the shooter given by the informant.
A deputy ordered Luckett to raise his hands, walk to the radio car and place his hands on the hood. At first, Luckett raised his hands then allegedly dropped his left hand toward his waistband. According to sheriff's officials, at that point the deputy again ordered Luckett to raise his hands and he complied, but as he reached the hood of the car, he quickly dropped his left hand to his rear waistband area, out of the deputy's view.
Believing the suspect had retrieved a weapon and in fear for his life, authorities said the deputy fired one round from his duty weapon, hitting Luckett in the upper body.
However, in preliminary findings from the coroner's office, it was found that Luckett was shot twice, once in the arm and torso.
After the shooting, Luckett was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead at 10:27 p.m., according to coroner's records.
No deputies were injured in the incident. Authorities said no weapon was recovered at the scene.
— Sarah Ardalani

(FUCKING PIGZ! these are the same cops that drew down on me a few months ago and put a strap to my head, all over a misunderstanding!)

Old 08.03.2010, 11:45 AM   #17
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

Of course it is the availability of guns that results in the violence we find in America and no where else in the industrialized world. You would have to be a retard or a republican to think otherwise.
Old 08.03.2010, 11:49 AM   #18
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this is my town, and every facet of it is me, its hard to explain, but I "love Cali like love women", and I will miss it when I am inevitably gone..

I wouldn't let a thing like swift, blinding violence chase me outta my own town, if anything shit like this motivates and inspires me to stay positive, to stay the course, to walk around these places not defeated, sad or afraid, but rather to stand up with joy and love for all folks, and spread that optimism and love around, from my experience a little but of sincere love goes a long way.. besides somebody gotta hold it down for the Most High

Sorry, that just sounds fucking stupid. There is no good reason to breathe some of the dirtiest air in America while risking your life in shotty neighborhoods. There are good drugs elsewhere in the country too, don't worry.
Old 08.03.2010, 12:07 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Sorry, that just sounds fucking stupid. There is no good reason to breathe some of the dirtiest air in America while risking your life in shotty neighborhoods. There are good drugs elsewhere in the country too, don't worry.

There is dirty air everywhere and also there is swift, blinding violence everywhere. While LA may have large numbers, and we may be pioneers, we are not necessarily unique, only perhaps in scale. I am sure every SYG poster can tell you at least one of these sob stories and can trace back a murder or two in their neighborhood. By the circumstance of life, I live where i can trace back just a few more than others, but hey, that is life. I honestly and sincerely love this town, flaws and all. Maybe I love it a bit more and that is why I don't mind ditching a car and hoofing it through some of these neighborhoods sure, but hey, the hood can be fun too, its not all just gang violence don't let this thread or the newspapers fool you. There are women to meet, good food to grab on every street corner, kids runnin around everywhere to laugh with, animals from dogs to goats to roosters all over the place, parks, plazas, elotes, cars bumpin at every red light..

The problems are universal so where would I go? Besides, I really love it here, even with and sometimes especially because of all the drama. Like any culture you learn to adapt, live and even thrive.

and I don't do hard drugs (though you should know, LA really does have the best )

Old 08.03.2010, 12:16 PM   #20
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Of course it is the availability of guns that results in the violence we find in America and no where else in the industrialized world. You would have to be a retard or a republican to think otherwise.

I like the fact that you said retard OR republican.

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth