Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What song was number one the day you were born?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2006, 01:53 PM   #1
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
May 4th 1990
Nothing compares 2 U- Sinead O'conner

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 01:55 PM   #2
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
May 4th, 1988

Where Do Broken Hearts Go - Whitney Houston

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
February 16th, 1985

I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:19 PM   #4
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
Cold Hearted - Paula Abdul

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:22 PM   #5
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
How do I find out?
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:24 PM   #6
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
How do I find out?

I went to Google and typed in "number one song on may 4, 1988". So just substitute your date.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:24 PM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-one_hits_(United_States)
but i found out from looking at a book
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:24 PM   #8
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...(United_States)
hmm, the hot link will not work,

try:
http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-number-one-hits

The Rascals

People Got To Be Free

by Felix Cavaliere and Eddie Brigati

All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free
Listen, please listen, that's the way it should be
Peace in the valley, people got to be free
You should see what a lovely, lovely world this'd be
Everyone learns to live together
Seems to me such an easy, easy thing should be
Why can't you and me learn to love one another
All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free (wanna be free)
I can't understand it, so simple to me (it is)
People everywhere just got to be free
If there's a man who is down and needs a helping hand
All it takes is you to understand and to pull him through
Seems to me we got to solve it individually
And I'll do unto you what you do to me
There'll be shoutin' from the mountains on out to sea (out to sea)
No two ways about it, people have to be free (they got to be free)
Ask me my opinion, my opinion will be (ah-ha)
It's a natural situation for a man to be free
Oh, what a feelin's just come over me
It's enough to move a mountain, make a blind man see
Everybody's dancin' [unintelligible]
Peace in the valley, now they want to be free
See that train over there
Now that's the train of freedom
It's about to arrive any minute, now
You know, it's been long, long overdue
Look out 'cause it's comin' right on through [fade]

January 6 Hello Goodbye The Beatles
January 13 Hello Goodbye The Beatles
January 20 Judy in Disguise (With Glasses)
John Fred & His Playboy Band
January 27 Judy in Disguise (With Glasses) John Fred & His Playboy Band
February 3 Green Tambourine The Lemon Pipers February 10 Love is Blue Paul Mauriat
February 17 Love is Blue Paul Mauriat
February 24 Love is Blue Paul Mauriat
March 2 Love is Blue Paul Mauriat
March 9 Love is Blue Paul Mauriat
March 16 (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay Otis Redding
March 23 (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay Otis Redding
March 30 (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay Otis Redding
April 6 (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay Otis Redding
April 13 Honey Bobby Goldsboro
April 20 Honey Bobby Goldsboro
April 27 Honey Bobby Goldsboro
May 4 Honey Bobby Goldsboro
May 11 Honey Bobby Goldsboro
May 18 Tighten Up Archie Bell & the Drells
May 25 Tighten Up Archie Bell & the Drells
June 1 Mrs. Robinson Simon & Garfunkel
June 8 Mrs. Robinson Simon & Garfunkel
June 15 Mrs. Robinson Simon & Garfunkel
June 22 This Guy's in Love With You
Herb Alpert
June 29 This Guy's in Love With You Herb Alpert July 6 This Guy's in Love With You Herb Alpert July 13 This Guy's in Love With You Herb Alpert July 20 Grazing in the Grass Hugh Masekela
July 27 Grazing in the Grass Hugh Masekela August 3 Hello, I Love You The Doors
August 10 Hello, I Love You The Doors
August 17 People Got to Be Free The Rascals August 24 People Got to Be Free The Rascals August 31 People Got to Be Free The Rascals September 7 People Got to Be Free The Rascals September 14 People Got to Be Free The Rascals
September 21 Harper Valley PTA Jeannie C. Riley September 28 Hey Jude The Beatles
October 5 Hey Jude The Beatles
October 12 Hey Jude The Beatles
October 19 Hey Jude The Beatles
October 26 Hey Jude The Beatles
November 2 Hey Jude The Beatles
November 9 Hey Jude The Beatles
November 16 Hey Jude The Beatles
November 23 Hey Jude The Beatles
November 30 Love Child Diana Ross & The Supremes
December 7 Love Child Diana Ross & The Supremes
December 14 I Heard It Through the Grapevine Marvin Gaye
December 21 I Heard It Through the Grapevine Marvin Gaye
December 28 I Heard It Through the Grapevine Marvin Gaye

Love Child/Never meant to be...
yeah that's me all right
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:26 PM   #9
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Everyone here is young as hell.

Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey

If you're thinkin' you're too cool to boogie
Boy oh boy have I got news for you
Everybody here tonight must boogie
Let me tell ya' you are no exception to the rule

Get on up on the floor
Cuz we're gonna boogie oogie oogie
Till you just can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more
You can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more, listen to the music

There's no time to waste, let's get this show on the road
Listen to the music and let your body flow
The sooner we begin the longer we've got to groove
Listen to the music and let your body move

Now get on up on the floor
Cuz we're gonna boogie oogie oogie
Till you just can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more
You can't boogie no more (boogie)
Boogie no more, listen to my bass here

Get down, boogie oogie oogie
Get down
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:27 PM   #10
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Justify My Love - Madonna
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:28 PM   #11
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
escapade- janet jackson
Old 08.13.2006, 02:31 PM   #12
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul with The Wild Pair
Old 08.13.2006, 02:33 PM   #13
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit everyone here is young. Except for Atari and Peeyatset Shayst, I remember both jamming to the number ones on the radio, and watching their videos on MTV.

Opposites Attract was the 6th grade dance jam during the spring of that year.

Is the Wild Pair the brains behind "MC Skat Cat?"
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:33 PM   #14
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
I'm by no means old, but I can remember watching some of these videos on MTV clearly. THAT makes me feel old.
Old 08.13.2006, 02:34 PM   #15
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Addicted To You by LeVert

who?
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:35 PM   #16
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylikes
Holy shit everyone here is young. Except for Atari and Peeyatset Shayst, I remember both jamming to the number ones on the radio, and watching their videos on MTV.

Opposites Attract was the 6th grade dance jam during the spring of that year.

Is the Wild Pair the brains behind "MC Skat Cat?"

IT HURTS!!! IT HURTS!!!
Old 08.13.2006, 02:38 PM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The Beatles were on Life magazine's cover the week I was born. They are pictured in a swimming pool.

I was mistaken...it's actually this one which is from not just the week, but the date of my birth:

Old-timers can search these here:
http://www.life.com/Life/search/covers
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:41 PM   #18
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

too bad i'm not at least 34.
Old 08.13.2006, 02:42 PM   #19
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Well, it seems as thought Life became a monthly magazine in 1972.
Old 08.13.2006, 02:42 PM   #20
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
hey canker, your only 16?

alannah myles - black velvet

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth