Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bad acid trip!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2006, 03:43 AM   #1
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
A while back a friend of mine took acid and for some strange reason decided to go for a drive in his car... tripping sky high... at 2:30am in the morning.
He got onto the freeway and about 5km down the road he spotted something in the distance. As he got closer, he noticed a diningroom table in the middle of the road. It was just standing there, upright. Thinking that it was an apparition caused by the hallucinations he was having, he kept driving and to his surprise... it was a REAL table! He survived the crash and was later told that a large transport vehicle filled with furniture had accidentally left the back open and a table had fallen out. How's that for a bad acid trip!
Old 08.14.2006, 04:40 AM   #2
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Ha!

I hope he didn't inform the authorities that he was tripping at the time?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 04:57 AM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Crazy story, Tokolosh...I'll be telling people about that tale hehe

I was able to choose just the right search termsin google to resurrect this post I made last July in a "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" thread at the old board.
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:LYAlrJKNCnsJ:www.sonicyouth.com/bboard/fanforum/viewtopic.asp%3FTopicID%3D1747485%26topic%3DFear%2 BAnd%2BLoathing%2BIn%2BLas%2BVegas+%22atari+2600%2 2%2B%22sonicyouth.com%22%2B%22aquarium%22&hl=en&gl =us&ct=clnk&cd=1

i related this story before (I was unable to locate the first time I related this in more detail)
but the night that this movie (Fear & Loathing) premiered i went to see it with a friend & we dosed-up beforehand

we saw it at the Ga Theatre downtown (in Athens...it was the first & only time i can remember that they showed a movie the night it opened) & as we were walking back to his house afterwards from downtown up a dark street, a cop rode up behind us & stopped dead in the middle of this T intersection & flashed his high beams on us...we were really wiggin' but i remember saying to my friend "don't look back, just keep walking & don't run"

(I include that first part of the story because it was an ominous precursor of things to come in a way)

we made it back okay & then the shit that happened after that with his little brother who was visiting was pretty much right out of that movie

after we were crashing (it was very clean) the rest of the stuff was all in mixed into this gatorade bottle in the frig...the guy that brought it to town was also crashing at the place & he knew his shit (the guy was from Santa Cruz & had a stack of Grateful Dead ticket stubs at least two inches thick) & swore it was actual Owsley...anyway, after we crashed my friend's younger brother (who had been denied access to the dosage earlier) went into the frig & drank the entire rest of the bottle!

we awoke to his brother smashing the fish aquarium & then he started eating the fish...the guy that got the stuff tried to restrain him but he escaped out the door, got into my friend's (his older brother's) brand-new car & then drove away...negotiating out of the driveway he didn't use the driveway but rather a narrow channel between a fence & a huge stone wall...then through a drainage ditch onto the street...the car was already fucked-up before he ever got out of the drive hehe & (as we learned later) would no longer drive forward, so the kid (i think he was 15 or 16) started driving the car in reverse up the street & a couple of more streets before the cops got him...as soon as the kid drove off in the car i woke up real fast & got my shit & started walking up the street away from that house believe me

at a brisk pace

---

I heard later that the kid did tell the cops he was tripping to explain his behavior. They tore the house apart, but everything had been removed by my friend & the guy from Santa Cruz to some bushes behind the property by the time the police arrived back at the house some time later & the kid had already drank all (an absolutely ridiculous amount) of the lsd.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 05:24 AM   #4
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Here's an impression I made in photoshop. I think it must have looked something like this, just before he was confronted with reality.

Old 08.14.2006, 05:24 AM   #5
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
OHHHHH

that's too much

ahahhaha
hahahaha

oh shit that made staying up worthwhile
Old 08.14.2006, 05:33 AM   #6
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Ha! He must have looked funny while eating those fish!
The beauty of munching acid is that when your body has absorbed enough of the D-lysergic acid diethylamide, it washes the rest out.
There are no records of people actually dying from an overdose itself. Nevertheless the poor kid got the full dose. Is he still in his trip?
Old 08.14.2006, 05:43 AM   #7
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Ha!

I hope he didn't inform the authorities that he was tripping at the time?

I'm not sure if he reported the accident, but it scared the living shit out of him. One things for sure, he won't be driving with Alice again.
Old 08.14.2006, 05:46 AM   #8
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I don't think so. Although, I don't really know because that was the end of my friend. His parents made him move away from Athens after that incident. The amount of liquid that the kid took was enough to last a single person many, many years of dosing, I suppose.

Andrew Reiger (Elf Power) & I had a friend that took too much acid & went crazy. He dropped out of school & became a street person which isn't all that unusual in itself. His given name, of all names, was Gibby. The last I saw him he told me he had legally changed his name to Gareth because he said an angel told him to change it to that. Whether he really had it changed or how how he musted the wherewithall to do so, I don't know. He was a very weird dude & had zero attention span. He walked around Athens in the same clothes for years on end & definitely didn't seem like the old self we knew at all.
Old 08.14.2006, 05:55 AM   #9
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I have a friend that stayed in one of his trips. I didn't see him for a couple of months after that. Then one day he pitched up at my house with a chicken under one arm. He had plucked all the feathers off the poor animals body and had painted it bright red to match the colour on his bald head.
I had a cup of coffee with him and sent him on his way.
Old 08.14.2006, 05:59 AM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I had an ex-girfriend once that said she had a friend that was in a mental institution because he was stuck on a trip & thought he was a chicken. I don't know if it was true or not though since I never knew the guy & it sounds like some sort of embellishment or urban legend a bit.

There's lots of odd parallels here...the driving mishaps...chickens...very strange.

That same girl knew another girl whose roommate married Jeff Pinkus of Butthole Surfers...Gibby...more tie-ins hehe...& I went to the wedding with her. It was in Atlanta.
Old 08.14.2006, 06:31 AM   #11
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
last time i did acid i thought i had the force and could move things with the power of my mind. all the lights looked purple and green and i could part crowds of people like the red sea.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 09:48 AM   #12
touch me i'm sick
expwy. to yr skull

touch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's asses
there's this guy that took acid at a party and was convinced he was a glass of orange juice. he stood still the whole time so that he wouldn't spill himself
touch me i'm sick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 09:52 AM   #13
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I knew somebody who got so high he ate his pillow.

Later I asked how he felt. He said, "OK, a little down in the mouth".
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 09:53 AM   #14
touch me i'm sick
expwy. to yr skull

touch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's asses
heehee
touch me i'm sick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 09:58 AM   #15
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
A while back a friend of mine took acid and for some strange reason decided to go for a drive in his car... tripping sky high... at 2:30am in the morning.
He got onto the freeway and about 5km down the road he spotted something in the distance. As he got closer, he noticed a diningroom table in the middle of the road. It was just standing there, upright. Thinking that it was an apparition caused by the hallucinations he was having, he kept driving and to his surprise... it was a REAL table! He survived the crash and was later told that a large transport vehicle filled with furniture had accidentally left the back open and a table had fallen out. How's that for a bad acid trip!

I reckon you might be making this up. I've heard a couple of similar stories where someone drives into a giraffe or somthing else weird. It just sounds like an urban legend to me.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 10:02 AM   #16
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, you cynic.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 10:15 AM   #17
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I knew somebody who got so high he ate his pillow.

Later I asked how he felt. He said, "OK, a little down in the mouth".

*hangs head and sighs*

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 01:55 PM   #18
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
How interesting.
Old 08.14.2006, 02:11 PM   #19
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
I reckon you might be making this up. I've heard a couple of similar stories where someone drives into a giraffe or somthing else weird. It just sounds like an urban legend to me.

I reckon you're making this up to make it look like an urban legend.
Old 08.14.2006, 02:26 PM   #20
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch me i'm sick
there's this guy that took acid at a party and was convinced he was a glass of orange juice. he stood still the whole time so that he wouldn't spill himself

HAHA

This is funny.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth