Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page most hopelessly gun-in-your-mouth depressed you've ever been?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.01.2009, 07:03 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Reveal the deepest, darkest times in your life.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Probably last year. Couple of deaths, love stuff, school stuff. I was just generally really sick of everything.
Nothing a couple of drinks couldn't fix! hurhur
Old 08.01.2009, 07:20 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah man. This past year.. from august 8th, 2008 to now.. has definitely been the worst year of my life.

Old 08.01.2009, 07:24 PM   #4
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Just found out I was adopted, broke my foot, relatives died... yeah, it wasn't too fun.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
What happened on the 8th august that initiated it? If I may ask so.
Old 08.01.2009, 07:26 PM   #6
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
When my friend killed himself with me and one or two others present, we were skateboarding, and he threw himself into a car and got his head crushed.
Telling a mom about how her son killed himself is not something I wish on anybody.
Haven't skated since.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 07:37 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
What happened on the 8th august that initiated it? If I may ask so.

My aunt died. I really only had 3 family members left in my life.. grandpa, mom, and aunt. She died (of an accidental prescription overdose) (no, she didn't take anything extra, and she didn't take any more of her medication than she should've) (yes, my mom and grandpa have decided to sue the doctor that prescribed the medication she was on...), and that caused my grandpa and mom to go insane and become suicidal themselves. I inherited a house that my aunt was renting out to some scummy people at the time, and I had to kick these people out, and I've been in and out of court myself a good 20 times at least. A blackness has filled my heart because of all of this.. and there's more... and my friends and, uh, girlfriend I guess, have all said I've become less "enjoyable" to be around. Also, my job too -- they say I have an attitude problem. I'm not directly blaming it on anything in particular, but certainly, all the shit I've dealt with in the past year.. and the fact that no one has been willing to try to understand the difficulties I've been facing.. has contributed to this being the worst year of my life.

Old 08.01.2009, 07:39 PM   #8
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
i've been diagnosed with depression but i just think that doctors don't know genius when they see it
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 07:56 PM   #9
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know what caused it particularly but I had an adjustment disorder my third year of college. Sleeping all day, refusing social interaction, thoughts of suicide daily, etc. I got out of it right before my mother was deciding to put me on anti-depressants. However, I think I heard that remission is high for AD.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 08:27 PM   #10
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
When 'N Sync broke up.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 08:45 PM   #11
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like guns, I prefer teh shower floor with some good cutlery myself. But anyway.. not for a while now. A few seperate times definately.

Unfortunately I can relate to the work situation, when I've felt god-awful, my workmates always noticed. It's hard because you're usually doingn your best to hold it together and just get through the day, and when people come out with 'lighten up' and what not.. it doesn't help.

erm, the best advice I can give is to just really work on believing there is light at the end of it all, because there often is. Focusing on really picturing how things WILL be better soon enough, even if it is hard to believe right now, helps.

I tend to really become quite introverted and more spiritual in those times. It helps me to try and remember that I'm just in a transition period, and that life does not ever stop to leave you completely lost and stuck in any one moment. I believe in connecting energies in all things/people, and that every point in life has something to learn from even if it is thoroughly an awful experience. If you take a moment to really examine how your life is, you might find that aside from the things you cannot control, some of the downward spiral might be something you can stop, or give in to (if it is a path that is unavoidable, and fighting against it in the first place is what is causing the slump).

so, yeh.
Old 08.01.2009, 08:52 PM   #12
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Gun to the lower back of the head/neck is probably the fastest way. Take out the medulla and you're done. Most everything else endangers only brain damage.

And I disagree with the "light at the end of the tunnel" answer. Come to understand the beautiful things about the tunnel.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 11:11 PM   #13
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
exactly pbradley. The thing about depression is it can be really hard to focus on anything but the negatives, but you have to put things in perspective, no matter how hard it is to do.
Old 08.01.2009, 11:23 PM   #14
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Would never say I was ever so depressed I was on the verge or seriously contemplated suicide, however there was a time when I went to the emergency room because I was vomiting blood. They had to put a tube down my nose to my stomach, and I had to stay in the hospital for about three days just laying in a bed. That was probobly me at my most helpless and desperate. It fucking sucked and its an experiance I will never forget.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 11:41 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I prefer the slow-motion kind.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 12:34 AM   #16
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Earlier this year. Whenever that last halfassed OD was. Or the start of freshman year. Maybe last year. I have no idea.

I feel like I peaked as an individual in the fucking eighth grade. s'all downhill from here.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 01:31 AM   #17
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
2006, January to July

January - got fired from work
February, March - was desperate looking for a job, with money running out
April - mom died suddenly, 2 weeks after that my then-girlfriend dumped me
May, June - I don't really recall this period, I was half-conscious
July - started feeling better, but the previous months were sheer terror.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 02:42 AM   #18
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
right before I accepted my life is total shit.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 02:54 AM   #19
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I hear that all the time. It may be true...but I am not thoroughly convinced...heh.
Old 08.02.2009, 02:59 AM   #20
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

meh.

(that response may in fact be how I react to life.)

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth