Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ed Templeton
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2006, 09:25 PM   #1
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
This is a thread dedicated to the man who is the Sonic Youth of skateboarding. & a man who has introduced Sonic Youth to a bunch of people. We thank him everyday for it. So, here is some artwork of his to start this dedication thread off.

Here's a link you can use to see more of Ed Templeton's artwork,
http://www.toymachine.com/ed/thingsido/index.html

Jah Bless Ed Templeton
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2006, 09:55 PM   #2
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Ed sure does have good taste in music. I remember a TWS profile where two of his top 5 favorite albums were Washing Machine and Sister.

I'm probably a lot older that most of the skater baters on here, but I remember when he was getting known, still on Schmitt Stix then The New Deal, which was a hugely popular company at the time. He used to always skate Huntington Beach high in nearly every photo and he was the king of Impossibles, a trick that I could never get close to doing.

I admire him as a skater and a person. He always has come across as down to earth and I had heard him speak out against homophobia, which you don't hear much from people in the skate industry.

I saw Ed and Vallely do a demo at a skatepark when their short-lived company TV was happening around '92.

All you skaters should seriously check out that Disposable book, with all the board graphics. Ed has a section in it.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2006, 09:59 PM   #3
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Impossible is a very tough fucking trick, & Ed always made it look so simple.
I saw one video where he landed an Impossible to Crooked Grind.
FUCKING AWESOME!
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 02:31 AM   #4
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
He also wrote 6 books:The Prevailing Nothing, The Golden Age of Neglect, The Contagion of Suggestibility, Teenage Smokers, Situation Comedy, Dysfunctional, Young Sleek and full of Hell And Beautiful Losers...

The Ad's for Toymachine are also very funny...

He's a hero dude...
Old 04.14.2006, 06:08 AM   #5
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
he was the first skater i liked when i first started, i didnt know why or if the things he did were any better than anyone elses, i just thought he was brilliant, it's been years since i "skated" in the loosest terms possible but i still try to check his stuff out on videos or whatever. I saw his "judas goat" show in london last year and absolutely loved it, I was in the gallery for hours checking to make sure that I hadn't accidently missed one of the pieces cus they were all so tightly packed. He had told the gallery he allowed people to take photos too which was amazing cus that kind of thing normally doesnt happen
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 08:25 AM   #6
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

It's good to know I'm not a dumbass. (ha ha) Fucking hilarious.
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 09:50 AM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Thrasher02:

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get those books, would ya'?
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 10:30 AM   #8
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I think you can get them on the toy site.
or check amazon or ebay
Old 04.14.2006, 10:34 AM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Cool. I will definetly check those out. Great ads by the way.
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 10:43 AM   #10
Trasher02
invito al cielo

I think they're hilarious. the whole "Buy toy or you are a doochebag" idea is fucking great
Old 04.14.2006, 10:48 AM   #11
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Well, it's true. Isn't it?
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 10:59 AM   #12
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Yeah actually it is.
Toymachine's newest movie Suffer the Joy wil be coming out soon. suffet the joy... squeezing the teet of patience untill it runs dry
Old 04.14.2006, 11:02 AM   #13
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Hey, let's leak the new toymachine video. (ha ha) Just kidding.
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 11:47 AM   #14
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Saw the Good and Evil vid yet?Good and Evil was a fucking awesome vid!
Old 04.14.2006, 11:51 AM   #15
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Man, I haven't seen any new skate vids in a long ass time. I'm cheap.
-George Carlin
Old 04.14.2006, 12:02 PM   #16
Trasher02
invito al cielo

yes you are.
Baker 3 is a masterpiece! all the runs were dope! except for the rapdudes they sucked ass.
Old 04.14.2006, 04:06 PM   #17
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Antwan Dixon came out of nowhere on Baker 3. I think he only lifted his arms over his shoulders once on his whole part. Marleypumpin really needs to see Good and Evil. The intro is the best since Mislead Youth.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 08:41 PM   #18
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Well, I definetly know what the next skate movie I'm gonna get is.
Thanks for the suggestions.
-George Carlin
Old 04.15.2006, 04:01 AM   #19
Trasher02
invito al cielo

buy toy or die
Old 04.15.2006, 04:03 AM   #20
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

& if you do decide to die, then, "Welcome To Hell". (me "trying" to be funny)

We need some more photo's up in this mutha. Find one w/ Ed wearing an SY shirt. I know someone posted one on the old board.
-George Carlin

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth